Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Are the eagles gonna make the playoffs this year ?

are you newbies secret internet lover ?

:P or the father of the kid ? :P

:)

Incorrect. Your original statement that "the Eagles had the waiting list after the stadium was built" was just flat out wrong. And the fact that Eagle fans don't travel well.

Because Eagle fans can be rowdy and inconsiderate, that makes them bad fans? Funny, but if the same thing were said about Pats' fans, they'd be called "passionate". Funny how that works.

Every fan base has a-holes, my man. Patriots included. Going around calling an opposing fanbase a-holes when one has their own fare share, well, you know where that's going.................

Umm. Yes, I said that the waiting list was after the new stadium AND they had the NFC Championship run. That waiting list (which is closer to 60k like other teams) is nice and large, but it did not happen overnight and it was not nearly as hard to get tickets prior to those NFC Championship teams. Same thing in NE. We have over 60k on the waiting list, but I am not going to pretend that the list has been there since 1994.

I never said that Iggles fans don't travel well. They do. I said that they don't behave well.

Iggles fans are not just rowdy and inconsiderate. They are idiots that act like the schoolhouse bullies. A bunch of poosays that talk a good game, but have nothing to back it up. If I see a Pats fan doing that in NE, I call them on it as well. It just does not happen that often.

I agree that we have our a-holes. I just have seen that the Eagle a-hole ratio is far greater than that of every other team where I have dealt with their fans (Pats included).

Umm. Yes, I said that the waiting list was after the new stadium AND they had the NFC Championship run. That waiting list (which is closer to 60k like other teams) is nice and large, but it did not happen overnight and it was not nearly as hard to get tickets prior to those NFC Championship teams. Same thing in NE. We have over 60k on the waiting list, but I am not going to pretend that the list has been there since 1994.

I never said that Iggles fans don't travel well. They do. I said that they don't behave well.

Iggles fans are not just rowdy and inconsiderate. They are idiots that act like the schoolhouse bullies. A bunch of poosays that talk a good game, but have nothing to back it up. If I see a Pats fan doing that in NE, I call them on it as well. It just does not happen that often.

I agree that we have our a-holes. I just have seen that the Eagle a-hole ratio is far greater than that of every other team where I have dealt with their fans (Pats included).

The waiting list existed way before the new stadium. Of course the popularity of the team is gonna increase the waiting list, and of course the waiting list will grow when a new stadium is built. You make is sound like the Eagles were never popular before Andy Reid got here. That's silly and very wrong.

It's YOUR OPINION that they don't behave well. It's MY OPINION that most of the Eagle fans are very passionate about the team, they're not gonna sit around and let the opposing fans get the best of them, and yes, they're gonna get on their team if they're not playing up to par.

As far as I'm concerned, all Patriot fans are pompous, obnoxious bandwagoneers. Obnoxious people in most people's book are a-holes.

If you want to split hairs, let's split hairs then.

Merry Christmas. :wub:

Philly fans originally got their "reputation" for booing Santa Clause. Whatever. I guess that's bad. I was too young to remember iot. eems kinda funny to me.

Another favorite that people like to point out is cheering when Michael Irvin injured his neck. People need to rewalize that we didn't know what was wrong with Irvin when we were cheering. We had laid out a long-time nemesis of the team. We were cheering.

Other than that, Eagle fans are like every other fan base in teh league. We are a passionate fanbase who thinks our team is better than it is when we're good, and bitches and complains too much when we're bad. We have a few knucklehead fans and 95% great and passionate ones. That can be said for the other 31 teams, too.

This argument is like a "my dad can beat up your dad" argument.

:wub:

I was too young for the Santa incident, and the story's been told countless times, but from what I was told by my father:

Eagles were bad at the time, and management was using different marketing events to drum up attendance. They had a Santa day, were dozens of Santa's were at a snow game. One of the Santa's was obviously drunk and making a fool out of himself. The Eagles were getting beat that day, the fans decided to take it out on the drunken Santa Claus.

That's it. Media outlets like ESPN make it out to be like the fans put Santa Claus up on a cross and whipped him. :wub:

:wub:

I was too young for the Santa incident, and the story's been told countless times, but from what I was told by my father:

Eagles were bad at the time, and management was using different marketing events to drum up attendance. They had a Santa day, were dozens of Santa's were at a snow game. One of the Santa's was obviously drunk and making a fool out of himself. The Eagles were getting beat that day, the fans decided to take it out on the drunken Santa Claus.

That's it. Media outlets like ESPN make it out to be like the fans put Santa Claus up on a cross and whipped him. :wub:

Also, from what I understand, it wasn't the real Santa. It was some guy in a Santa outfit.

:ninja:

That's it. Media outlets like ESPN make it out to be like the fans put Santa Claus up on a cross and whipped him. :dunno:

I always heard he was drunk, too. But, ESPN did a story onm this last year and interviewed the guy (who still lives in South Philly and remains an Eagles fan to this day). No mention of him being drunk, so I'm not sure if that's true or not. But, he did say he didn't blame the fans for throwing snowballs. They were really bad, it was freezing cold, and the team didn't shovel the stands so no one was in a cheerful mood. If he doesn't fault the Eagle faithful how can anyone else?

I always heard he was drunk, too. But, ESPN did a story onm this last year and interviewed the guy (who still lives in South Philly and remains an Eagles fan to this day). No mention of him being drunk, so I'm not sure if that's true or not. But, he did say he didn't blame the fans for throwing snowballs. They were really bad, it was freezing cold, and the team didn't shovel the stands so no one was in a cheerful mood. If he doesn't fault the Eagle faithful how can anyone else?

I always thought it was a funny story. He got his with snowballs, not beer bottles.

You have fans assaulting a first base coach in Chicago, fans launching half full beer bottles at the refs in Cleveland, basketball players fighting fans in the stands in Detroit, yet people want to focus on Philly fans and how bad we're supposed to be?

You know and I know that Philly does have it's fair share of drunken idiotic fans. But every fan base does. Yet people (or I should say New York media) want to solely single out and make fun of the Philly fans.

I should also add that the Philly media doesn't help, neither, because they will play to the passion of the fans in this town, get us all riled up over stories filled with half truths or blatent lies.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go mow down some of Santa's helpers with my SUV. :doublethumbsup:

If this board is an accurate representation of fan bases, then most obnoxious would rank as follows:

1. Pats

2. Swamp dog

3. Eagles circa 2002

|

|

|

|

4. Chiefs - aka Fuhner

If this board is an accurate representation of fan bases, then most obnoxious would rank as follows:

1. Pats

2. Swamp dog

3. Eagles circa 2002

|

|

|

|

4. Chiefs - aka Fuhner

Pretty accurate. I'd throw Cowboy fans in before Swampy, though.

They are definately on the rise but seem to be focused on eagle bashing mostly rather than affecting the whole board. :thumbsup:

I can't believe you looked for this!

Ive been pulling up drobeski posts all day. :doublethumbsup:

Sadly hes MIA.

I was rooting for the Eagles, don't ruin it. Act like you been there before, oh wait never-mind continue making an azz of yourself by running your mouth.

Mmm that was a post from 2007, maybe it's time to move on and not let it bother one self.