Sign in to follow this  
siberianex

Keepers Issue

Hi,

I have a league where we keep players from previous year that we drafted after round 8.

So here is what I did. I inputted the keepers for all teams in the keepers tab and saved the spreadsheet.

I then went to the action tab and reset keepers and draft order and picks to "NO".

Here is the problem, when I go to the draft report tab, I dont see those keepers drafted for the rounds that I kept them for.

I then tried to manually enter those keeper picks in the draft report, but they do not appear in any of the available player lists.

How can I get the keepers appear on the draft report tab?

I hope you were able to understand this!

Hi siberianex. Did you have the option on the rules tab "keepers cost a draft pick" set to yes or no prior to hitting Compile Cheatsheets? It sounds like keepers do cost a draft pick, in which case that option should be set to yes. Then do this:

1. Leave the reset keepers option as no, but change reset draft order to yes. Hit Compile Cheatsheets.

2. Go to the keepers tab and select the draft pick given up for each player. Or, even if already selected, select it again in the same spot. The player should then copy to the draft report tab beside that pick, and mark him off the cheatsheets.

3. Now go to the action tab and change reset draft order to no.

That do it?

Hi siberianex. Did you have the option on the rules tab "keepers cost a draft pick" set to yes or no prior to hitting Compile Cheatsheets? It sounds like keepers do cost a draft pick, in which case that option should be set to yes. Then do this:

1. Leave the reset keepers option as no, but change reset draft order to yes. Hit Compile Cheatsheets.

2. Go to the keepers tab and select the draft pick given up for each player. Or, even if already selected, select it again in the same spot. The player should then copy to the draft report tab beside that pick, and mark him off the cheatsheets.

3. Now go to the action tab and change reset draft order to no.

That do it?

No That did not do it.

Basically, it costs nothing to have a keeper from last year. Let me give you an example. We can keep one player per team for any player drafted after the 8th round.

So Last year, I drafted AJ Green in the 11th round and chose to keep him for this year which means, instead of me picking a player in the 11th round, I would just get AJ Green in the 11th round this year.

I would say that is costing you something to keep the player. You need to give up your 11th round pick this year to keep him. So ultimately we want Green occupying your 11th round pick on the draft report tab.