Sign in to follow this  
Dicks Sporting Goods Sales Sink After New Gun Policy...

######'s Sporting Goods shares jumped 23 percent at the market's open Wednesday after it beat fiscal first-quarter expectations and hiked its full-year earnings forecast, easing concerns that restrictions it placed on gun purchases would hurt its sales.

:dunno:

Well Posty will be happy to hear the good news.

caliber, velocity, effective firing range, etc...

Get ready. When Pen asks a question, he’s not looking for an answer. You’d expect him to respond to this with “Ah that makes sense, thanks.”, but you would be mistaken. Just warming you up for the inevitable, carry on.

Get ready. When Pen asks a question, hes not looking for an answer. Youd expect him to respond to this with Ah that makes sense, thanks., but you would be mistaken. Just warming you up for the inevitable, carry on.

:)

Get ready. When Pen asks a question, he’s not looking for an answer. You’d expect him to respond to this with “Ah that makes sense, thanks.”, but you would be mistaken. Just warming you up for the inevitable, carry on.

Thanks for the warning.

D!ck's stock was trading at $29.87 on February 5th and is now trading at $33.26. At no point since the Parkland shooting did it close below $31. HTH.

To put things in perspective, DKS shares 12 month High is 47.12

I thought the original number sounded low, too lazy to look it up.

Good for 's though.

To put things in real perspective, this thread was started on March 22nd, and the stock is up 8%.

caliber, velocity, effective firing range, etc...

OK. Help me understand appropriate cut-offs for each of those factors to identify the most lethal firearms.

WTF did I ever do to you? I swear, every gawd damn post of yours addressing me is insulting.

You and I are on the same "side" for this issue dipsh!t. I am trying to understand objectively what makes a firearm lethal, from a gun aficionado's perspective.

I was shocked

Trump's nailing it so well he's even making liberal D1ck's rise.

I love walking through 's as I love sports and outdoors. Get to see some of the new styles in person. Then I generally walk out empty handed and go buy somewhere else that's cheaper. They are ridiculously overpriced.

I love walking through ######'s as I love sports and outdoors. Get to see some of the new styles in person. Then I generally walk out empty handed and go buy somewhere else that's cheaper. They are ridiculously overpriced.

Same good time wasting store.

When I would get dragged to the mall I would just go walk around DICKS. Hit a few golf balls with clubs I was interested in. Look at the outdoor stuff.

I did buy a canoe there once. It was actually a really good marked down price heading into the fall months, so I bought it.

Sometimes I get gift cards to there. About the only time I ever get anything there as online has killed them for prices especially in golf.

Trump's nailing it so well he's even making liberal D1ck's rise.

I guess so. The comments above make a good point. the serious outdoorsman had already moved on to other stores. I saw a bunch of my liberal friends post bags from d1cks shortly after the announcement.

I would like to see there next earnings announcement though. That will tell if the liberal yuppies continue to shop there or already collected their virtue signal points

I guess so. The comments above make a good point. the serious outdoorsman had already moved on to other stores. I saw a bunch of my liberal friends post bags from d1cks shortly after the announcement.

I would like to see there next earnings announcement though. That will tell if the liberal yuppies continue to shop there or already collected their virtue signal points

You have middle aged lib friends who posted pictures on social media of DICKS shopping bags in support of the store?

Man you political hacks are crazy.

None of my right or left or middle friends act like you people.

You have middle aged lib friends who posted pictures on social media of DICKS shopping bags in support of the store?

LOL!!! No kidding..I cant imagine having politics or your political affiliations drive so much of your daily thoughts.

Yup I sure do. I don't post them because Social media is for pictures of my kids or stupid thoughts.

They felt the need to virtue signal. What am I supposed to do block em like a b1tch?

Yup I sure do. I don't post them because Social media is for pictures of my kids or stupid thoughts.

They felt the need to virtue signal. What am I supposed to do block em like a b1tch?

I love the unfollow button. Were still friends, I just dont have to see your stupid sh!t anymore.

Ive done that to dozens of people, most of them for politics nonsense.

I love the unfollow button. Were still friends, I just dont have to see your stupid sh!t anymore.

Politics is one. Got a friend that posts recipes all day. No thanks.

My mother in law is a vegan so she rambles on about that constantly. No.

Yes the unfollow is a great tool

Get new friends

Get rid of facebook since it is for teenaged girls or hacks with an opinion on everything

I just dont understand how politics drives so many of you.

I have friends that are much more poltical than I am. Right and left. But they dont fo this sort of stuff. It may be a middle aged and crazy sort of thing.

Hardly anyone argued, protested, boycotted, ranted, got offended, got upset, sat for hours trying to convince people through political insults....say 5-10 years ago. Mot sure what happened last handful of years. People have went mad. Just glad it isnt much in my day to day life. Hacks.

Get new friends

Get rid of facebook since it is for teenaged girls or hacks with an opinion on everything

Actually teenagers don’t use FB anymore, it’s for old people now, it’s jumped the shark. Instagram and Snapchat are what teenagers (people in their 20s are still teenagers pretty much) use.

I like to read the other side of the arguments so I don't block them... Unless it's all day every day than you got to go. And that's both sides.

Actually teenagers don’t use FB anymore, it’s for old people now, it’s jumped the shark. Instagram and Snapchat are what teenagers (people in their 20s are still teenagers pretty much) use.

Yep. It's called Da Facebooks! now.

I like to read the other side of the arguments so I don't block them... Unless it's all day every day than you got to go. And that's both sides.

I still have many on both sides. The ones that keep it to a minimum and can make a coherent point.

The ones that just bombard the place with memes and links all day long... gone.

Other ways to get unfollowed....

Posting constantly in another language. I have lots of Chinese and Filipino friends on there. Like my fiancées family (10 siblings, more nieces and nephews and cousins than I can count). I accept their friend requests and then unfollow them immediately.

Excessive stuff about your kid. Like pictures every single day.

Excessive religion lady.

Excessive recipe lady.

Anything with... lets see how many times this can get liked, kind of garbage.

Actually teenagers dont use FB anymore, its for old people now, its jumped the shark. Instagram and Snapchat are what teenagers (people in their 20s are still teenagers pretty much) use.

I guess I don't know but it makes sense. When I left FB I did start to see old people act really weird as they had no idea what it was. And I saw political slap fights and posts jump up out of no where.

I basically coincided with facebook in age. When I graduated it was new and based on keeping connected with friends and family that you move away to college from. So I got it and used it for those reasons. Last I was there it was getting really weird. Cant imagine now.

I guess I don't know but it makes sense. When I left FB I did start to see old people act really weird as they had no idea what it was. And I saw political slap fights and posts jump up out of no where.

I basically coincided with facebook in age. When I graduated it was new and based on keeping connected with friends and family that you move away to college from. So I got it and used it for those reasons. Last I was there it was getting really weird. Cant imagine now.

Im getting old enough where I honestly dont really care what my old friends from high school and college are up to anymore. I mean there are one or two Ive stayed connected with, but for the most part, dont care.

I use Facebook for two things. One, since I live very far from home, its an easy way to see pictures of whats going on. The neices and nephews, the pool parties, cookouts, etc.

and secondly, it is very useful as a tool living here. There are groups for expats city by city. Parties and events appear there, and if I am looking for a hard to find thing, they can usually tell me where to go.

I still have many on both sides. The ones that keep it to a minimum and can make a coherent point.

Posting constantly in another language. I have lots of Chinese and Filipino friends on there. Like my fiancées family (10 siblings, more nieces and nephews and cousins than I can count). I accept their friend requests and then unfollow them immediately.

Excessive religion lady.

Excessive recipe lady.

Excessive religion lady.

Excessive recipe lady.

Not that anyone cares but here's my social media feed

May - Talking about good books with a friend (who I know is liberal as sh1t)

April - My daughter turning 5

April - Quote from G.S.Patton "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week

April - Bitching about the UK and online deliveries of knifes being a thing

March - Sh1tty Michigan roads

March - My sh1tty NCAA bracket

March - Day light savings time meme

March - Me getting my head buzzed during a fundraiser for kids cancer research

Feb - Me saying coming to america was the best "fictional African nation"

All in all one political post. So yeah I agree if you're at in multiple times a week you got to go.

Spoiler alert, they didn't...

Edward Stack, chairman and CEO of 's, said during the event that the sporting goods chain's recent 3.9 percent drop in same-store sales was the result of a mix of factors beyond their control as well as some he called "self-imposed." Specifically, he said, "the decisions we made on firearms" negatively affected their bottom line but the drop in sales was something they expected.

DIcks owns field and stream as their hunting and fishing stores. Dicks sporting goods is not marketed to hunters and fishermen

They might have to close field and stream... probably making too much money.

"My sense is that we can either take a look at closing that store, that concept or reconceptualizing it into a more of an outdoor type concept, and we're taking a look at all of these things and by the end of—the peak of the hunting season is coming up in—and basically, the end of the third and the beginning of the fourth quarter and as we move into the end of the fourth quarter, we'll make a decision as to what we're going to do," Stack said.

This place is usually lined up down the street on Black Friday. This year there was about 15 people waiting for them to open when we showed up. We walked in got what we wanted and checked out with no wait. I have been in years past and waited in line at the gun/ammo counter for hours and then stood in line at the checkout for another hour.

This place is usually lined up down the street on Black Friday. This year there was about 15 people waiting for them to open when we showed up. We walked in got what we wanted and checked out with no wait. I have been in years past and waited in line at the gun/ammo counter for hours and then stood in line at the checkout for another hour.

Yeah.. gun nuts are not whipped up and mental now Obama isn't the president... You can actually buy .22 rounds now

Wait...hang on..So everyone in line at D!cks on black friday was there to buy guns or gun related stuff? It isn't possible that people are doing, oh I don't know, shopping online and stuff? Is that possible...???

Bass Pro might be hurting them as well

Wait...hang on..So everyone in line at D!cks on black friday was there to buy guns or gun related stuff? It isn't possible that people are doing, oh I don't know, shopping online and stuff? Is that possible...???

You mean in years past did I go to each person and ask them why they were there? no...stupid question.

You mean in years past did I go to each person and ask them why they were there? no...stupid question.

Yeah thats what I meant. :rolleyes:

Bass Pro might be hurting them as well

Bass Pro sucks. They bought out Cabela's and are focking them up royally. The Cabela's near me has all kinds of 6 foot or longer fishing rods in the middle of ice fishing season. They've never had such a small ice fishing section in my life. Good Ol' southern boys don't know northern outdoors. :thumbsdown:

Bass Pro sucks. They bought out Cabela's and are focking them up royally. The Cabela's near me has all kinds of 6 foot or longer fishing rods in the middle of ice fishing season. They've never had such a small ice fishing section in my life. Good Ol' southern boys don't know northern outdoors. :thumbsdown:

Bass pro is awful. The one near me has a larger section dedicated towards trout fly fishing than offshore fishing.

Cabela's is still good down here, but who knows how long.