Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Mark Ingram gets 4-game suspension

ESPN

New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram has been suspended for the first four games of the 2018 season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The Saints have Jonathan Williams and rookie Boston on roster that could potentially soak up some Ingram touches during the first four weeks.

Oh my soul, the stock of Kamara can’t go any higher, can it?

Boy did Ingram screw up. Final year of his current contract. Not gonna help his cause...

Saints will probably sign a veteren RB. They don't want to screw with Kamara's productivity by trying to make him a full time back. I would be suprised.

What were the average touches Kamara had per game last year? 14-15?

Boy did Ingram screw up. Final year of his current contract. Not gonna help his cause...

Saints will probably sign a veteren RB. They don't want to screw with Kamara's productivity by trying to make him a full time back. I would be suprised.

What were the average touches Kamara had per game last year? 14-15?

Take out the first 3 games (before he really got involved) and the one he got concussed early, and it goes up to 14.75.

Alvin Kamara's player page

His efficiency was insane last year and likely unsustainable. Dude had 202 touches (12.6 per game) and racked up 1554 combined yards, 13 TDs for 1.15 FPts per touch (standard scoring) and 1.56 FPts per touch (PPR scoring).

And, in related news, what better time to ask for a new contract?

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Ingram wants a new contract and will not participate in any of the Saints’ voluntary offseason work. Rapoport also suggested the Saints may have talked about trading Ingram.

And, in related news, what better time to ask for a new contract?

If you're not gonna participate in the first 4 games, you might as well skip the voluntary workouts to.

I think itll be Kamara splitting carries with Jonathon Williams and then Boston Scott gets a lot of the passing down work. Dont sleep on Boston Scott. No way Sean Peyton drafted him without Darren Sproles in mind

I think itll be Kamara splitting carries with Jonathon Williams and then Boston Scott gets a lot of the passing down work. Dont sleep on Boston Scott. No way Sean Peyton drafted him without Darren Sproles in mind

That's Kamaras role though

Not without Ingram. Also towards the last 4-5 games Kamara started getting the lion share of the carries even when Ingram was there. They were gonna trade him this off season but Knew about the suspension so couldnt do it. For some reason Sean Peyton never was the biggest Ingram supporter. He was smittened by Kamara and thats why they traded up to get him. I think the pass catching role was just to get Kamara on the field in the beginning. Kamara is deceptive in his size. He almost 220 lbs

That's Kamaras role though

Not without Ingram. Also towards the last 4-5 games Kamara started getting the lion share of the carries even when Ingram was there. They were gonna trade him this off season but Knew about the suspension so couldnt do it. For some reason Sean Peyton never was the biggest Ingram supporter. He was smittened by Kamara and thats why they traded up to get him. I think the pass catching role was just to get Kamara on the field in the beginning. Kamara is deceptive in his size. He almost 220 lbs

??? In the last 5 games, Ingram's carries were 14, 12, 12, 13, 13 where as Kamara's was 9, 1, 12, 12, 9. I wouldn't call getting 43 carries the "lion share" when the other guy got 64.

I don't really read much New Orleans Saints news, but where did it say that the Saints knew Ingram was going to get suspended?

Its a very good one two punch.

And it worked last season.

Should be interesting too see how much more work Kamara will receive in the running game.

Okay lets says last 3 games then. And clarify I mean lions share of the overall touches not just carries. And look at where those touches came out. A lot of them were in the red zone or near goal line. Which is where most would think Ingram would get more.

??? In the last 5 games, Ingram's carries were 14, 12, 12, 13, 13 where as Kamara's was 9, 1, 12, 12, 9. I wouldn't call getting 43 carries the "lion share" when the other guy got 64.

I don't really read much New Orleans Saints news, but where did it say that the Saints knew Ingram was going to get suspended?

Actually I do think for some reason the Saints coach what’s too move Ingram but can’t get it done.

But I do think Ingram is a very important part of the success of that team.

Brees didn’t post his normal high ff point total last season.

And the run game and team concept needs both Kamara and Ingram.

Makes me like AK more and Ingram as a late value flex/insurance policy. If you get Kamara in the first you have to hope that he gets the lion share 1-4. Then when Ingram comes back you have a possible flex play. If AK is injured you can slide Ingram into your RB1 slot and still be strong. Then the BIG kicker would be if Ingram gets traded to a contender that has RB issues in the season.

Actually I do think for some reason the Saints coach what’s too move Ingram but can’t get it done.

But I do think Ingram is a very important part of the success of that team.

Brees didn’t post his normal high ff point total last season.

And the run game and team concept needs both Kamara and Ingram.

I do think this is one situation where the removal of one of these players will actually hurt the effectiveness of the other.

the team needs both.

whether the team is astute enough to realize this (or not) remains to be seen. but I do think this suspension will hurt Ingram's chances of getting a nice contract (here or elsewhere)

• Like 1

Free-agent RB Tim Hightower (49ers) is participating in minicamp with the New Orleans Saints on a tryout basis, according to Josh Katzenstein of The Times-Picayune.