Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Hippies kids kids

I'm assuming most born in the 60's are starting to have grandkids. Are the hippies and their kin to blame for the pussification of America's youth?

I'm assuming most born in the 60's are starting to have grandkids. Are the hippies and their kin to blame for the pussification of America's youth?

I think you are to blame

so I am a hippies kid, my parents protested and did all that in the 60's and 70's, by the time I was 4 I was attending NORML rallies (pro pot). By the time I was 7 I was idolizing Micheal J Fox, as Alex P Keaton, the conservative in the liberal loon house.

I rebelled in a completely opposite direction. So as my self as an example my son is not part of that he wont be raised a snowflake, if he goes on his own direction, thats his choice

i think hippies actually spend more time and love with their children and are better parents.

rich parents often send there kids to daycare so they can drink peacefully at home, and then send them to the doc for opiates when they start acting up out of neglect.

so I am a hippies kid, my parents protested and did all that ###### in the 60's and 70's, by the time I was 4 I was attending NORML rallies (pro pot). By the time I was 7 I was idolizing Micheal J Fox, as Alex P Keaton, the conservative in the liberal loon house.

I rebelled in a completely opposite direction. So as my self as an example my son is not part of that he wont be raised a snowflake, if he goes on his own direction, thats his choice

It isn't not you, it's your aged kids and their children who are the pussies. ;)

Apparently snap chat has a new app called snap address or something like that. It shows where you are somehow. Anyway, one mother was asked if she was concerned about "bad intentioned people" harming her child. She responded "No, but if her son saw a group of friends together without him it would hurt his feelings. I damn near puked.

Apparently snap chat has a new app called snap address or something like that. It shows where you are somehow. Anyway, one mother was asked if she was concerned about "bad intentioned people" harming her child. She responded "No, but if her son saw a group of friends together without him it would hurt his feelings. I damn near puked.

God social media blows.

As I post on a low traffic bulletin board

what?

you said hippies kids kids, which would mean my son

Don't be such a snowflake

he prob means grew up in the 60's

my parents were born in 47 and 52

Yeah, that would make more sense. But, hippies really didn't come about until the late 60s, and I would say most hippies had kids in the 70s. That's certainly been my observation. But yeah, those kids now have kids generally in the pre-teen/teen years.

I was born in '64, and my parents were the furthest thing from hippies. They were born in '24 and '27, and were devout Catholics. My father used to listen to Classical music. Although strangely, he also liked Joan Baez, and my parents would always watch Peter, Paul and Mary concerts on PBS. Maybe they were closet hippies 🤔

It is ironic that the "greatest generation" were sh!t-ass parents.

Not all, but a lot.

Not all, but a lot.

The Greatest Generation is a term made popular by journalist Tom Brokaw to describe the generation who grew up in the United States during the deprivation of the Great Depression, and then went on to fight in World War II, as well as those whose productivity within the war's home front made a decisive material contribution to the war effort, for which the generation is also termed the G.I. Generation.

Not all, but a lot.

Fuuk you.

. They were the last generation of parents who didn't think their kids need a f****** full suit of armor to ride a f****** bicycle.

The Greatest Generation is a term made popular by journalist Tom Brokaw to describe the generation who grew up in the United States during the deprivation of the Great Depression, and then went on to fight in World War II, as well as those whose productivity within the war's home front made a decisive material contribution to the war effort, for which the generation is also termed the G.I. Generation.

Yes, and they raised the Baby Boomers...which is my point.

Think about it, it has nothing to do with parenting. The Baby Boomers were the first generation to be raised in a TV environment and were the beginning of our Socially Engineered Society. Video and audio stimulus was being pumped into their homes, seven days a week, trying to instill the values and beliefs of a few powerful men. As the Government destroyed the family unit the TV became increasingly important in the lives of Generations -x and y. Generation by generation the TV was reaching more people and indoctrination tactics have improved. Now we are raising the first Internet Generation; it will be interesting to see if our current tread continues.

TV does not reflect society, society reflects TV!