Photo

Report: Ohio University considers minorities-only gym...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 posty

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,358 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

https://www.thecolle...nly-gym-report/

Ohio University leaders are reportedly considering the creation of a workout room that would be designated for minority students.

Its one of at least three ideas proposed by a campus diversity leader as she and student leaders brainstorm plans to redevelop a portion of largely unused racquetball courts at the private institution.

Gigi Secuban, who took the helm over the summer as the universitys first-ever vice president of diversity and inclusion, reportedly made the suggestion at a recent student senate meeting.

Secuban mentioned a plan to turn one of the racquetball courts at Ping Recreation Center into a private workout room for minorities, sexual assault survivors, or people with special religious accommodations, The New Political student news outlet reported.

Not a lot of people play racquetball, so theres tons of racquetball space, so its one of those places were going to recondition, Secuban said.

The Ping Recreation Center currently has seven racquetball courts, according to its website.

Asked specifically by The College Fix about whether or not the university is considering creating a private workout room for minorities, sexual assault survivors, or people with special religious accommodations, a campus spokesperson would not confirm or deny any plans or proposals.

University administration has partnered with Graduate Student Senate to develop a plan that will maximize use of under-utilized space while creating opportunity to better serve all populations of students, Carly Leatherwood, senior director of communications services at OU, told The Fix in an email.

We anticipate a short-term solution will be implemented by Spring semester 2019 in response to students request.

The Office for Diversity and Inclusion did not respond to an email inquiry asking about the proposed workout room and whether or not students not included in the specified identity groups would be allowed to use the room.

Earlier this year, Stanford University began offering a womens only training to try to make its fitness center more inclusive. Administrators cited female students who didnt feel comfortable in large gym spaces, The Fix reported at the time.

However, economist Mark Perry and a male student filed a civil rights complaint, asking how excluding half of the campus from a university facility for four hours per week is celebrated as advancing inclusivity?

A Stanford spokesman told The Fix at the time that after Stanford received a complaint from one male student the recreation department decided to open up the same space for an equal number of hours focusing on weight lifting for men.

#2 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,954 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:53 AM

They ought to consider segregated bathrooms, water fountains, and bus seating as well.

There's nothing more exhilarating than to be fired upon without effect. - Winston Churchill 

#3 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 69,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

I want to go to the special place for rape survivors alone. That would be great. Just stand outside the door and leer at them.

I mean, you know they put out.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#4 KSB2424

KSB2424

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,293 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

in·clu·sion
/inˈklo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: inclusion
the action or state of including or of being included within a group or structure.

di·ver·si·ty
/dəˈvərsədē,dīˈvərsədē/
noun
noun: diversity
the state of being diverse; variety.

Am I missing something?  :unsure:

Disclaimer: I have no focking idea what I'm talking about.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." – Albert Einstein

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

***2018 EdEx Cup Champion***

#5 seafoam1

seafoam1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

"special religious accommodations," ??

What do they need, special exercise machines that allow a person to kneel throughout their workouts? A holy water drinking fountain?

This is perfect, then they can start funding white only areas. Al Sharpton would love that. Great solutions by these people.

#6 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

Just judging from college basketball and I thought they already were.  :dunno:

It's been a bad year. My old favorite restaurant closed down, and my new favorite restaurant sucks.

#7 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,970 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

They are literally segregating themselves. What a bunch of retards. MLK would be proud!

#8 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,970 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:38 PM

It's going to be full of free weights with a bunch of mismatched pairs and sandbags. 

#9 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,618 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

Fascinating.   Civil Rights have really come full circle. 

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#10 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,129 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

Many of those minority types fit into the "hourglass" shaped body description. . Get them in the gym any way you can.

#11 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,458 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:48 PM

Am I missing something?  :unsure:

Nope.

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#12 My Negro!

My Negro!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:53 PM

I love it!!   But aint no black people playing racquetball..need more black only hoops areas. 

#13 seafoam1

seafoam1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:55 PM

Raquetball courts are pretty small. Stinky.

#14 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,347 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

Sexual assault survivors is a stupid term. It implies lots of people die of sexual assault.

#15 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 69,183 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

Sexual assault survivors is a stupid term. It implies lots of people die of sexual assault.

They tried involuntary sex providers.

But the wives had already copyrighted it.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#16 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,129 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

Imagine the fights that will break out.

#17 BunnysBastatrds

BunnysBastatrds

FF Geek

• Members
  • 24,631 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

Another plus for whitey. D!ck comparison is eliminated.

All my flavors are guranteed to satisfy.

#18 nospk

nospk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

Seems like racquetball players are already in the minority, so just leave it as is

#19 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,347 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

How about shut down the enormous gym entirely and slash tuition. Then those who want to use a gym have money to do so, those who dont can use their money for what they wish.

#20 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 36,129 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:13 PM

How about shut down the enormous gym entirely and slash tuition. Then those who want to use a gym have money to do so, those who dont can use their money for what they wish.

That's not how it works in the land of the free.

#21 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,954 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:16 PM

That's not how it works in the land of the 'free'.

fixed

There's nothing more exhilarating than to be fired upon without effect. - Winston Churchill 

#22 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,618 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:06 AM

College used to be for expanding your understanding.  To get a more global perspective, something beyond the limited exposure you might have just from reading books, or newspaper, or hear from those around you....that limited set of perspectives you might find in close friends or groups of similar interest.  And also to challenge your own views, as well as those of others, so as to arrive at critical thinking skills....

If these people think that carving people up, sectioning them off, to allow them to hide from all this so they can feel "safe" is going to help them, that is a sad state of affairs.  Those kids who do face challenges are going to surpass them later in the competitive world.

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington