Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Today was a top 5 day for my life

I went to college for 4 years. Graduated with two bachelors and dean's list. I was paying 500 bucks a month rent to my parents after the age of 18 and never took out a student loan. I was working 60-80 hours a week waitering, but had also been working at various occupations since the 6th grade for college and to help pay family bills. I paid for my tuition by check.

No wonder this is being referred to as The Softest Generation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's my point! LOOK HOW YOU TURNED OUT! :lol:

You went quite a long way to get your gay humor in there. Great job. Hows your kid doing?

My kids are doing great. Thanks for asking.

How many kids you have ?

I've been sowing my oats across this nation faster than Johnny was planting apple seeds.

:lol: :lol: That's my point! LOOK HOW YOU TURNED OUT! :lol:

Hey, I'm a well adjusted sociopath. :mad: :mad:

My son is in France right now, for 12 days with the school/exchange program and he is having a blast. In the meantime, the email came today letting him know that he was accepted into NYU, Tisch School for the Arts and Dramatic Writing. Just as I am about to go to bed, I get another email that they are giving us $36K in scholarships, which is basically almost the full tuition. I will still need $20-$25K for room and board but I can do that. Holy crap, my boy is going to NYU. :overhead:

My daughter got a ride to NYU for film/cinema but was so pissed she didn't get into Columbia, so she went to SMU. I guess she thought she was getting even with New York City. I'm glad she ended up in Dallas, much closer to home. Kids are weerd. Congrats for your boy! Other than that bizarre split campus thing, NYU is a great institution.

My daughter got a ride to NYU for film/cinema but was so pissed she didn't get into Columbia, so she went to SMU. I guess she thought she was getting even with New York City. I'm glad she ended up in Dallas, much closer to home. Kids are weerd. Congrats for your boy! Other than that bizarre split campus thing, NYU is a great institution.

Thanks. I know...the campus thing is a bit odd. I'm just totally psyched because we live only 40 minutes from New York City and it will be very cool stopping in to visit, etc. Maybe catch an extra Broadway show here and there. I heard great things about SMU as well, so that's cool. Columbia is extremely tough. No way my boy makes it there either.

Thanks. I know...the campus thing is a bit odd. I'm just totally psyched because we live only 40 minutes from New York City and it will be very cool stopping in to visit, etc. Maybe catch an extra Broadway show here and there. I heard great things about SMU as well, so that's cool. Columbia is extremely tough. No way my boy makes it there either.

Having him close will be awesome. I'm trying to get my oldest to move to Mars, but that may be too close. Wish the daughter was closer, but four hours is okay. The youngest starts premed at Univ of Tulsa next year, so he will be 20 minutes away. May look for a spot on Mars for him too.