Sign in to follow this  
Mile High Magic

Sell High On Henry

If he gives you Dalvin for Murray.... LOL.

I own Murray and I'd laugh in your face. Why would I trade a workhorse, for a guy who is in a timeshare, at best, unless Murray lands on IR?

• Like 1

Didn't say he would take it. He will probably laugh as well but worth a shot. After posting good numbers this week and Murray coming out offering a trade like this at an opportune time seems prudent.

Didn't say he would take it. He will probably laugh as well but worth a shot. After posting good numbers this week and Murray coming out offering a trade like this at an opportune time seems prudent.

By all means, man. Not trolling you, and I think if you added another piece... he might bite. Never know till you try.

Such extreme low-ball initial offers are rarely productive. Generally, the other party is so offended, they break off future negotiations. A true deal maker, one that actually wants to make a productive trade and not just take advantage of someone, comes out with a fair, if not lower offer than they'd prefer. Maybe the other party takes it. More likely, they ask for more. But, if they're open to trade, at least now they're engaged and not insulted. Offer a trade you'd accept or don't expect anyone to accept what you offer, or even talk with you.

• Like 1

Better to ask him what he would offer for Henry. Get a baseline of his insecurity of what he thinks of Murray. I would never give cook for Henry.....

Through 2 games Cook has gone 34/191/0 rushing and 5/10/0 receiving.

He's got the look of a solid rb2 provided Bradford comes back soon. If not teams are going to stack the box because Case Keenum is not a good qb.

Henry has the better qb, oline and skill position players. With only Murray in the way (and likely gone next year) I think Henry is the better prospect.

People forget what a beast Henry really is. 6'4", 237lbs running 4.54.

Cook *might* score more this year due to volume, but Henry is the better dynasty hold imo.

Note: I don't own either.

Ppr I would go get Cook.

Non ppr I wouldn't give up Henry for Cook.

If he gives you Dalvin for Murray.... LOL.

I own Murray and I'd laugh in your face. Why would I trade a workhorse, for a guy who is in a timeshare, at best, unless Murray lands on IR?

It was Cook for Henry.

I've got Henry but not Murray.

I'm holding. Someone would really have to blow me away with an offer. Seems like the kind of guy that could win you your league if everything goes right

• Like 1

I've got Henry but not Murray.

I'm holding. Someone would really have to blow me away with an offer. Seems like the kind of guy that could win you your league if everything goes right

agree Henry is like a throwback to Larry Johnson, you drafted him to wait for Priest to get hurt, then CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

May be selling Henry. Panic Meter article made a ton of sense to me. Murray isn't just going away and Henry isn't considered much in the passing game.

Who do you think you might be able to get in a trade for Henry in your league.

I'm asking to see what type of value he has at this time?m

Thanks for the reply.

A slap in the face of his intelligence is worth a shot?

Who do you think you might be able to get in a trade for Henry in your league.

I'm asking to see what type of value he has at this time?m

Thanks for the reply.

Mine is currently on the little help board

I traded Henry and Coleman, two Lottery tickets that could be top 5 RBs if the starter gets hurt or could be backups all year, for I Crowell and D Martin. Both should be 15-20 type guys, but Crowell has sucked so far with limited opportunities and Martin is suspended. Both have PPR vultures on there teams, but both start whereas Henry and Coleman do not.

I'm mixed on it, but two starters for two backups is OK with me. I didn't mind the roster spots for such potential, but I'm OK having the more sure things too.

Murray missed practice again today (Thursday).

Henry will not take off like some of you are thinking unless Murray gets hurt. Worst case they will split.

Guess it's just going to be a gut feeling for everyone. I'm seeing in forums on Twitter conflicting opinions nonstop. Some are saying to do what you can to buy him yet others are saying to sell him because he's not as good as you may think. Just a lot of noise so far.

I would say you'd be selling low. His price will only go up, and no one will be able to afford him soon. Hold Henry. He has a great o-line, and lots of talent around him. He is the goal line back as a floor, and his ceiling is huge if Murray stays out, or if Henry just passes him up.

I'm fishing for Henry in the one league with the Keenan Allen owner who has Henry. Offered him Chris Carson and Tyrell Williams for Henry. I think even that's a low ball offer

i guess murray was healthier than we thought. so, i suppose it is clear that Henry is definitely #2 (and not a 1b) in that offense?

Titans coach Mike Mularkey expects Henry (thigh) to be ready for Week 4 in Houston, Jason Wolf of The Tennessean reports.

Spin:

Henry played with a bruised thigh in Sunday's 33-27 win over Seattle, taking 13 carries for 54 yards and adding one catch for 10 yards. He was out-snapped 48 to 30 by DeMarco Murray, who had 14 carries for 115 yards and a touchdown. While Henry's thigh doesn't seem like a major concern, Murray's ability to rapidly overcome his own hamstring injury could limit the Heisman winner to a complementary role in the coming weeks.

-Rotowire

Looks like Henry was a little dinged as well; he is listed as Q this week in my ESPN league. And take away that 75 yard run and Murray had a worse day. But I guess you can argue that 75 yard runs count, and you can't get one if you are on the bench, so... Murray it is until further notice.

Looks like Henry was a little dinged as well; he is listed as Q this week in my ESPN league. And take away that 75 yard run and Murray had a worse day. But I guess you can argue that 75 yard runs count, and you can't get one if you are on the bench, so... Murray it is until further notice.

If you throw out Murray's 75 yard run, you also throw out Henry's 25 yard run........which would leave him with 12 carries for 29 yards. Pretty ugly.

• Like 1

If you throw out Murray's 75 yard run, you also throw out Henry's 25 yard run........which would leave him with 12 carries for 29 yards. Pretty ugly.

Why am I not surprised that Jerry does his math with only half of the equation. :)

I admit I haven't seen Henry much since college since I don't watch Tennessee games. Is he a plodder?

No one watches Tennessee games, but a lot of people watch Alabama. He was good enough in college to win the Heisman. Although, that's a little easier when you run behind an Alabama O-line which usually has at least three or four early round selections on it, which I think even makes it hard for NFL scouts to project how good Alabama running backs are (they've produced a lot of first and second round runinng backs, with Lacy and Ingram being the success stories.) He looks big, and quick for his size, but I think lacks elusiveness. The love for him on this board makes him over hyped in my opinion. Murray isn't what he once was, and Henry still seems to be unable to take the job from him.