Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What was ruined when it became popular

Telephone customer service

There was a sweet spot somewhere in the 90's but now, it's let's try to figure out the right number combination to press so I can speak to a live person.

How depressing is it when you know you're talking to someone in India?

At least if you're talking to someone in India, you'e back to talking to someone. It use to be push buttons until they were kind enough to hang up on you rather, if you were unlucky, than kept you in a button pushing loop forever until you give up on your own.

Fake outrage

iPhones

Coffee/beer snobs

Instant Replay

Emotional Support Animals

Bluetooth earpieces

• Like 1

Rap Music

Some things were ruined in the cradel.

Geek Club

When did this place become popular?

I feel like I missed out on the wild west days here. I spent my formative message board years tiptoeing around a soy farm.

When did this place become popular?

The day Apu broke the news globally on Michael Jordan's affair with Phil Mickelson's wife, Amy.

FFToday Geek Club: your source for accurate, up-to-the-minute celebrity news.

The day Apu broke the news globally on Michael Jordan's affair with Phil Mickelson's wife, Amy.

Voltaire knows things

MTV

That was born popular.

It started to suck when I got back from the Army in Germany in 1992. WTF happened to good music?

At least if you're talking to someone in India, you'e back to talking to someone. It use to be push buttons until they were kind enough to hang up on you rather, if you were unlucky, than kept you in a button pushing loop forever until you give up on your own.

Usually repeatedly pressing 0 gets you a live person, or silence on the voice activated services.

Food trucks.

As one who dined at one regularly for years, once the hipsters got them, they became their own antithesis;

Rather than serving accessible quick comforting inexpensive food conveniently,

They became the place where you stood in line in puddles of drying urine for 40 minutes to pay $17 For a couple of small fun 'plays' on Korean street tacos with a house made pickled kimchi garnee.

All the expense and pretense of a sit-down hipster room with all of the charm and elegance of a back alley drug den.

• Like 1

Food trucks.

As one who dined at one regularly for years, once the hipsters got them, they became their own antithesis;

Rather than serving accessible quick comforting inexpensive food conveniently,

They became the place where you stood in line in puddles of drying urine for 40 minutes to pay $17 For a couple of small fun 'plays' on Korean street tacos with a house made pickled kimchi garnee.

All the expense and pretense of a sit-down hipster room with all of the charm and elegance of a back alley drug den.

Nah. Those actually got better. Back once the day, food trucks were horrible and didnt have health regulations. Nowadays, they are cleaner than your average kitchen and a lot of upstart chefs prefer to own one cause its cheaper than getting an actual restaurant. Ive found food trucks to provide better tasting food than most restaurants

MTV

I was gonna put this one but it went down so long ago I didn't think anyone would remember when it was good. MTV died in the early 2000's late 90's.

Politeness and common courtesy

Labor unions

Liberal Arts degrees

Invading Islamic sh1tholes / nation building

Gay rights

The Enlightenment

Stud Running Back theory

• Like 1

Princes music

Howard Stern

Damn it! That was one of the first things I thought of but decided not to because I haven't listened to him in years. Perhaps he's still funny?

Damn it! That was one of the first things I thought of but decided not to because I haven't listened to him in years. Perhaps he's still funny?

A few weeks ago I caught his show and he had Cheech & Chong on,I laughed numerous times.

He is still funny, but access is not easy. When I was in Jr. High, he was on here in DC. He changed everything.

Chicken Wings. Still love them, but they went from 35 cents a pound to $4.

I heard he had a falling out with a lot of his old crew, a lot of the regulars don't have access to his show anymore. It's hard to keep track of what's going on overseas and I can't tell if it's an upgrade or a downgrade, but I did like the old show so I don't see how you improve it by getting rid of Gilbert and Artie and others.

Handcuffing (ff)

But then again, FF in general.

It's still good, but I was a huge fan of rooster sauce long before the hipsters found it. Like I said, it's still good, but if I see one more motherfuker trying to sell me Sriracha Ginger ice cream I'm going to stab them in the ear hole.

Fantasy Football is the obvious number one choice here.

Man it was so cool back when Grandma and Uncle Jim had no clue WTF it was. Now they ask me WSIS questions over Thanksgiving. Gah. I'm out.

Fantasy Football is the obvious number one choice here.

Man it was so cool back when Grandma and Uncle Jim had no clue WTF it was. Now they ask me WSIS questions over Thanksgiving. Gah. I'm out.

Yup

California

Miley Cyrus's vag.