Sign in to follow this  
graphix28

How would you rank the top 10 qbs next season?

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Wilson

4. Wentz

5. Watson

6. Brees

7. Cam

8. Jimmy G.

9. Goff

10. Ryan

Just for fun. In a big 2 qb league and want to study early 😂😂

With all kidding aside, I would rank them 1-10.

Revelation 16:6&10&15.

Watson

Rodgers

Wentz

Wilson

Brady

Goff

Cam (if he continues to rush)

Luck

Stanford/Rivers - have them even

Bridgewater/Cousins -have them even

*Think Brees falls outta top 10 next year. Saints are now a running offense.

Bridgewater oh my soul.

1 Samuel 16:7 m

Bridgewater oh my soul.

1 Samuel 16:7 m

Yep, that's what they were saying about Goff before the season too. Most had him outside the top 25.

Nobody ever wants to make a bold prediction.

All the tools are there.

• Like 1

He was 24 and 29th ranked on avg in 2014 and 2015.

It's going to be a short lived bold prediction.

Revelation 18:4-5.

• Like 1

He was 24 and 29th ranked on avg in 2014 and 2015.

It's going to be a short lived bold prediction.

....as was Goff's, who was QB #24 in 2016

and it's not 2014 anymore there, Snuffleupagus.

Again, just a early bold prediction......after all, he still has to prove his knee is trustworthy and he is a free agent this spring. However, he has the skills and the tools to crack the top 10, if things break right (pun intended).

Mmm I disagree.

I don't think he has the ability too be a top ten QB in the NFL.

....as was Goff's, who was QB #24 in 2016

and it's not 2014 anymore there, Snuffleupagus.

Again, just a early bold prediction......after all, he still has to prove his knee is trustworthy and he is a free agent this spring. However, he has the skills and the tools to crack the top 10, if things break right (pun intended).

In general, I'd agree with you, but not in this instance. Goff only played a half dozen games and was coached by Jeff Fisher. To say that Goff's #24 ranking is on par with 2 full seasons of being ranked that low is rather foolish. Bridgewater would be going back to the same coaching staff and system while missing 2 full seasons. I think the comparison between the two isn't remotely reasonable.

That and the fact that Bridewaters second season was worst then his first in ff.

Goff of course took off in his second season.

1. Wentz - I think he takes another step forward and I believe that the Eagles get him a better WR than Torrey Smith to throw to.

Cousins - I think he goes to a team like Denver or Jacksonville next season and could be a monster. If he stays in Washington, I'd certainly drop him a handful of spots.

Roethlisberger - I believe he comes back. I also think the emergence of Juju will give them more comfort in the passing game.

Rodgers - I'm not sure what to make of the Packers' receiving corp going forward. I think Rodgers drops a few spots next year.

Wilson - I think the Seahawks are going to focus on the OLine and RB position this coming offseason and actually spend real money to fix these two spots. There by, limiting Wilson's rushing stats which really give him a boost over other QB's.

Brady - I don't see any reason why he won't be up here.

Stafford - He always posts strong numbers... just not wins. And I think the Lions take a specific interest in getting a RB this off season.

Winston - Over the last 4 games since coming back from his injury, he's posted some really strong numbers and played really well. Tampa will look to add a real RB next season and upgrade the OLine.

Watson - Teams I believe are going to adjust to him, but I still think he's going to put up good numbers

Keenum - Cook being back next season will only help. I think the Vikings will look to add a little more depth to the OLine and receiving corp in the off season.

In general, I'd agree with you, but not in this instance. Goff only played a half dozen games and was coached by Jeff Fisher. To say that Goff's #24 ranking is on par with 2 full seasons of being ranked that low is rather foolish. Bridgewater would be going back to the same coaching staff and system while missing 2 full seasons. I think the comparison between the two isn't remotely reasonable.

24th fantasy QB in games he started. We are talking fantasy, aren't we?

I thought my point was clear:

Almost nobody had Goff ranked in top 20 of 2017 FF QB's, so to come in and call people foolish for a early bold prediction on Bridge cracking the top 10, is what could be described as foolish.

In fact, Bridgewater may very well stink, if he even plays. That's why they are called "bold". People were ripping me for promoting Collins last year, too. We hit some and miss some. And you, TB, should know as well as anyone how off the mark FF predictions can often be. With all due respect, my friend, you may have set the bar this year.

I would not doubt if before this year some or all of these 5 QBs were labeled by many as top 10 QBs, where in my league none made top 10.:

Brees - just outside top 10

Winston - forgot how to throw to mike evans

Carr - I heard a lot of hype from people

Prescott - same as Carr

Ryan - previous year number 1, this year 15

Guys that made the top 10 that I did not hear much about:

Goff

Wentz

Cousins

Rivers

Alex Smith

There should be a contest around picking top 10 at positions before the season. That would be fun to see how close or far away those on this site get.

I would not doubt if before this year some or all of these 5 QBs were labeled by many as top 10 QBs, where in my league none made top 10.:

Brees - just outside top 10

Winston - forgot how to throw to mike evans

Carr - I heard a lot of hype from people

Prescott - same as Carr

Ryan - previous year number 1, this year 15

Guys that made the top 10 that I did not hear much about:

Goff

Wentz

Cousins

Rivers

Alex Smith

There should be a contest around picking top 10 at positions before the season. That would be fun to see how close or far away those on this site get.

There is already a contest, it's called drafting.

24th fantasy QB in games he started. We are talking fantasy, aren't we?

I thought my point was clear:

Almost nobody had Goff ranked in top 20 of 2017 FF QB's, so to come in and call people foolish for a early bold prediction on Bridge cracking the top 10, is what could be described as foolish.

In fact, Bridgewater may very well stink, if he even plays. That's why they are called "bold". People were ripping me for promoting Collins last year, too. We hit some and miss some. And you, TB, should know as well as anyone how off the mark FF predictions can often be. With all due respect, my friend, you may have set the bar this year.

Clearly we're talking fantasy if you're predicting a backup to finish in the top 10.

Your initial post "Bridgewater/Cousins -have them even", wasn't clear at all considering that neither the OP, the thread title, nor your initial post said anything about being a "bold prediction". Had you said it was a bold prediction, then a hint of foolishness is expected.

Man, I make 2 "homer predictions" about Winston and Evans and now I have a reputation?

Your initial post "Bridgewater/Cousins -have them even", wasn't clear at all considering that neither the OP, the thread title, nor your initial post said anything about being a "bold prediction". Had you said it was a bold prediction, then a hint of foolishness is expected.

-Well, it is my real prediction, that just happens to be quite bold. Is that clearer? Much like Cousins, both QB's have a lot up in the air right now, making them both bold at this point.

Man, I make 2 "homer predictions" about Winston and Evans and now I have a reputation?

-No, making them was fine.....your reputation resulted from your dogged insistence that they were undoubtedly accurate. However, we all make mistakes, so I am willing to wipe the slate. With my Bridgewater prediction, conversely, I am willing to conceded that is is bold, and most certainly not a mountain I am willing to die on. As stated previously, he may not even get to play next year and he is a free agent, so could land anywhere. Nevertheless, if he gets a full season (particularly in MN, and I am NOT a homer), I expect him to surprise with a top-10 finish.

BTW, if he got a full season at MN next year, where would you rank him?

Rodgers

Brady

Wentz

Newton

Watson

Wilson

Luck

Brees

Rivers

Ben, if he returns. Not likely.

Goff

Winston

Stafford

Ryan.

Happy New Year.

Revelation 20:4.

Big Vikings fan here. I don't believe Bridgewater will ever be a top 10 quarterback. He's the most likable young man in the world, but he has never shown that killer instinct, that "it" factor. We all think of Keenum as a journeyman,

a backup. But Keenum has that "it" factor. The players know it, the coaches know it. Keenum will be the Vikings quarterback next year.

There is already a contest, it's called drafting.

Ramkings are different than drafting. Maybe once you understand this you too can be competetive in FF.

Is it blimp worthy?

*Think Brees falls outta top 10 next year. Saints are now a running offense.

i'll disagree there. Kamara brings a passing element out of the backfield and Thomas will continue to blossom. Don't be surprised to see them draft a receiver as well.

He's not in the top ten this season, so I do t think it's that much of a reach too say he won't make it back into the top ten next season.

Revelation 19:17-21

Isn't it just amazing that he's going too be 41.

And look at his numbers this season, I'll still be on the trust wagon when it comes too Brady again.

He might not be the best, but he will be a top ten.

Isn't it just amazing that he's going too be 41.

And look at his numbers this season, I'll still be on the trust wagon when it comes too Brady again.

He might not be the best, but he will be a top ten.

For the past 4 weeks, which happen to be the IBL playoffs, Brady has stunk, performing as the #19 QB with an average of 14.5 points. He helped get me into the champion tier, but killed me in the playoffs. I should have trusted my gut and went with Goff.

#1 in that same span... Blake Bortles. :ninja:

Glad to see Watson fairly consistently in people's top 5. I've held onto him in my deep keeper league with his injury, with the thought of keeping him for next year. With our rules and based on how many I keep, he'd probably cost me between a 3rd and 5th round pick. I'm not usually an early QB drafter but I think I'd do it for a 5th, not sure about earlier.

Glad to see Watson fairly consistently in people's top 5. I've held onto him in my deep keeper league with his injury, with the thought of keeping him for next year. With our rules and based on how many I keep, he'd probably cost me between a 3rd and 5th round pick. I'm not usually an early QB drafter but I think I'd do it for a 5th, not sure about earlier.

Hang on to him at any costs. If he is fully recovered, he will stack championship upon championship for you.

This is no RG3 rookie fluke. Watson is the real deal.....and has it all.

For the past 4 weeks, which happen to be the IBL playoffs, Brady has stunk, performing as the #19 QB with an average of 14.5 points. He helped get me into the champion tier, but killed me in the playoffs. I should have trusted my gut and went with Goff.

#1 in that same span... Blake Bortles. :ninja:

And he will still in up ranked in the top ten for the season.

This all I'm looking for a top ten.

And I draft qbs very late, so I pray his stock drops and I will indeed be able too draft a top ten QB late.

I still trust him too be one.

Thanks for the reply.

Happy New Year.

Revelation 20:4.

Hang on to him at any costs. If he is fully recovered, he will stack championship upon championship for you.

Thanks, appreciate the insight. You aren't a Clemson homer, are you? :unsure:

I'm kinda leaning to your thinking though. I came into the season as the prohibitive favorite, but lacked a QB (Eli to start, then crap after Watson went down) and TE (ended up with guys like Doyle). Also lost DJ in week 1. Also grabbed Derrick Henry to handcuff Demarco and neither became startable. Finished in the bottom 4. PPR.

We lose a draft pick per keeper and I've got DJ, Keenan Allen, AJ Green, all of whom I'd probably keep, which makes Watson like a 4th round pick. Jordan Howard, probably keep as well. Brandin Cooks, eh, maybe with another year of seasoning in that offense, but mostly he gets PI calls and I'm kinda done with him. Demarco can lick my taint. Henry, I'd consider if they purge Murray and make him the man, which is what I hoped for this year.

Keepers cost money and we have a cap which I won't describe except to say I maybe couldn't keep all of those guys if I wanted. Plus it is unusual to keep a bunch of players when your team sucked ass the year before.

Long story short, not unlike an NFL team, it is probably worth keeping him on the chance that he is what you describe. :cheers:

No, definitely not a Clemson homer...lol. Just had a chance to watch him play several times, and was blown away by his abilities at the NFL level. Yeah, he had lucky long-bomb or two....but this kid is a straight -up baller. If he can stay healthy, he is the kind of QB that can win you weeks by himself.

i think that is a big "if" on being fully recovered. he still needs that explosiveness. can't lose a step and still be a top 5 QB, imo

i think that is a big "if" on being fully recovered. he still needs that explosiveness. can't lose a step and still be a top 5 QB, imo

No doubt...

1. Watson

2. Wentz

3. Rodgers

4. Garoppolo

- I'm incorporating draft cost/value here.

Wouldn't value depend on where you draft a QB.

I won't get Watson, Wentz, or Roders because I don't reach for qbs that early.

I can see them all going early n

Now I think if he returns next season A Luck could be a really good Value m

Funny how people tend to forget how many ff points he scores.