Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Steven Jackson

Are you guys benching him if you have other options since he is going up against the Redskins or do you guys think he will still have a good game?

I'm starting him because I know he'll touch the ball 15+ times. Other options are Hillis, who I don't trust getting a consistent workload and Maclin whose hip I don't trust.

Heard lots of good things about SJax this preseason and I bought into it. But I'm beginning to think he's not going to measure up to expectations. Could still be a top 15 guy due to sheer volume, but that offense...and the O-line in particular scares me. How good would Justin Blackmon have been in STL?

Are you guys benching him if you have other options since he is going up against the Redskins or do you guys think he will still have a good game?

It's not so much that the Redskins D is that daunting, but the Rams O-line lost 2 starters last week. This could be a rough week for Jackson.

It's not so much that the Redskins D is that daunting, but the Rams O-line lost 2 starters last week. This could be a rough week for Jackson.

Wells ( C ) is out, but Saffold (LT) practiced all week and should play

Im going to start bradshaw and reggie bush instead of jackson. I liked the prospects of him getting 20+ carries a game but when its for 2 ypc its pointless.

I'm starting him over doug martin this week... i know what murray did to the giants, but i don't believe that TB will be able to move the ball as easily as Dallas did. That and i have a hunch that he will be called on more in the passing game this week

I'm starting him over doug martin this week... i know what murray did to the giants, but i don't believe that TB will be able to move the ball as easily as Dallas did. That and i have a hunch that he will be called on more in the passing game this week

I'm starting Martin and Ridley ahead or him this week

In general, would you guys rather flex Steven Jackson or a WR on the order of a Dez Bryant?

I'm starting Martin and Ridley ahead or him this week

What is your reasoning for this? I'm almost in the same situation. I see the two as almost deadlocked this week. Maybe a slight advantage to steven jackson as i think WAS will be more prone to turn overs than the giants

I'm planning to start Rice, Gore, and Morris over him in a PPR. I can't believe I just typed that sentence; I need to rethink this. :o

I'm planning to start Rice, Gore, and Morris over him in a PPR. I can't believe I just typed that sentence; I need to rethink this. :o

Bam Morris?

Bam Morris?

Might as well. I already started Cutler and Cobb in this league, so at this point I'm just hoping for my team to not embarrass me in my loss. :(

I'm starting him with some confidence. He traditionally steamrolls the Redskins D (had 58 yards and a TD on 10 carries when he got hurt against us last year) and the 'Skins have the same front 7 as last year. I know he's down some starting O-linemen, but is there really that much of a talent gap between St. Loius's starters and a back up?

I'm starting him with some confidence. He traditionally steamrolls the Redskins D (had 58 yards and a TD on 10 carries when he got hurt against us last year) and the 'Skins have the same front 7 as last year. I know he's down some starting O-linemen, but is there really that much of a talent gap between St. Loius's starters and a back up?

Rams coach Jeff Fisher revealed Monday that C Scott Wells will go on injured reserve with a fractured foot.

...Signed to a $24 million deal in the offseason, Wells was expected to spark the Rams' interior line as a plus run blocker and pass protector. The Rams will now turn to career backup Rob Turner at center. Steven Jackson managed just 53 yards on 21 carries in Week 1, and he may continue to struggle to find running lanes the rest of the way. The Rams are hopeful Wells will return after midseason on their injury-exempt list, but he's definitely going to miss the next 5-6 games. Sep 10 - 5:34 PM

I'd say yes, there is a big difference but I'm starting him anyway.

Don't overthink this fellas, SJAX is getting 20 touches, you start him!!! You drafted him as a #2 or Flex, use him. At the minimum he's gonna get you 50 all purpose yards, at the minimum. I'm starting him over Kevin Smith, Miles Austin, Ced Benson (ouch), and Hakeem Nicks.

Rams rookie LG Rokevious Watkins (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 2.

The fifth-rounder out of South Carolina isn't much of a pass blocker but has showed some promise as a mauling run blocker at times. St. Louis linemen are dropping like flies in the regular season after emerging from exhibition and training camp action as one of the healthiest teams. Recently re-signed OL Quinn Ojinnaka will likely start in Watkins' place. Steven Jackson is going to have a tough time against the Redskins in Week 2.

:wall:

Rams rookie LG Rokevious Watkins (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 2.

The fifth-rounder out of South Carolina isn't much of a pass blocker but has showed some promise as a mauling run blocker at times. St. Louis linemen are dropping like flies in the regular season after emerging from exhibition and training camp action as one of the healthiest teams. Recently re-signed OL Quinn Ojinnaka will likely start in Watkins' place. Steven Jackson is going to have a tough time against the Redskins in Week 2.

:wall:

Doesn't matter. SJAX don't need no stinkin guards! He's still gonna get the rock 30 times. Guards are for suckas, not S Jeezy. :bandana:

I was afraid to open this thread again. I figured the Rams lost another lineman or two in the past half hour. :unsure: