Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Things you want to like... but don't.

When I was young I actively disliked hearing Jazz, couldn't imagine myself ever liking it. But some of it has grown on me. The further it gets away from 'on hold' music or muzak, and gets deeper, it can be cool :thumbsup: It's either boring and annoying, or enveloping. No middleground.

I have maybe 5,000 albums and Id guess 5-6 of them are jazz. I like what little I know but dont understand the genre as a whole. I feel the same way about classical.

Kilroy mentioned Breaking Bad and I agree with that 100%.

Movies, especially certain genres like sci-fi, superhero stuff.

I don't watch movies a lot because I cant shut my brain off and do the whole willing suspension of disbelief thing. I also just sit there and try to "figure everything out" instead of just enjoying it.

Winter.

Grew up in Illinois and Michigan. So I should eb somewhat of a fan right? Or find a way to enjoy it? Nope..Hate it...Hate every single thing about it.

Winter.

Grew up in Illinois and Michigan. So I should eb somewhat of a fan right? Or find a way to enjoy it? Nope..Hate it...Hate every single thing about it.

I'm liking it less and less each year. It last 6 months around theses parts. :mad: :mad: :wall:

• Like 1

Kilroy mentioned Breaking Bad and I agree with that 100%.

Movies, especially certain genres like sci-fi, superhero stuff.

I don't watch movies a lot because I cant shut my brain off and do the whole willing suspension of disbelief thing. I also just sit there and try to "figure everything out" instead of just enjoying it.

Me too. I've tried three times. Made it through the first season once. Just never grabs my interest.

Agree on the movies thing too. They make really crappy movies these days.

Winter.

Winter in the Midwest is terrible. Snow needs mountains to be worthwhile.

Winter in the Midwest is terrible. Snow needs mountains to be worthwhile.

Interesting perspective, I'll buy that. Is there any hill worth a damn between the Rockies and Appalachians? :dunno:

Thai and Indian food. :puke:

Next time you are in the Bay Area let me try to change your mind.

Interesting perspective, I'll buy that. Is there any hill worth a damn between the Rockies and Appalachians? :dunno:

Big difference even between Denver and the mountains regarding snow.

I'm liking it less and less each year. It last 6 months around theses parts. :mad: :mad: :wall:

I lived in Coon Rapids for exactly one winter and said fock this.

Fishing.

I was ALL IN years ago to the tune of 5 different boats and gone every weekend for 10 years. Interest just went away one day. Wierd. I miss it but I don't :wall:

Same thing happened to me and hunting. I used to spend every weekend and usually a week of vacation busting my ass all over the countryside. The last couple years I hunted maybe 2-3 days. This year I didn't even buy my tag for the first time in 35 years or so.

I lived in Coon Rapids for exactly one winter and said fock this.

That's the focking tropics compared to where I'm at. :wall: :wall: :wall:

No sh!t. You damn near live in North Dakota or Canada.

Next time you are in the Bay Area let me try to change your mind.

Big difference even between Denver and the mountains regarding snow.

On the food, it's a deal. :cheers: Where do I need to get to? I generally visit Fremont, and you are in Sonoma, not exactly close...

On the mountains, I'm sure that is true. I had planned to post something to penny about Michigan being flat (he went to school there), but as I thought about it, the whole dust belt is pretty flat, cold, and miserable. No offense to folks who live there. OK, some offense I guess. :D

Not that I’m aware of, maybe the Ozarks?

Snow is beautiful, and watching it fall is very peaceful and relaxing. But the reality of dealing with it day-to-day is ugly. I can’t believe people voluntarily sign up for that sh!t.

Snow is beautiful, and watching it fall is very peaceful and relaxing. But the reality of dealing with it day-to-day is ugly. I can’t believe people voluntarily sign up for that sh!t.

I don't mind snow per se; growing up in my area of PA we had lots of it, and the physics of converting rain to snow significantly warms the air, so it usually isn't THAT cold when it snows.

It is that occasional biting, subzero, hurts-to-breathe, windy stuff that I don't miss.

I realized at 22 that I could live somewhere with palm trees. It helped that I couldn't really pursue my career in my hometown so I needed to move somewhere anyway. :cheers:

Driving classic Mustang cars. I've had a 1965, 1966, and 1967 over the years. Every time I get one I realize I hate driving them. First off I'm to damned big behind the wheel. It's like steering about 5 inchest off your chest. Secondly they drive and handle lime a 1960's shitbox... loose steering, crappy suspension, disc brakes, sh!tty windshild wipers.

I love the look, and culture surrounding them... hate the drive and feel.

Now maybe if I bought a fully rest moded car... updated suspension, electronics, power steering, AC, etc... it would be different...but meh.

Makes me sad...

I feel this one too.

I have a bone-stock 69 Landcruiser. I love cruising around in it during the summer with the top and doors off, and it's about as good a mountain/hunting rig as ever built, but actually driving it anywhere is a pain in the ass.

No power steering, hydraulic drum brakes, stiff suspension, uncomfortable seats, top speed of about 50. And then there's the fact that it wants to roll over if you look at it wrong. Not a lot of fun to take down the road. It's worth a a fair amount of money and I've been trying to convince myself to sell it and get something more practical for about 10 years now but I can't seem to pull the trigger. I've told my wife 2 or 3 times "I think I'm going to sell the LandCruiser..." She just says "Yeah, you are :rolleyes: ".

I've had to shovel four times already. I'm already focking sick of it and it's not Thanksgiving yet. :mad:

I've had to shovel four times already. I'm already focking sick of it and it's not Thanksgiving yet. :mad:

Took me 2 hours to drive 7 miles cause of sleet yesterday. :thumbsdown:

I don't mind snow per se; growing up in my area of PA we had lots of it, and the physics of converting rain to snow significantly warms the air, so it usually isn't THAT cold when it snows.

It is that occasional biting, subzero, hurts-to-breathe, windy stuff that I don't miss.

I realized at 22 that I could live somewhere with palm trees. It helped that I couldn't really pursue my career in my hometown so I needed to move somewhere anyway. :cheers:

up in the mountains, it is a resource and the state knows it (plenty of resources allocated to ensure tourism). Daily shoveling was no fun and I do not miss it.

I admit that I do not know the Fremont restaurant scene at all, but if I can get us into the city we can have a lot of food and bar fun.

When it's zero, and snowing...it's cold...damn cold,..horribly cold. Yeah the "conversion of rain to snow" gibberish might take the temp up from -3 to zero, but it's still way way way too cold.....

Same. I don’t like the smell, getting sand/water everywhere or hanging out in the sun.

Any you live in Hawaii? Good choice. :doh:

Any you live in Hawaii? Good choice. :doh:

There are many other things I love about the islands. You realize it’s not just a sandbar, right?

90sbaby brought it up, and he lives in a state with double the coastline. Also, weren't you just complaining about winter? :doh:

• Like 1

Beach/ocean to me is all about the waves -- if they are strong enough to get tossed around, then I enjoy it. Otherwise it is just salty water and annoying sand. And I suppose hardbodies in bikinis, so I shouldn't completely discount it. :banana:

Early Neil, sure. The latter day bloated lounge singer version, not so much.

His live version, video of Cherry Cherry is great

Dude had to grow on me. And yeah, not a big fan of his overwrought, cheesy stylings. But if you can get to some fan faves, pretty cool.

Blue cheese is a lot like Scotch for me. One, it has to be very very good aged stuff. And two, even then, in limited doses.

And it reminds me of my grandmother's calves.

Blue cheese is a lot like Scotch for me. One, it has to be very very good aged stuff. And two, even then, in limited doses.

And it reminds me of my grandmother's calves.

Blue cheese is putrid. I don't know how people eat it. It's mold.

Blue cheese is putrid. I don't know how people eat it. It's mold.

Delicious mold. Thats all that matters.

Unsweetened iced tea.

Margaritas

Blue cheese is just revolting, I like pretty much every other kind of cheese.

Seriously... anything around Hwy 2 "Highline" is the absolute worst. I will never go back of my own volition. Ever... I grew up near Williston... colludge in Minot... a few years in Bemidji... worked several winters in Browning...

Never again! :angry:

It's why I love the Pacific northwest... never really cold.. never really hot. Just right.

Winter.

I used to be this. My dad still is. Over the years I have come to terms with it. It's cold. It sucks. It also never sneaks up on you. Ya never are in the middle of August and have a snowstorm. Moral of the story is it could snow each day in the upper Midwest from October till May. If you prepare for it. It's not that bad.

Seriously... anything around Hwy 2 "Highline" is the absolute worst. I will never go back of my own volition. Ever... I grew up near Williston... colludge in Minot... a few years in Bemidji... worked several winters in Browning...

Never again! :angry:

It's why I love the Pacific northwest... never really cold.. never really hot. Just right.

Westwinds resort in waskish is letting people walkout to ice fish already.