Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Any of you collect things or have something that's worth a lot of money?

I agree. The adults who hound sports stars for autographs are real creeps.

There's a difference between asking for an autograph and hounding someone for it. Cause I have no problem going to ask an athlete for their autograph. But if they say no then that's the end of it. I'm not going to keep insisting and bugging the sh1t out of them.

Anyone collect beer cans as a kid? I had over 1000cans at one point lol

I did that when I was 12. I can't remember how many I had but I sold them to another kid for $100.00. At that time, that was a huge score.

Fishing rods. I think I have 30+.

All I need are 2 more offshore spinning rods, 1 more good jetty setup, 2 electric setups for deep dropping, and maybe a 10 weight fly rod. Then my collection will be complete for 2017.

i collected baseball card when i was about 10 (early 80s) a few decent rookie cards, but meh. when i got older i gave them to my little brother who was much more serious about it.

The items that i collect are not cheap, but i would not considered them grandiose (not a collection). I buy a few things on trips (wine opener from burgundy, masks and tapestries from italy, steins and nutcrackers from germany, austria, switzerland, clocks, art, watches.

i will hold certain wines for a little time.... but i like to drink them.

I have a few signed and numbered Blue Dog prints. And a ton of Waterford Crystal pieces. A friend and I bought a few Egyptian rugs and tapestries that were great items.

And used scratchy sniff panties I collected after each heavy metal I made sing a Scorpions ballad in the waste plant in fat city.

who was that weirdo who couldnt get over the fact someone paid me $100 dollars for a shivan dragon when I was in the 6th or 7th grade :lol:

i suppose i have a collection of silver coins. mostly paid nothing for them.

maybe 120 or so pre 1964 quarters

maybe 20 dimes

maybe 30 90% halves and maybe another 30 of the 40% halves

i collected baseball card when i was about 10 (early 80s) a few decent rookie cards, but meh. when i got older i gave them to my little brother who was much more serious about it.

The items that i collect are not cheap, but i would not considered them grandiose (not a collection). I buy a few things on trips (wine opener from burgundy, masks and tapestries from italy, steins and nutcrackers from germany, austria, switzerland, clocks, art, watches.

i will hold certain wines for a little time.... but i like to drink them.

Yeah, I do that too. I buy one peice of nice bric a brac from each trip or country.

I wanted to do bladed weapons. Like a samurai sword from Japan, a ghurka knife from Nepal, a kris from Malaysia.

But it's a pita to get that sh!t through customs, especially in china. So instead I mainly have statues. Various gods mostly.

• Like 1

who was that weirdo who couldnt get over the fact someone paid me $100 dollars for a shivan dragon when I was in the 6th or 7th grade :lol:

Ha...I remember that :D

Now if it was an Alpha Shivan, you got burned

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shivan-Dragon-Alpha-MTG-BGS-9-5-Population-1-of-6-/162436411987?hash=item25d1f6f253:g:r~wAAOSwol5YzYQM

No it was not even beta.. was there beta? It was probably 3rd edition or something

I think it was something like this

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Unlimited-Shivan-Dragon-SLIGHT-PLAY-SP-MAGIC-/371901618702?hash=item5697105a0e%3Ag%3AtxwAAOSwWxNY1S7U&_trkparms=pageci%253A4b10938b-1323-11e7-8827-74dbd18046dd%257Cparentrq%253A113bfeaa15b0a60cf3ec733ffff676d8%257Ciid%253A2

I just found it funny how insulted that guy was that someone might have over paid for something 15 + years ago and that I would lie abut a hundred dollars :D

No it was not even beta.. was there beta? It was probably 3rd edition or something

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Unlimited-Shivan-Dragon-SLIGHT-PLAY-SP-MAGIC-/371901618702?hash=item5697105a0e%3Ag%3AtxwAAOSwWxNY1S7U&_trkparms=pageci%253A4b10938b-1323-11e7-8827-74dbd18046dd%257Cparentrq%253A113bfeaa15b0a60cf3ec733ffff676d8%257Ciid%253A2

I just found it funny how insulted that guy was that someone might have over paid for something 15 + years ago and that I would lie abut a hundred dollars :D

Where would you find people to sell these cards to? I have first edition rare Pokémon cards from when I was young that I had collected. I have a ton of rare cards apparently. I want to get rid of them and sell them cause I have 4 cards that I saw were worth $8000 and multiple other cards that are $500-$2000 a piece. So I want to get rid of them and collect on this. Know of where I can sell them?

woah :shocking:

It's me and You didn't. You are lying. I have laid out my iron clad case to prove this multiple times and you are a clown.

I'll recap for the uninitiated.

1. WW shivan was a revised edition shivan. At the time of its highest value it's was worth no more than 15-20, this was commonly known among collectors. It was at the high end for value of the set as the cards did not have the big time collector markups they do now. The double lands, the most valued of the set, did not hold the big value they have now for example. Barring a retarded kid mistakenly giving you a 100 when he meant to give 10, this is just an outlandish claim.

2. WW claimed he sold it to an event organizer running some social club for magic cards gathering etc. AKA someone who knew what they were doing. This is like me saying I sold my 1996 civic to a car dealer for 35k. The dealer clearly knows its value better, this would be impossible.

WW simply thought he could tell a story and didn't count on me reading it and being a scholar of MtG prices and values during that time, which I was. It's simply a lie. No person would willingly hand over that much for that unless he was grossly confused as to its value. A player who was organizing events and card about the game would know better.

Again...this is the equivalent of telling you that I sold my 1996 beat up civic for 35k to a car dealer when it's only worth a couple grand. The dealer simply would not do that.

• Like 1

Where would you find people to sell these cards to? I have first edition rare Pokémon cards from when I was young that I had collected. I have a ton of rare cards apparently. I want to get rid of them and sell them cause I have 4 cards that I saw were worth $8000 and multiple other cards that are $500-$2000 a piece. So I want to get rid of them and collect on this. Know of where I can sell them?

i was in middle school and there was some guy who ran a magic the gathering "club" at the YMCA the same night I was there playing basketball. Now? I would assume e-bay or craigslist if you want to cut out the fees and shipping with ebay

It's me and You didn't. You are lying. I have laid out my iron clad case to prove this multiple times and you are a clown.

I'll recap for the uninitiated.

1. WW shivan was a revised edition shivan. At the time of its highest value it's was worth no more than 15-20, this was commonly known among collectors. It was at the high end for value of the set as the cards did not have the big time collector markups they do now. The double lands, the most valued of the set, did not hold the big value they have now for example. Barring a retarded kid mistakenly giving you a 100 when he meant to give 10, this is just an outlandish claim.

2. WW claimed he sold it to an event organizer running some social club for magic cards gathering etc. AKA someone who knew what they were doing. This is like me saying I sold my 1996 civic to a car dealer for 35k. The dealer clearly knows its value better, this would be impossible.

WW simply thought he could tell a story and didn't count on me reading it and being a scholar of MtG prices and values during that time, which I was. It's simply a lie. No person would willingly hand over that much for that unless he was grossly confused as to its value. A player who was organizing events and card about the game would know better.

Again...this is the equivalent of telling you that I sold my 1996 beat up civic for 35k to a car dealer when it's only worth a couple grand. The dealer simply would not do that.

:wacko:

maybe you just have too much time on your hands. you can throw all the "magic the gathering knowledge" you want. None of it disproves 1 person paying $100 for a card.

Unless you know the buyer personally (by the way your point 2. you have no way to prove it was someone who knew what they were doing. Anyone can start a club), you really have no case against me.

the more angry you get about a minor incident from my teenage years, the more pathetic you look. Probably time for you to get over it :lol:

Your gonna want to have them appraised by someone with knowledge and be sure of the cards editions. Pics are fine, look around Reddit for good sources. Save the pics to imgur/whatever and PM me the links, I'll take a look and even try to do some appraisal.

Then you have 2 options. Ebay or a local magic/comic/trading card store that deals in singles. Look up any such places locally and head over or call to feel them out.

Your gonna want to have them appraised by someone with knowledge and be sure of the cards. Pics are fine, look around Reddit for good sources. You could even save the pics to imgur/whatever and PM me the links, I'll take a look and even try to do some appraisal.

Then you have 2 options. Ebay or a local magic/comic/trading card store that deals in singles. Look up any such places locally and head over or call to feel them out.

Yea my moms friends husband does a membership with this place/organization every year and gets things appraised/graded cheaper than what you normally would. He said he would have them done for me. But I know for a fact these are the rare, first edition cards that are worth a lot of money. Like the legit ones that are worth thousands of dollars now. The thing is I have to actually go through the dam process of having them appraised/graded which can be expensive. But if I sell just a couple of these cards I'll easily have made over $10K on them with plenty still left to sell. But I have no use for them. I'm not interested in them at all since it was something when I was younger and have grown out of it so there's no point in me keeping them

Yea my moms friends husband does a membership with this place/organization every year and gets things appraised/graded cheaper than what you normally would. He said he would have them done for me. But I know for a fact these are the rare, first edition cards that are worth a lot of money. Like the legit ones that are worth thousands of dollars now. The thing is I have to actually go through the dam process of having them appraised/graded which can be expensive. But if I sell just a couple of these cards I'll easily have made over $10K on them with plenty still left to sell. But I have no use for them. I'm not interested in them at all since it was something when I was younger and have grown out of it so there's no point in me keeping them

If you can get pics send them anyway, I'm genuinely interested to see.

Also I don't know what membership this is but if it's not an experienced Pokémon or trading card dealer/player he won't know jack squat.

Yeah, I do that too. I buy one peice of nice bric a brac from each trip or country.

This is what we do; a vase from here, painting from there, whatever catches our fancy. Nothing uber valuable but something unique or special to the area.

To the OP, I've got some baseball cards from the late 70s / early 80s that my wife has been biotching to me to go through and figure what to do with. My son collected some Pokemon cards but baseball cards weren't the thing with his friends, so I won't pass them down to him.

Oh, and I have a silver Bach Stradivarius trumpet from back when I played; looks like it is worth maybe $1000 on eBay. Heck, none of my kids play, maybe I should sell it. :dunno:

I have a card that might be worth some money. I bought it in the 6th grade for $100. It has a cool dragon on it.

• Like 1

I have a card that might be worth some money. I bought it in the 6th grade for $100. It has a cool dragon on it.

Lol even funnier is a nerd with a hundred bucks back then giving it Willy nilly to WW as a little kid for something worth a fraction of that. Probably the biggest lie Iv ever heard in my life really, nothing else comes close. There's just nothing remotely plausible about it. WW will go to the grave defending it. I write like 5 pages of logistical and factual reasons why the story makes no sense.

Real talk, what if I told you I sold a $1 can of Arizona ice tea to a convenience store clerk for $10? Would you not call me out?

• Like 1

I sold $10,000 worth of baseball cards a year and a half ago so I could upgrade my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland from a 2012 to a 2015. These were all baseball cards, mostly Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph cards of all the top players from 2006 to 2015. Kershaw, Harper, everyone. I sold my Mike Trout 2013 Bowman Chrome Auto BGS 9/10 for $1,300 after having paid $400 for it...that's the best I've ever done on one card.

I sold $10,000 worth of baseball cards a year and a half ago so I could upgrade my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland from a 2012 to a 2015. These were all baseball cards, mostly Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph cards of all the top players from 2006 to 2015. Kershaw, Harper, everyone. I sold my Mike Trout 2013 Bowman Chrome Auto BGS 9/10 for $1,300 after having paid $400 for it...that's the best I've ever done on one card.

Holy crap great haul for a semi recent collection.

Holy crap great haul for a semi recent collection.

Yea, these are the most sought after cards, and when these players get hurt, have a bad season, or have a short career their card prices will fall greatly, even if they continue to play well for a few years, doesn't matter, the prices will drop as people already have the cards or don't want them because they're no longer the hot new prospect. If I'm still collecting in 10 or 20 years, I'll just buy back the best of the best for less money, for my HOF collection.

I just spent $500 on a a few cards in the last few months, mostly of recent basketball and mostly football RC Autos. I did get a 1989 Topps Traded Tiffany Griffey Jr. RC BGS 9 for $70 last week, so I now have all of Griffey Jr's best RC cards graded now (incl. Bowman Tiffany and Upper Deck), along with a nice 2000 SPx Autograph Griffey Jr. graded BGS 9.5 / 10 Gem Mint.

Also I don't know what membership this is but if it's not an experienced Pokémon or trading card dealer/player he won't know jack squat.

😃

It's for some place I believe (again I'm not too familiar with it cause it was his wife telling me about this and she is horrible at explaining sh1t) that is like a card show for sports cards, Pokémon cards, magic the gathering cards, etc. They have people there that appraise/grade the cards.

Here is one card I sent a college buddy of mine who collects these as well as magic the gathering cards. This one is a first edition and what is know as a "shadowless" card. The new version of it has a "shadow" and has darker edges on the holographic corners. They are worth less but this one is one that is really rare and worth a lot.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u406/djgb1337/Mobile%20Uploads/529B9515-FBA2-42FE-B857-948F55254B40_zpslbqkj03z.jpg

😂😂

MTG a brief history

Alpha

Beta

Unlimited

Revised

I'm guessing that you haf a "Revised " Shivan versus an "Unlimited"

I'd have to know what you got in your booster packs and the writing on the bottom of the card to know for sure,

If you did have an "Unlimited" in great condition, it's now worth $200-600.

If it was "Revised" mebbe $10-$20.00

It's for some place I believe (again I'm not too familiar with it cause it was his wife telling me about this and she is horrible at explaining sh1t) that is like a card show for sports cards, Pokémon cards, magic the gathering cards, etc. They have people there that appraise/grade the cards.

Here is one card I sent a college buddy of mine who collects these as well as magic the gathering cards. This one is a first edition and what is know as a "shadowless" card. The new version of it has a "shadow" and has darker edges on the holographic corners. They are worth less but this one is one that is really rare and worth a lot.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u406/djgb1337/Mobile%20Uploads/529B9515-FBA2-42FE-B857-948F55254B40_zpslbqkj03z.jpg

Hell yea it is, that's a first edition Charizard. Most important will be the grading. That can drastically alter a cards value. These things can annoyingly vary greatly. Like maybe 100 bucks or 2k, yes that crazy.

Hell yea it is, that's a first edition Charizard. Most important will be the grading. That can drastically alter a cards value. These things can annoyingly vary greatly. Like maybe 100 bucks or 2k, yes that crazy.

Yea from looking at mine I would say it's no lower than a 7 grade. Probably 8 or 9 grade though cause I've kept it in a protector the whole time so that's saved it. I've got a good deal of other cards like that one that I haven't taken a picture of. Got a whole binder full of them

hey, i know you may still have your panties in a bunch over some random guy you don't know paying me an ungodly amount of money for a magic card :lol: (and by may I mean obviously do as you keep throwing hissy fits over it)

but since youre the be all end all expert on nerdy trading card games, dont first edition pokemon cards literally say 1st edition under the picture on the left hand side? (my brother used to have some)

hey, i know you may still have your panties in a bunch over some random guy you don't know paying me an ungodly amount of money for a magic card :lol: (and by may I mean obviously do as you keep throwing hissy fits over it)

but since youre the be all end all expert on nerdy trading card games, dont first edition pokemon cards literally say 1st edition under the picture on the left hand side? (my brother used to have some)

No they don't. Once my friend told me about how much these were worth I found my old ones and googled them. For ones like the picture I just showed you look at not only the holographic picture on it but also the dates at the bottom of it. Those apparently are indicators for first edition. The words "first edition" don't appear on the cards at all.