E-mail from Coinbase today:

Dear Coinbase Customer,

The User Activated Hard Fork (UAHF) is a proposal to increase the Bitcoin block size scheduled to activate on August 1. The UAHF is incompatible with the current Bitcoin ruleset and will create a separate blockchain. Should UAHF activate on August 1, Coinbase will not support the new blockchain or its associated coin.

The User Activated Soft Fork (UASF) is a proposal to adopt Segregated Witness on the Bitcoin blockchain and could result in network instability. It is scheduled to activate at the same time as the UAHF.

To ensure the safety of customers’ funds, we will temporarily suspend bitcoin deposits, withdrawals, and buy/sell starting approximately 4 hours before activation of either fork.

• If you currently have bitcoin in your Coinbase account, and do not wish to have access to UAHF coins or have immediate access to your bitcoin, you are not required to take any action.
  • If you wish to have access to UAHF coins or you wish to have immediate access to your bitcoin, you should send your bitcoin from Coinbase to your external address by July 31.

For more information on how to send bitcoin from your Coinbase account, please refer to this article: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/971437.

Thank you,

Coinbase Team

What's that mean in english?

To me it meant get my bitcoin the heck out of Coinbase. B)

Which I just did, I moved it to my Waves platform.

Question for 90sbaby - I bought BTC only to get Monkeyshares. With Segwit coming, followed soon after by the Monkey ICO, should I hold onto BTC, or should I convert it to Waves, and if so, when?

Question for 90sbaby - I bought BTC only to get Monkeyshares. With Segwit coming, followed soon after by the Monkey ICO, should I hold onto BTC, or should I convert it to Waves, and if so, when?

At least one of the following is true.

I am way out of touch.

This stuff is nothing but a scam.

You just typed a bunch of random letters.

Because that post is horsesh1t.

• Like 1

At least one of the following is true.

I am way out of touch.

This stuff is nothing but a scam.

You just typed a bunch of random letters.

Because that post is horsesh1t.

It was the random letters. I just wanted to join in. :(

• Like 1

I guess John McAfee has auto correct on his phone too.

He may. I know Whitewonder will be by to shoot down the opinion piece. Just saying.

He may. I know Whitewonder will be by to shoot down the opinion piece. Just saying.

I dn't shoot down all opinion pieces just guys who claim to be finance pros and link yahoo finance articles ;)

I'm out of all CC's right now. Made like $100 on my Eth. The ones I bought last week evened out the ones I bought at 300+.

May wait until after the 1st to see whats up.. buy Eth in the 150's.. sell 250+... you guys are right. This thing is up and down.. good time to skim a few grand.

I'm out of all CC's right now. Made like $100 on my Eth. The ones I bought last week evened out the ones I bought at 300+.

May wait until after the 1st to see whats up.. buy Eth in the 150's.. sell 250+... you guys are right. This thing is up and down.. good time to skim a few grand.

After taxes you'll net $89. Was it worth the angst of the volitility? If yes, great. Most would say no way.

Ouch, you are going to regret that in a few years.

Ouch, you are going to regret that in a few years.

Oh I'll be fine guy. My regrets in life have nothing to do with money. :lol:

Oh I'll be fine guy. My regrets in life have nothing to do with money. :lol:

Okay. I'm just trying to understand. You put in around $1,000 if I remember correctly and made $100. Thats 10% in less than a month. We are still in the early stages of CC's just seems like a foolish time to pull out especially when they are going to sky rocket after August 1st. Oh well.

Okay. I'm just trying to understand. You put in around $1,000 if I remember correctly and made $100. Thats 10% in less than a month. We are still in the early stages of CC's just seems like a foolish time to pull out especially when they are going to sky rocket after August 1st. Oh well.

We'll see how she goes.. it dips back under 180 I'll buy in again.

Okay so we see alias chiming in to be the local drip as usual telling mmbeer he makes 89 dollars. Anyone partaking in this discussion who doesn't know about long and short term cap gains tax shouldn't be investing anyway. Plus, as 90s baby pointed out, 1k investment in a month main 10% pre tax is not a bad thing.

What I will say to 90s baby is you can't advise people not to buy dips and sell peaks if you are actively advertising that you do it yourself. I understand you also hold a long position and have a better understand overall about CCs BUT that doesn't make "day trading" them any less viable for those with the means to do so.

-----------------------------------------

Finally what I really came in here to talk about was AMD.

Earnings report came put and looked great. Reports 2 cents gain per share versus the market consensus of 'break even' 0 per share. They beat revenue expectations as well and looking forward are estimating 15 or 16 percent year over year growth.

I just looked (been on vacay the past few days)and the stock was down 5 cents today but looks to be up .95-1.00 in after hours trading.

Congrats to anyone holding shares!

• Like 2

To me it meant get my bitcoin the heck out of Coinbase. B)

Which I just did, I moved it to my Waves platform.

To be honest I don't know what will happen, I am leaving some on Poloniex, some on Bittrex and some on Waves, as well as on an offline hard drive (none on Coinbase). There are so many possibilities. I am just keeping some on an offline hard drive so they aren't subjected to a hard or soft fork. Maybe they will become valuable like a "collectable coin". Comparable to having confederate money or something? Not sure. Lets wait and see, August 1st is going to be fun.

Okay so we see alias chiming in to be the local drip as usual telling mmbeer he makes 89 dollars. Anyone partaking in this discussion who doesn't know about long and short term cap gains tax shouldn't be investing anyway. Plus, as 90s baby pointed out, 1k investment in a month main 10% pre tax is not a bad thing.

What I will say to 90s baby is you can't advise people not to buy dips and sell peaks if you are actively advertising that you do it yourself. I understand you also hold a long position and have a better understand overall about CCs BUT that doesn't make "day trading" them any less viable for those with the means to do so.

-----------------------------------------

Finally what I really came in here to talk about was AMD.

Earnings report came put and looked great. Reports 2 cents gain per share versus the market consensus of 'break even' 0 per share. They beat revenue expectations as well and looking forward are estimating 15 or 16 percent year over year growth.

I just looked (been on vacay the past few days)and the stock was down 5 cents today but looks to be up .95-1.00 in after hours trading.

Congrats to anyone holding shares!

You are a bank teller. Hush.

AMD up 10%+ , if you bought any around when I mentioned it you are likely up 20-25%....

not going to pretend to know how high it will go from the earnings report momentum or when it will retract, so at this point anyone with shares just has to decide for themselves if they are happy with their gains or if they have done their due diligence and feel AMD is a long term play.

but its always nice when the bashers come out after a nice pop with headlines like

AMD's Crash Could Tally 70%, One Analyst Thinks

:lol:

This is probably somewhere else in this thread, anyone use E-Trade?

I actually don't think anyone has mentioned this. I use thinkorswim which is a platform by TD Ameritrade.

This is probably somewhere else in this thread, anyone use E-Trade?

I use sharebuilder which is capital one. Way back when i started investing it was ING if anyone remembers them. the big orange ball. I chose them back then because they offered like 6 months of free trades and their 7.99 per trade was one of, if not the cheapest at the time. After Cap One took over, now they are 6.95 per trade, i believe. I've never had any issue buying or selling or transferring funds and their customer service has always been good so I've had no reason to switch.

To be honest I don't know what will happen, I am leaving some on Poloniex, some on Bittrex and some on Waves, as well as on an offline hard drive (none on Coinbase). There are so many possibilities. I am just keeping some on an offline hard drive so they aren't subjected to a hard or soft fork. Maybe they will become valuable like a "collectable coin". Comparable to having confederate money or something? Not sure. Lets wait and see, August 1st is going to be fun.

Yeah, with the ICO now happening after the soft fork or whatever, I didn't want to keep my BTC just in case it crashed. (And just coincidentally, Waves now has an ETH wallet, so I won't need BTC.) So I moved it to Poloniex, and luckily it rose back up to higher than I bought it, so I sold it and actually made about $400. My plan now is to wait and see what happens on 8/1, and maybe have some fun trying to night-trade on Poloniex until then (ETH is way less volatile lately, but I made a cool $70 on it last night :D).

What makes sense to me is that leading up to 8/1, some people (like me) will get nervous about their BTC and either move it to an offline wallet, sell it, or trade it for other cryptos, so I would expect BTC to fall and ETH to rise. Then again I am completely clueless. :dunno:

• Like 1

Yeah, with the ICO now happening after the soft fork or whatever, I didn't want to keep my BTC just in case it crashed. (And just coincidentally, Waves now has an ETH wallet, so I won't need BTC.) So I moved it to Poloniex, and luckily it rose back up to higher than I bought it, so I sold it and actually made about $400. My plan now is to wait and see what happens on 8/1, and maybe have some fun trying to night-trade on Poloniex until then (ETH is way less volatile lately, but I made a cool $70 on it last night :D).

What makes sense to me is that leading up to 8/1, some people (like me) will get nervous about their BTC and either move it to an offline wallet, sell it, or trade it for other cryptos, so I would expect BTC to fall and ETH to rise. Then again I am completely clueless. :dunno:

I know you are half joking and not to sound like the fake financial adviser guy but you shouldn't be jumping into this stuff "completely clueless". You do need to do some due diligence, which i'm sure you have but perhaps the best play for you is to simply invest in the "majors", BTC, ETH, LTC and not get caught up in ICO's and different wallets and all that convoluted stuff? That;s my plan if I ever decide to pick up any ether.

I know you are half joking and not to sound like the fake financial adviser guy but you shouldn't be jumping into this stuff "completely clueless". You do need to do some due diligence, which i'm sure you have but perhaps the best play for you is to simply invest in the "majors", BTC, ETH, LTC and not get caught up in ICO's and different wallets and all that convoluted stuff? That;s my plan if I ever decide to pick up any ether.

Sound advice. ;)

Really thought we'd see a drop in BTC leading up to this, or at least a drop in volume, but so far it seems to be business as usual. :dunno:

Is there a specific time this is scheduled for on the 1st? Or is it more like, if it happens, we'll find out about it afterwards.

Really thought we'd see a drop in BTC leading up to this, or at least a drop in volume, but so far it seems to be business as usual. :dunno:

Is there a specific time this is scheduled for on the 1st? Or is it more like, if it happens, we'll find out about it afterwards.

I thought so too. But I still think August is going to be a very volatile month (more than usual).

No one knows, but I think it will be in the middle of the night.

Mookz any update on your BTC?

Oh, I sold that a couple of weeks ago, as soon as it went higher than I paid. I never wanted BTC, it was just so that I could get in on the Monkey ICO (and BTC is no longer needed for that because Waves added an ETH wallet). I didn't want any part of the split. Although it doesn't look like it's affected things too much so far. No BTC crash or anything. What I am kicking myself for is not going with my gut and getting in on more ETH yesterday, could have sold that today for a very nice gain. :mad:

At $220 I'm not sure if it's too late to get in on the upswing.

Oh, I sold that a couple of weeks ago, as soon as it went higher than I paid. I never wanted BTC, it was just so that I could get in on the Monkey ICO (and BTC is no longer needed for that because Waves added an ETH wallet). I didn't want any part of the split. Although it doesn't look like it's affected things too much so far. No BTC crash or anything. What I am kicking myself for is not going with my gut and getting in on more ETH yesterday, could have sold that today for a very nice gain. :mad:

At $220 I'm not sure if it's too late to get in on the upswing.

You won't start noticing the effects of the split until tomorrow from my understanding. I personally think this is where ETH will become the clear leader in the crypto market.

One thing I need to be better at with my trading is... for example with AMD.... realizing I have a 5k gain and the stock has hit a 52 week high and in should sell and wait for the retract and buy back in at a lower price point. I'm still "long" ADP of course but I need to be better at playing the game

Not trying to time the market really but a 52 week high in this sector usually sees a pullback after.

Nothing like making a few grand while you sleep. BTC at an all time high!

ETH up, LTC up, BTC up + almost every altcoin is up. :doublethumbsup:

----

Where is Alias today?