• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,532 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

And Sahsi Brown was fired? Jackson is a horrible coach. Brown set them up with the picks to be a legit team this year if they pick right. All these moves they made? Because of brown. If the browns make the playoffs in the next 2 to 3 years it's going to be because of him and despite Jackson.
Its still not a hummingbird.

#2 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:56 AM

Hue thought he could be an offensive coordinator... he couldnt. They hired todd haley to remedy that. They have to stop the turnover at some point.

#3 weepaws

weepaws

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,173 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

Ask Marvin Lewis.
Godswillbedone Revelation 20:15. And who so ever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Todays Proverbs 4 Todays Psalm 19 God Bless.

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7. 1 Timothy 6:18-19. Psalm 9:7&8.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26. Matthew 7:24-25. Proverbs 28:21&27. 1 Peter 3.
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13 Ezekiel 18:21-22. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19. 2 Timothy 2:3-4. 1 Peter 4:14
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13. Romans 10:10. Romans 8:31
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16. Romans 12:14. James 1:8.
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4. Romans 14:9. 2 Chronicles 32:8.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2. Romans 11:33. Proverbs 12:1&26.
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1. Romans 12:17-21. 2 Chronicles 34&35.

#4 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,636 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:23 AM

I don't get it. He is a disaster of a coach. But there are horrible coaches everywhere. I don't get why teams hire these "smash mouth" old school coaches, when teams with more creative offenses seem to be consistently successful, or immediately successful. Pederson, McVay, the Steelers (say what you will about Tomlin, the team is still in it every year with an offensive philosophy that doesn't just use it's stars as decoys), and Belichik. Belichik may be old school to a degree, but he's smart enough to know being a run first team isn't going to win anything consistently.

#5 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,280 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:18 AM

I don't get it. He is a disaster of a coach. But there are horrible coaches everywhere. I don't get why teams hire these "smash mouth" old school coaches, when teams with more creative offenses seem to be consistently successful, or immediately successful. Pederson, McVay, the Steelers (say what you will about Tomlin, the team is still in it every year with an offensive philosophy that doesn't just use it's stars as decoys), and Belichik. Belichik may be old school to a degree, but he's smart enough to know being a run first team isn't going to win anything consistently.

No joke. I am so glad the titans got rid of friggin mularkey. I was getting close to giving up watching that ridiculous mess of an offense.

#6 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,636 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:56 AM

No joke. I am so glad the titans got rid of friggin mularkey. I was getting close to giving up watching that ridiculous mess of an offense.

Mike Vrabel might not be any different...

#7 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,280 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

Mike Vrabel might not be any different...

Might not. Sure as hell got a better OC, at least on paper. That was the problem last year. Constant jumbo sets. Two man routes. Complete failure to adapt the offense to the talents of the players.

I dont see vrabel and lefleur making that mistake.

I know its popular for fans to gripe about coaching, but mularkey was friggin terrible. It was painful to watch. We were getting blown out in KC before he just let mariota do his thing. And belicheck simply took him to the woodshed.

#8 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Whoa whoa whoa according to Mularkey its called exotic smash mouth theres a real difference there haha

#9 Mr Neil

Mr Neil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:22 AM

This is my theory. Sashi Brown wanted to tank those first two years and acquire picks and rebuild and who better to loose games for you then the worst coach ever Hue Jackson. The problem was is that Hue took the machiavellian approach and trashed him in the media and too the front office. Thats why sashi got canned. And it all stemmed from sashi stopping that idiot Hue from trading away a 1st and 3rd round draft pick he accumulated for AJ freakin McCarron whos FA market was ice cold. So bc of that that idiot Jimmy Haslem sided with Hue. Sashi would have killed this draft and built a stacked team and most likely got Hue canned this season or by mid season but Hue beat him to the punch.

#10 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,280 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

Whoa whoa whoa according to Mularkey its called exotic smash mouth theres a real difference there haha

The exotic part is occasionally doing rediculous crap like WR and TE sweeps. The time I saw the ball being handed off to delanie Walker I was like, what tha...

#11 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

This is my theory. Sashi Brown wanted to tank those first two years and acquire picks and rebuild and who better to loose games for you then the worst coach ever Hue Jackson. The problem was is that Hue took the machiavellian approach and trashed him in the media and too the front office. Thats why sashi got canned. And it all stemmed from sashi stopping that idiot Hue from trading away a 1st and 3rd round draft pick he accumulated for AJ freakin McCarron whos FA market was ice cold. So bc of that that idiot Jimmy Haslem sided with Hue. Sashi would have killed this draft and built a stacked team and most likely got Hue canned this season or by mid season but Hue beat him to the punch.

Good post Mr Neil
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus

#12 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

I like the theory. The Browns were accumulating some interesting talent on defense, plus some nice athletes at receiver.