Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

Qb to break into the top 5 and top 10

Derek Carr will break into the top 5. I think the addition of cook with Crabtree and cooper should do it.

Only concern would be local boy beast mode getting to feast on carries inside the 5.

Eli manning with Marshall and obj should have a monster year and no running game to rely on should easily make it into the top 10

Of course players go in and out of the top 5 at QB it is safe to project Rodgers, Brady and Brees in the top 3 spots. A player that I think makes it into the top 5 this year is Big Ben. He has the weapons and Bryant is a player that can put 80 yards on the board real quick. Bell can put up yards in the receiving game. The concern about Ben is always home road splits. This year he gets @Cle, @ Chicago, @Detriot, @ Indy and @Houston. That shouldn't be a very difficult road schedule to put up numbers.

the first 2 guys that came to mind have already been mentioned: eli and ben. i expect to see an improvement from dak, but i don't think he breaks into the top 5. rivers is a guy to watch if williams has a solid camp--i suspect the chargers will be going kamikaze to match bosa with rivers' closing window.

Carr has a shot but that's it.

Good chance he won't finish in the top 5.

He'll be a solid starter though for fantasy purposes.

Eli?

Saying he will be top 10 isn't really going out on a limb since he finishes there most years. He is in decline though.

I figure it's about a 50/50 chance.

Carr has a really tough division to pass on, which makes me downgrade him

Good point.

KC and Denver have traditionally been very good Defenses. I expect San Diego will take another step forward on D and this division will likely be tough.

and Oakland plays all 3 teams 2 times each.

I dont see him breaking into the top 5 (stats wise)for this reason.

Of course the best 5 QB's are rarely the top 5 statistically for the same reason.

I think he's far better than his stats will show.

I see plenty of Qbs with potential to be either top 5 or top 10 this year. All the more reason to sit back and wait on a Qb this draft.

I'll likely be drafting two Qbs between rounds 8-11 with weight given to favorable playoff matchups weeks 14-16.

I like Rivers to make it Into the top five and he will replace Ryan.

I think Winston is in the top seven and Bortles makes in into the top ten.

That is all.

I like Rivers to make it Into the top five and he will replace Ryan.

ryan has been top-5 for 5 seasons now. what is your reasoning for him to drop?

He was 16th in 2015.

He was 7th in 2014.

He was 9th in 2013.

He was 5th in 2012.

He was 8th in 2011.

He was 3rd last season.

So the last six seasons he has been in the top five twice.

So to see Ryan finshing 6th or worst isn't out of the question.

I like Mariota to sneak into the top 5.

I like Wentz to sneake into the top 10.

Also, look for Cousins to outplay his ADP. People will be down on him due to lost weapons, but he'll be fine.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks have the easiest schedule they've ever had during the Pete Caroll era this year.

I know I'm a homer, but Wilson could be a easy top 5.

I'd go with Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Wilson

as slam dunks.

Roethlisberger might be a nice call too.

I see Roethlisberger getting injured again and retiring. I just have this feeling this is his last year and I'm not sure he'll even finish it so I wouldn't put him in the top 5 and may not even make the top 10.

If Winston continues putting up the same yards while adding to his TD total and keeping his INTs down then he's a candidate for top 5 this year. I have a feeling he misses the top 5 though but makes the top 10.

I've said the same thing about Big Ben.

When a player of his caliber starts talking about taking a seat in the rocker, he's done.

I'm not that high on him and then for that matter Brown either this season.

Because when Ben goes down Brown seems to be less productive.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks have the easiest schedule they've ever had during the Pete Caroll era this year.

I know I'm a homer, but Wilson could be a easy top 5.

He's a Troy Aikman type fantasy producer though. They like to run. They will run a lot.

Top 5 guys tend to be on teams that are heavily pass first and pass second.

The top 5 will be

Brees, Brady and Rodgers are safe bets to take up 3 spots

The other two are probably going to be from these Ryan, Cam, Cousins, Jameis, Big Ben, Luck, or Carr

Rivers, Stafford, Eli, Wilson, Dak, have an outside chance to make it

Any other QB is a long shot but anything is possible

Dalton. Has video game weapons and has been known to put up better fantasy numbers than his talent

So the last six seasons he has been in the top five twice.

So to see Ryan finshing 6th or worst isn't out of the question.

you're right. i was looking at yardage, not FF points.

He's a Troy Aikman type fantasy producer though. They like to run. They will run a lot.

Top 5 guys tend to be on teams that are heavily pass first and pass second.

Thats true. I'm assuming he's back to his normal self running the ball. Say 500 yards rushing and 3 td's. To add to his passing stats.

When a player of his caliber starts talking about taking a seat in the rocker, he's done.

I see the other side of the coin. With Bell's long term future in Pittsburgh in doubt, I think there'll be a sense of urgency in PIT and that Ben will have his eye on a third ring. One thing to note about Brown is that he had a better year in 2015 when Martavis Bryant was scampering around the field and Bryant is back.

The top 5 will be

The other two are probably going to be from these Ryan, Cam, Cousins, Jameis, Big Ben, Luck, or Carr

Not a fan of Cam being that high. He's barely top 10.

• Like 1

I don't disagree about that.

I think the Steelers need to win now.

But if you recall Ben playing especially late in the season he looked uncomfortable to me.

And I posted that , and after the season he talked about thinking about retiring.

So I can see your point that this could be it and the urgency to win should be very high.

I not see him being a top five QB I think he has one foot out and thats going to hurt his performance and the rest of the offense.

So I'm not buying him as a top five QB.

I think Newton is a tough one to rank.

For him to break back into the top ten or even the top five he will need to run more then he did last season.

He only had two games with plus ten rushing att.

I don't think he will run as often and for that reason i can't see him being a top five QB.

Plus the lost of T Ginn I think will be a bigger factor then I think it will be.

He's right at the door of being a top ten QB, but I'm not sure that I can rank him that high at this time.

Cam's had 2 season where he's been about a top 3 or so fantasy QB

He's had 4 seasons where he's been a low end QB1

I figure that's about the odds for this season

2015 Newton was number one.

But in 2014 and 2016 he was a QB2.

Him being no better then a QB2 in two of the last three seasons makes me cautions about making him a top ten QB.

And I don't really like what he has at the wr postion going into the season.

Mccaffery of course will be a big target, but it's his rushing att that makes me wonder if he indeed can be a top ten QB again.

I don't think he will be Running as often, and again losing Ginn will effect the offense.

Ginn isn't a great wr, but he was a strong deep threat for Newton.

2015 Newton was number one.

But in 2014 and 2016 he was a QB2.

Him being no better then a QB2 in two of the last three seasons makes me cautions about making him a top ten QB.

And I don't really like what he has at the wr postion going into the season.

Mccaffery of course will be a big target, but it's his rushing att that makes me wonder if he indeed can be a top ten QB again.

I don't think he will be Running as often, and again losing Ginn will effect the offense.

Ginn isn't a great wr, but he was a strong deep threat for Newton.

They better pay Olsen too. He gets grumpy and holds out that offense is really screwed. Rumblings is he's unhappy.

Saw a stat the other day which cast light onto what you just said. Ben's effectiveness operating under center, where the play-action pass is best used, is highly suspect these days. In fact his QBR while taking snaps under center is worse than Blake Bortles.

The top 5 will be

I certainly agree with the top 3. Someone else in this thread said something about top 5 is a primarily passing team. Since Atlanta, Pittsburgh, TB and Oakland have balanced offensive attacks, I'd rule out those guys. I don't trust Cam. That leaves Luck and Eli. The Colts have Gore, but I almost expect him to get injured this year. Mack may be good, but he won't be relied upon. Thus, I look for them to have a pass heavy offense this year. The Giants have hot garbage at the RB spot and weapons all over in the passing game.

1. Rogers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Manning

5. Luck

I find it remarkable that Brady is near 40 yet we are still positive he will end top 3. It's just really impressive for a guy that age.

I find it remarkable that Brady is near 40 yet we are still positive he will end top 3. It's just really impressive for a guy that age.

That's got more to do with the system and team built around him than his age imo. If you take him you prolly should cuff him w garps but its hard to deny that weekly payday potential.

Luck still can't throw a football. I'd put the brakes on him finishing top 5 this year

I like Mariota to sneak into the top 5.

I like Wentz to sneake into the top 10.

Also, look for Cousins to outplay his ADP. People will be down on him due to lost weapons, but he'll be fine.

I need to see Mariota to play 16 games before I give him a top 5 prediction/projection.