Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Scott Adams' blog on Trump, the Persuasion Filter, and Immigration

Scott Adams, he of Dilbert fame, predicted ~ a year ago that Trump would win the election, and did so because he considers Trump a Master Persuader. He has other blogs discussing this topic, but I thought I'd post this one which discusses specifically the immigration ban.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/156532225711/the-persuasion-filter-and-immigration

In a nutshell, the Trump way of operating is: big first offer, then negotiate. As the blog points out, he even wrote a book on it.

Is this his strategy, or is he just a crazy Hitler wannabe? That depends on your filter, which will be apparent if you read the article.

Discuss. :cheers:

Scott Adams, he of Dilbert fame, predicted ~ a year ago that Trump would win the election, and did so because he considers Trump a Master Persuader. He has other blogs discussing this topic, but I thought I'd post this one which discusses specifically the immigration ban.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/156532225711/the-persuasion-filter-and-immigration

In a nutshell, the Trump way of operating is: big first offer, then negotiate. As the blog points out, he even wrote a book on it.

Is this his strategy, or is he just a crazy Hitler wannabe? That depends on your filter, which will be apparent if you read the article.

Discuss. :cheers:

Had a friend of mine who after a few promotions worked his way back to my command. Came in acting like a dik. When I asked him why he was doing that he said it's easier to come down from being a tightass than it is to go up. He was right.

I could plug this anywhere, but what the hell;

Trump wants to announce his SCOTUS pick in PRIME TIME tomorrow.

The way that he and his team have vilified and fought with the press at every turn,

I think it'd be great for the networks to say "Nah, we're good - Fox can have it".

I know it won't happen, but it'd sure been fun if it did.

Teach this neophyte bully a lesson in how things work.

Been saying it for around a year now to, master marketer. Knows exactly what he is doing, let the man do his job.

Great article.

The way that he and his team have vilified and fought with the press at every turn,

I think it'd be great for the networks to say "Nah, we're good - Fox can have it".

..clearly didn't read the article.

Why do you write like a retard?

• Like 1

@RoguePOTUSStaff anyone hear of this Twitter account? Wonder if it's bs or not

..clearly didn't read the article.

Why do you write like a retard?

Because oftentimes he thinks like one. Not saying he is one but read his posts. Way too often idiotically retarded.

No one is making the media cover him. They're more than welcome to ignore the fock out of him. I hope they do.

Because oftentimes he thinks like one. Not saying he is one but read his posts. Way too often idiotically retarded.

Still smarting over that ass kicking you took, huh?

Played you like a fiddle. :music_guitarred: :doublethumbsup: :music_guitarred:

Still smarting over that ass kicking you took, huh?

Played you like a fiddle. :music_guitarred: :doublethumbsup: :music_guitarred:

You proved you hate the constitution. Not sure what else you think you proved.

:dunno:

And way too long.

What exactly does this have to do with this thread? :unsure:

Been saying it for around a year now to, master marketer. Knows exactly what he is doing, let the man do his job.

Great article.

The Presidency is not a marketing gig

@RoguePOTUSStaff anyone hear of this Twitter account? Wonder if it's bs or not

Who knows...crazy stuff if true

Exactly. You have to lead. Inspire.

So far? Train wreck. But who could have seen that coming.

Not losers who have to move to China to make a living. Or idiots who don't even work. Or wanna be Lawyers who can't find a job except in Alaska.

:lol:

Not losers who have to move to China to make a living. Or idiots who don't even work. Or wanna be Lawyers who can't find a job except in Alaska.

Spoken just like the man himself. Is this one of his tweets?

As for the article, I believe Trump thinks he has good intentions. I do believe he wants to make America safe and "great again" (which I've still yet to hear anyone actually know when that was). I just don't know why he needs to pander to the far right/left, when they make up such a small segment of America. He would be much warmer welcomed if he softened his tone, actually acted a little presidential, and surrounded himself with people from both sides of the aisle. Surrounding himself with the Bannon/Reibus types is just further fueling the notion that he is the "Hitler Filter". America will never heal until we have a government that represents all of us, the common goals we all share, not just one extreme or another every election cycle. Whether you're an R/D/I/L... whatever, one thing that can't be denied is America is deeply wounded, and those wounds appear to be growing, not healing.

In one way you have to give Trump credit. He is putting so many things out there at once that people don't have enough time to be pissed off at all of them. I don't agree with everything he's done, many don't agree with any of it. But his technique is a sort of perverse form of "Divide and Conquer"

Say, for example you are an environmentalist, you direct all of your rage towards his fast-tracking Keystone and Dakota Access, which means even though you hate the idea of Betsy Devos being Sec. of Education, you don't have the time to get angry about that too.

He's got 95% of the country questioning at least one thing he is doing but they are doing it at the same time over a number of issues.

Glad you got that off your chest.

Titans a lawyer too, right?

In one way you have to give Trump credit. He is putting so many things out there at once that people don't have enough time to be pissed off at all of them. I don't agree with everything he's done, many don't agree with any of it. But his technique is a sort of perverse form of "Divide and Conquer"

Say, for example you are an environmentalist, you direct all of your rage towards his fast-tracking Keystone and Dakota Access, which means even though you hate the idea of Betsy Devos being Sec. of Education, you don't have the time to get angry about that too.

He's got 95% of the country questioning at least one thing he is doing but they are doing it at the same time over a number of issues.

Trump is a rather mad genius when it comes to manipulation. Seeing him as President is better than any Dale Carnegie course in how to work people. So far what we have seen:

1. Take everything, you can always give back some later and claim you negotiated.

2. Throw everything at the wall at once and a majority of stuff will slip through.

3. Never admit defeat. Your enemies will be so angry that you don't they will look like they lost.

4. Attack your enemies with low blows. There really is no high ground in war, why take it.

5. Fock those who don't like you, play to your base. Actually Obama did this for 8 years, but Trump is doing it to the other side so it seems outrageous.

6. Finally, take the heat upon yourself and keep it there. This will allow those around you to do your bidding.

Read the article.

I think he's setting up a false dichotomy between thinking Drumpf is a master negotiator or thinking he's Hitler. I don't think most of his supporters or critics have such extreme positions.

I also think he's assuming that the type of negotiating tactic that works well in business will translate to Washington. Potential business partners would presumably have a financial incentive to work with Trump. Democrats in Congress don't have any incentive to work with a historically unpopular GOP president.

Finally, we are talking about a guy who spends all night getting in Twitter slapfights. I guess it's possible that Trump is playing some form of long game. More likely he did something impulsive without thinking through the consequences and his supporters are desperate to put a positive spin on his very bad weekend.

My two cents.

Read the article.

I think he's setting up a false dichotomy between thinking Drumpf is a master negotiator or thinking he's Hitler. I don't think most of his supporters or critics have such extreme positions.

I also think he's assuming that the type of negotiating tactic that works well in business will translate to Washington. Potential business partners would presumably have a financial incentive to work with Trump. Democrats in Congress don't have any incentive to work with a historically unpopular GOP president.

Finally, we are talking about a guy who spends all night getting in Twitter slapfights. I guess it's possible that Trump is playing some form of long game. More likely he did something impulsive without thinking through the consequences and his supporters are desperate to put a positive spin on his very bad weekend.

My two cents.

I think his supporters and critics do feel those things. I just don't think that there are that many people that would call themselves "Supporters." or 100% supporters anyway. Many of the critics absolutely think he is Hitler-esque.

I think the people buying Trump hook, line and sinker, don't have a clue is what its gonna cost them on an everyday basis. For example, like when the price of ###### from China and Mexico goes up dramatically.

I think his supporters and critics do feel those things. I just don't think that there are that many people that would call themselves "Supporters." or 100% supporters anyway. Many of the critics absolutely think he is Hitler-esque.

I think the people buying Trump hook, line and sinker, don't have a clue is what its gonna cost them on an everyday basis. For example, like when the price of ###### from China and Mexico goes up dramatically.

It reminds me of a place I used to work. A rental storage box cost $10 per year from 1976 - 2015. The rate went up to $40 per year in 2016 and people flipped. Had the rate increase been incremental no one would have noticed or complained.

Also, the price will be on par with what was made in the USA.

What will you buy? The cheap azz Chinese knock off or the American Made item at the same price point?

MAGA

So using this persuasive filter we get an America that is just alright instead of great. A diminished ISIS instead of one that has been defeated. 1 million people at the inauguration instead of 1.5. Truly a master negotiator!

So using this persuasive filter we get an America that is just alright instead of great. A diminished ISIS instead of one that has been defeated. 1 million people at the inauguration instead of 1.5. Truly a master negotiator!

All a move in the right direction. What's the issue?

Also, the price will be on par with what was made in the USA.

What will you buy? The cheap azz Chinese knock off or the American Made item at the same price point?

Liberal mantra for 8 years was Local and sustainable. Now it's "I want my cheap crap from WalMart".

This guy was on Bill Maher last year. He was talking about how Trump's campaign spent a significant amount of money, using focus groups, to hone in on which keywords would resonate most with the average voter. And how repeating those keywords over and over had a sort of brainwashing effect on people.

This guy was on Bill Maher last year. He was talking about how Trump's campaign spent a significant amount of money, using focus groups, to hone in on which keywords would resonate most with the average voter. And how repeating those keywords over and over had a sort of brainwashing effect on people.

Like "hope" or "change"? :dunno:

So you agree with him then?

Trump is living RMFF in your libs heads and the media. Of course they won't say no, he is owning them.

Amen!!! Three focking losers.

I would suggest we stop underestimating the man at this point. HE has shown the media, congress, Clinton and the Bush's "how things work". so perhaps its time to start watching and learning a little....

Don't be talking about cyclone, GoColts and Phurfur like that! Not cool man.

I was commenting on this yesterday.

About 14 days ago we read a report which included speculation that he is under Russian control because there is a video of him with prostitutes pee peeing all over each others faces while he chokes the chicken and curses about the Obamas.....And nobody is talking about it anymore. It's AMAZING! That is a story that would normally dominate every moment of talk radio and every website for months and months and months, and it's dead. Not only is it dead, but it's like 4 controversies ago. I'm in awe.

Now I do wonder the following......how long can he keep it up? Right now it feels like we are good for a nice big controversy every third day. Does he have the gasoline to keep such a pace up for 3 months? A year? Will he himself just burn out soon?