Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Trump fires Attorney General for doing her job

It took less than two weeks for Donald Trump to let it be known that he only wants himself surrounded by 'yes-men' as he fired the Attorney General for questioning the legality of his Muslim ban. Why would a lawyer and law expert think she has the power to question such a brilliant man as Donald Trump?? lol

So much for anyone having the power in the White House to challenge Der Fuhrer. They will be fired immediately. Good times! Making America Nazi again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-fires-acting-attorney-general-who-defied-him/ar-AAmqA6q?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Meh...she was on her way out anyway.....

Yes, but this way, she makes headlines.

Entirely predictable from both Trump and her.

Love seeing someone have integrity. She could have simply followed the company line and pretended that she was ok with it.

Drain the swamp!

I agree. Get rid of attorneys who understand the law and the constitution. :doh: :wacko:

She stood by her principles, and I applaud that, but let's not act like this wouldn't happen. New administration=new way to govern. She didn't want to follow the new guys executive orders, then of course she'll be fired. She should've called a press conference and ripped into the executive order, and then resigned on live tv. IMO that would've been a bigger statement.

Love seeing someone have integrity. She could have simply followed the company line and pretended that she was ok with it.

You really don't know that she was from the Obama regime,do you? :(

She stood by her principles, and I applaud that, but let's not act like this wouldn't happen. New administration=new way to govern. She didn't want to follow the new guys executive orders, then of course she'll be fired. She should've called a press conference and ripped into the executive order, and then resigned on live tv. IMO that would've been a bigger statement.

I heard a audio clip of when she was being questioned by Jeff Sessions before being appointed. She was specifically asked what she would do if her legal interpretation did not agree with that of the President (at the time, Obama). She stated very clearly that her job is to uphold the constitution and the law and she'd have no problem stating that, even if it contradicted the President's views. Kudos to her. She probably knew a thin-skinned pussie like Trump could never handle anyone who didn't kiss his ass. And she stuck by her morals (and job description) anyway.

I absolutely know that. How does that change the fact that she got fired for having integrity and doing her job?

• Like 1

It's newbie, so...... I'm guessing no.

:dunno:

Not much different than the cat lady who wouldn't give out the ghey marriage licence.

One is an act of bigotry and the other is an understanding of constitutional law. Yeah, not much different. :doh:

I absolutely know that. How does that change the fact that she got fired for having integrity and doing her job?

You lauded her for not following the company line. :dunno:

I heard a audio clip of when she was being questioned by Jeff Sessions before being appointed. She was specifically asked what she would do if her legal interpretation did not agree with that of the President (at the time, Obama). She stated very clearly that her job is to uphold the constitution and the law and she'd have no problem stating that, even if it contradicted the President's views. Kudos to her. She probably knew a thin-skinned pussie like Trump could never handle anyone who didn't kiss his ass. And she stuck by her morals (and job description) anyway.

Yes kudos to her. I would've preferred to hear her statement of why it's unconstitutional, perhaps on live tv. I'm not in disagreement with her actions, just would've liked to see her do it a little different.

On the flip side, I don't disagree with the firing. It's his EO, it's his new cabinet, it's his way of governing. Now, this EO will go to court.

You lauded her for not following the company line. :dunno:

She works for Trump now. HTH

Well, as of yesterday

Yes kudos to her. I would've preferred to hear her statement of why it's unconstitutional, perhaps on live tv. I'm not in disagreement with her actions, just would've liked to see her do it a little different.

On the flip side, I don't disagree with the firing. It's his EO, it's his new cabinet, it's his way of governing. Now, this EO will go to court.

It just makes him look even more insecure and thin-skinned than he already appeared. Should have waited a week or so as to not make it look like he was such a baby.

Although he was obviously trying to send a message to everyone else on his staff. Do not question Der Fuhrer. She's actually lucky she was only fired and not executed.

One is an act of bigotry and the other is an understanding of constitutional law. Yeah, not much different. :doh:

She said she was not sure it was constitutional. Not that it WASN'T. Also she was going to be asked to resign or be fired as soon as her new boss came in anyway.

It took less than two weeks for Donald Trump to let it be known that he only wants himself surrounded by 'yes-men' as he fired the Attorney General for questioning the legality of his Muslim ban. Why would a lawyer and law expert think she has the power to question such a brilliant man as Donald Trump?? lol

So much for anyone having the power in the White House to challenge Der Fuhrer. They will be fired immediately. Good times! Making America Nazi again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-fires-acting-attorney-general-who-defied-him/ar-AAmqA6q?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Color me shocked a pvssy like you disagrees with her firing. Keep watching CNN. :thumbsdown:

If the Dems would get off their asses and confirm Sessions this wouldn't be an issue.

This was Trump getting their guy out and one of his guys in. Well played.

If it's an act of bigotry, then why isn't every Muslim banned from entry? Why aren't countries like India and Indonesia on the list? Is he only bigoted towards Muslims from those 7 specific countries? Or is it the "business ties" argument? Or are liberals covering all possibilities to fit their arguments?

Color me shocked a pvssy like you disagrees with her firing. Keep watching CNN. :thumbsdown:

And color me shocked that a whiny kvnt like you only wants Hitler Jr surrounded with yes-men.

Her job is to not follow it if she interprets it as unlawful.

This is going to be a fun eight years...

It may be a fun four years. But I doubt he makes it out of year one.

Not much different than the cat lady who wouldn't give out the ghey marriage licence.

Actually quite a bit different.

One disputed an order based on its legality.

One disputed an order based on ignorance, hypocrisy, and bigotry.

Agreed here...I don't think she should have publicized it.

Written a letter to those under her explaining why she feels its unlawful.

And of course he was going to fire her.

And color me shocked that a whiny kvnt like you only wants Hitler Jr surrounded with yes-men.

Hitler...haha....find new material slappy.

If the Dems would get off their asses and confirm Sessions this wouldn't be an issue.

This was Trump getting their guy out and one of his guys in. Well played.

The Dems are not in control.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is run by a Republican.

If it's an act of bigotry, then why isn't every Muslim banned from entry? Why aren't countries like India and Indonesia on the list? Is he only bigoted towards Muslims from those 7 specific countries? Or is it the "business ties" argument? Or are liberals covering all possibilities to fit their arguments?

Considering Trump didn't come up with the list of countries, that would blow the business ties argument right out of the water.

The bigoted argument is just funny.

When an argument seems absurd on its face, its because it is. hth

It may be a fun four years. But I doubt he makes it out of year one.

I know you aren't, but this could sound like you are threatening the President's life...

In a political conversation, the first one to bring in Hitler as a comparison is the stupid one. Godwins law.

No need for new material. His Hitler plans are in the infant stages. Attempting to control the media was step one. Firing anyone who disagrees with him is step two. "How did Germany let that happen??. Didn't they see it coming?" Oh they saw it. And they applauded the tough new leader. Stand in line and lock step, lemming.

I know you aren't, but this could sound like you are threatening the President's life...

Impeachment, resignation, assassination....many ways his term could fall short, champ.

The Dems are not in control.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is run by a Republican.

So you're saying the Republicans are slow rolling the confirmations?

Interesting.

So you're saying the Republicans are slow rolling the confirmations?

Interesting.

Have a link to show that the Dems delayed his confirmation vote?

Im saying blaming the Dems when the Republicans have control...and a Republican chairs the focking committee is laughable.

Considering Trump didn't come up with the list of countries, that would blow the business ties argument right out of the water.

The bigoted argument is just funny.

When an argument seems absurd on its face, its because it is. hth

:thumbsup: I'm just trying to figure out their argument (talking points). It can't be bigoted since he never banned all Muslims, and it can't be a business ties argument since he's using a list made by Obama. :dunno:

The United States Attorney General (A.G.) is the head of the United States Department of Justice per 28 U.S.C. concerned with legal affairs, and is the chief law enforcement officer and chief lawyer of the United States government. The attorney general serves as a member of the cabinet of the President of the United States and is the only cabinet officer who does not have the title of secretary.

The Attorney General is appointed by the President and takes office after confirmation by the United States Senate. He or she serves at the pleasure of the president and can be removed by the president at any time; the attorney general is also subject to impeachment by the House of Representatives and trial in the Senate for "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors".

The AG is the current administrations lawyer for all intents and purposes. If you are this gov't official and you don't do your job then you can be fired. End of Story.

I don't like this immigration executive order, but if she didn't either then she should have resigned in protest OR she should have done her job. Just like the cat lady.

The AG is the current administrations lawyer for all intents and purposes. If you are this gov't official and you don't do your job then you can be fired. End of Story.

I don't like this immigration executive order, but if she didn't either then she should have resigned in protest OR she should have done her job. Just like the cat lady.

No one is arguing whether or not Trump had the power to remove her at any time. The issue is, a smart President might have consulted the Attorney General (or Homeland Security) before making a decision of this importance. The reason there is a cabinet is so you have an expert in the various fields you'll be making decisions for.