Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

do you flash your lights to alert others of the five oh?

Nope, don't want to get caught up in any gang initiation rituals.

Seriously though, I don't. Maybe I am getting old, but if you are driving fast enough to earn a ticket, you deserve one.

Flash my lights at who? A random driver going the other way, back towards the cop? Lol, no.

Nope, don't want to get caught up in any gang initiation rituals.

Seriously though, I don't. Maybe I am getting old, but if you are driving fast enough to earn a ticket, you deserve one.

I guess I'm getting old too; when I saw the thread title I thought "oh yeah, I remember when that was a thing. Is that still a thing?" Apparently it is.

Now get off of my lawn. :dunno:

Yes. This weekend I'm pretty sure I saved some maniac from a ticket.

I wondered after if I should have.

I always do, always, always, always.

No.

I actually get irritated with most of the people zipping in and out of traffic - driving like freaking idiots. Fock'm - learn to drive responsibly.

Sometimes...I live not too far off of a pretty busy road, although my street is a deadend with no houses on the other side cause it's protected wetlands. Anyway I often see people driving with their headlights off when they should def be on. Always flash those people... Don't want anyone dying cause of something so stupid

Every time. I can not tell you how often I have been saved by others who have helped me.

I guess I'm getting old too; when I saw the thread title I thought "oh yeah, I remember when that was a thing. Is that still a thing?" Apparently it is.

Now get off of my lawn. :dunno:

I think its always been an urban legend. :dunno:

• Like 1

Sometimes...I live not too far off of a pretty busy road, although my street is a deadend with no houses on the other side cause it's protected wetlands. Anyway I often see people driving with their headlights off when they should def be on. Always flash those people... Don't want anyone dying cause of something so stupid

That's different; I ALWAYS flash people whose lights are off in the dark.

Now this I do - I at least try to get their attention and let them know... I will also let somebody know if they have a low tire or busted taillight if I come up to a stop next to them.

yes I do this too.

Interesting because i always flash people with the lights off in the dark too.....in their house.....while they sleep....fapping.

Wait....what?

• Like 1

To alert them to cops? Yes

To let them know their lights are off? Yes

To let them know their brights are on? Yes.

But nowadays, the d!ck move here is people turn their brights on until the other guy gets the message and turns his off. Our society has gone from one of gentle reminders to "Fock you, you focking fock! Let's play bright light chicken!"

To alert them to cops? Yes

To let them know their lights are off? Yes

To let them know their brights are on? Yes.

to let them know it's their turn to go

to check and see if my lights are actually on in daytime rain

because I thought they were my windshield wipers

to say thank you for letting me go

because I flashed them trying to answer my steering wheel phone button

Deer in the road (thx. MTSkiBum)

To Tell Other People To Slow Down (Newbie)

fock that.

All you doooshes flashing your lights because you think you're cool or you're incompetent.

I have no focking idea why you're flashing, and nobody else does either.

I just drive.

I mind my own focking business, and drive.

There was a case here in Louisiana years ago where a guy saw a State Trooper in the median on I-10. He starts flashing his lights to warn motorists. Another State Trooper going the direction the guy was flashing sees and turns around and pulls him over and gives him a ticket for police interference or something like that. The guy challenged the ticket by saying it was his 1st amendment right to do so, and won.

There was a case here in Louisiana years ago where a guy saw a State Trooper in the median on I-10. He starts flashing his lights to warn motorists. Another State Trooper going the direction the guy was flashing sees and turns around and pulls him over and gives him a ticket for police interference or something like that. The guy challenged the ticket by saying it was his 1st amendment right to do so, and won.

I can't see how that would be against the law. The whole point of speeding tickets is to get people to slow down. Flashing your lights is a way of getting people to slow down. Police having an issue with that is pretty much admitting that it's a money grab and not an effort to stop speeding.

No, why would I? So many people in this thread acting like its a thing. Are you 16 trying not to get caught with weed? What adult drives around like your the Dukes of hazard avoiding the Law? Why would I need you to alert me of a cop? Dumbfocks.

Also calling major BS that anyone does this. When someone flashes lights, I don't think "Oh it's the fuzz!", It means you have your brights on or your lights are off.

What's manly about alerting a speeding Dbag that a cop is coming up? That speeder maybe texts and hits a family, he deserves to get a ticket. I'm baffled by this thread.

• Like 1

I don't flash the lights at them because they probably wouldn't slow down anyway, but I don't want them to get a ticket, so I usually just veer into the oncoming traffic a little to make them slow down.

I don't flash the lights at them because they probably wouldn't slow down anyway, but I don't want them to get a ticket, so I usually just veer into the oncoming traffic a little to make them slow down.

Come on man, nobody is that dumb.

No, I'm too busy playing on my phone.

Come on man, nobody is that dumb.

You'd be surprised. Sometimes they don't slow down, and I have to stay in there lane for awhile. That usually makes them slow down a lot.

Nope, but here is a free tip for you when you are in your 4 wheeler(A vehicle with four wheels btw).

Those big rigs you see on the road, 18 wheelers. Stay the fock out of their way. Give them room to merge. NEVER brake check them. I have seen many videos where people get killed doing this stupid brake check shtt because they are road raging.

Everything you buy gets to where it is going on a big rig. So be patient and give them some room.

If you are on a highway or bigger and one passes you, flash your lights at them when they have cleared you and have room to get back in the driving lane.

Do NOT flash your brights at them, just turn your lights off for a second and flip them back on.

You're welcome.

Lol brake check, swerving into others lanes, people are really stupid. I know how to get them, I'll do something incredibly dumb and dangerous, that will teach them a lesson!

Lol brake check, swerving into others lanes, people are really stupid. I know how to get them, I'll do something incredibly dumb and dangerous, that will teach them a lesson!

:doublethumbsup:

I have always heard people say it is against the law to do this. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it.

I do it on the regular road I drive but often forget. Lightly trafficked highways and 1 lane roads. There is pretty much a speed trap where state police always sit that I go by a lot. It has pretty much become common courtesy to flash them if one is sitting in its normal spot. If I am out of town or on a busy highway then no. If you are weaving and out of a 6 lane highway then I'd rather you get stopped. If you are going 67 in a 55 then no, F the police. :bandana:

I'm not much of a speeder. I've had 3 but 2 tickets for speeding in 2 weeks when I was young and then realized that it is quite stupid to routinely speed. I was always the guy who would never really let loose on a highway and take it up to 100. But I'd find myself constantly barely speeding. Now I laugh when people on a Sunday morning are tailgating my ass or in such a hurry. Sure maybe some are but most people act like they are in such a rush when they aren't in the slightest.

I'm a 70 and push cruise in a 65 guy now.

I don't flash my lights at them, I just yell out as they are driving past me

"hey there's a fockin cop up there"

and point behind me. It never works.

No, why would I? So many people in this thread acting like its a thing. Are you 16 trying not to get caught with weed? What adult drives around like your the Dukes of hazard avoiding the Law? Why would I need you to alert me of a cop? Dumbfocks.

Also calling major BS that anyone does this. When someone flashes lights, I don't think "Oh it's the fuzz!", It means you have your brights on or your lights are off.

What's manly about alerting a speeding Dbag that a cop is coming up? That speeder maybe texts and hits a family, he deserves to get a ticket. I'm baffled by this thread.

Please.

Everyone speeds. Pretty much all the time. That includes the focking cops.

Speed limits are set too low and cops can pretty much ticket anyone they damn well feel like it.

The whole thing is nothing more than revenue for the damn city or county.

In Tennessee, there are several spots of the interstate between Nashville and Memphis where the county cops set up speed traps on the interstate. There is no town in that county within miles of the interstate. Hickman County being the worst.

They do it to raise revenue from people who won't bother to show up in bugtussle to contest the fine and to raise revenue from non locals.

Fock em. Should be stopped.

20 years ago when I used to speed, I warned. Since I quit speeding, I quit warning.

Seriously? You actually drive 65 or 70 on the interstate?

I no longer do 85-90 regularly like I did when I was young. Try to keep it below 80. I see 79 as the sweet spot.

Drive 70 and you'll get your ass run over.

Seriously? You actually drive 65 or 70 on the interstate?

I no longer do 85-90 regularly like I did when I was young. Try to keep it below 80. I see 79 as the sweet spot.

Drive 70 and you'll get your ass run over.

I rarely break the speed limit by more than 5 mph (highway might be lone exception).

Anytime i see a cop "staking out" a highway, its been on a highway...meaning there are a half dozen or so cars passing the otherway at any given second. Am i supposed to flash every single car that goes by?