Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

no helmets would help end concussions

The folks that tell you that there are fewer concussions in rugby don't know the numbers.

Rugby style tackling in football is safer and it is what we teach.

nobody will ever convince me playing without a helmet will cut concussions

Not anymore.

Back when the game was played without helmets or with leather helmets, the mentality of the individual player was centered around the team's success. Solid technique took precedence over personal style or accolades. It was exciting for the fan of that era.

Then the game got commercialized and here we are.

Not anymore.

Back when the game was played without helmets or with leather helmets, the mentality of the individual player was centered around the team's success. Solid technique took precedence over personal style or accolades. It was exciting for the fan of that era.

Then the game got commercialized and here we are.

And the money wasn't worth the risk unlike today

And the money wasn't worth the risk unlike today

The money came with the commercialization.

im sure someone would have proposed this by now and im clearly no scientist but wouldn't Nerf helmets help with concussions? Yes, I understand they wouldnt work well in the rain but im sure some sort of sealant could be put on them. And yes, I also understand that part if not most of the concussion issue is not hitting your head against something hard but rather the impact of brain hitting skull because of those collisions is that correct? But it always seemed to me that the padding inside helmets was too hard and the outer shell also too hard. Nerf helmets would absorb so much more shock both for head hitting ground or helmet to helmet contact. Maybe a layer of memory foam on the inside....

yes i am 100% serious

Ive said less "body armor" for years.

Just one example of this being wrong would be Jordy Nelson. (His broken ribs)

That being said, I pretty much agree with your statement.

im sure someone would have proposed this by now and im clearly no scientist but wouldn't Nerf helmets help with concussions? Yes, I understand they wouldnt work well in the rain but im sure some sort of sealant could be put on them. And yes, I also understand that part if not most of the concussion issue is not hitting your head against something hard but rather the impact of brain hitting skull because of those collisions is that correct? But it always seemed to me that the padding inside helmets was too hard and the outer shell also too hard. Nerf helmets would absorb so much more shock both for head hitting ground or helmet to helmet contact. Maybe a layer of memory foam on the inside....

yes i am 100% serious

And also 100% ghey :wave:

The only solution to less concussions is either less head protection or more pansy ass rules.