Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Autopsy confirms Virginia woman was mauled to death by her own pit bulls

https://www.yahoo.com/news/autopsy-confirms-virginia-woman-mauled-154251458.html

An autopsy has confirmed that a Virginia woman believed to have been mauled to death by her own pit bulls in December did indeed die from "trauma due to mauling by animals."
Goochland County Sheriff Jim Agnew said on Tuesday that the investigation into the death of 22-year-old Bethany Lynn Stephens has been closed in light of her autopsy results.
“The medical examiner’s report substantiated what we observed," said Sheriff Agnew. "I hope that the family can get some peace now. There are going to be those who aren’t going to believe and pick apart all the things that we’ve done, and that’s their prerogative, but unless somebody steps forward with some really strong evidence, we've closed this."
Stephens was found dead in the woods in Goochland County, Virginia, by her father on Dec. 14 at around 8 p.m.
After failing to hear from his daughter that night, the concerned parent called 911 and then went looking for her in an area where she often walked her two dogs, Pac-Man and Tonka.
Stephens's father eventually discovered his daughter's mangled body, which he said was being aggressively "guarded" by the two pit bulls.
Sheriff Agnew said that once officers arrived at the scene, they spent over an hour trying to capture the large pit bulls, which were believed to both weigh as much as their 5-foot-1, 125-pound owner.
Stephens' body was then taken to a medical examiner's office, where the gruesome details of the attack came to light.
"The first traumatic injury to her was to her throat and face," Sheriff Agnew said after reviewing the medical examiner's initial report. "It appears she was taken to the ground, lost consciousness, and the dogs then mauled her to death."
"The victim had defensive wounds on her hands and arms trying to keep the dogs away from her, which would be consistent with being attacked while she was still alive."
The medical examiner's final report, released on Feb. 20, confirmed their initial beliefs.
"Overall, the combination of wounds is consistent with the mauling by an animal or animals, possibly dogs," the report says. "Additionally, there was evidence of extensive postmortem animal predation at the face, torso and arms."
The report says no drugs or alcohol were found in Stephens' system and that there was no evidence of a gunshot, strangulation or any other kind of attack.
"Stephens was not raped, and this was not a homicide," the report declares.
The Sheriff’s Office said one of the dogs had a history of aggression and had snapped at a previous owner. Both animals were euthanized with the permission of Stephens' family following the attack.
"It was an absolutely grisly mauling," Sheriff Agnew said. "In my 40 years of law enforcement, I've never seen anything quite like it. I hope I never see anything like it again."

:wave:

Im shocked to see a pit bull owner with a rebel flag on her wall.

Same with the sign that said, "you will have to pry this pit bull out of my cold, dead hands"

Isn't that the Norwegian flag? :doh:

• Like 2

51, 122 lbs and 22 years old? What a tragedy :(

Though given her choice of dogs, I imagine she was a filthy used up tramp. But still.

51, 122 lbs and 22 years old? What a tragedy :(

Though given her choice of dogs, I imagine she was a filthy used up tramp. But still.

Her face does have the look of a chick whos been dragged around a bit.

Checks out. South of the Mason Dixon line

• Like 1

Guns and pit bulls, the American staple. “I know my RAIGHTS! I HAVE RAAIGHTS!

autopsy revealed that the pit bulls pulled out some AR 15s and just started shooting. despite their history of violence, they were still able to purchase the guns.

• Like 1

autopsy revealed that the pit bulls pulled out some AR 15s and just started shooting. despite their history of violence, they were still able to purchase the guns.

I blame the owner.

• Like 1

There are actually multiple cases where dogs have shot people with guns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/10/27/a-dog-shoots-a-person-almost-every-year-in-america/?utm_term=.39402a8864d6

Figured there would be a Skynyrd poster as well :bandana:

Ronnie seemed to be anti-hand gun, but pro southern rebel. Interesting line he straddled there.

I wonder what sorta response Sat Night Special gets when they play it live today, if they even dare.

Ronnie seemed to be anti-hand gun, but pro southern rebel. Interesting line he straddled there.

I wonder what sorta response Sat Night Special gets when they play it live today, if they even dare.

SNS is tame compared to some of the rap lyrics out there

In the summer of 1964, teenage friends Ronnie Van Zant, Bob Burns, Allen Collins, Gary Rossington, and Larry Junstrom formed the earliest incarnation of the band in Jacksonville, Florida as My Backyard. The band then changed its name to The Noble Five.[5] The band used different names before using One Percent during 1968.[5]

Leonard Skinner was a physical education instructor at Robert E. Lee High School in Jacksonville, Florida known for his strict enforcement of the school's hair code

In 1969, Van Zant sought a new name. The group settled on Leonard Skinnerd, a mocking tribute to physical education teacher Leonard Skinner at Robert E. Lee High School.[6] Skinner was notorious for strictly enforcing the school's policy against boys having long hair.[7]

I was aware of how the name Lynyrd Skynyrd came to be but not the first part you posted.

SNS is tame compared to some of the rap lyrics out there

I was thinking more along the lines of how a mostly redneck audience reacts to a song about doing away with all handguns.

I was thinking more along the lines of how a mostly redneck audience reacts to a song about doing away with all handguns.

Good point but then again I'd assume most rednecks probably have no clue wtf it's about.

They were fighting dogs.

^Hadn't heard that. When the story first broke reports said she had left her dogs in the care of her dad and just got back to them. They had apparently been cooped up for quite a while. I wonder if he never let them out.