• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 giraldi02

giraldi02

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Les Bowen just confirmed on Twitter. Looks like they avoided the Shurmurinator as coach. Will be very interesting to see how his staff fills out though

WPIAFP

#2 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

fock, I guess :dunno:

#Royals

#3 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,834 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

If this is true I really hate the move. Why hire the understudy of the coach you just dismissed 3 years ago? Here's hoping I am wrong but it stinks of making the "comfortable" choice rather than the right one.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#4 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,299 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

If this is true I really hate the move. Why hire the understudy of the coach you just dismissed 3 years ago? Here's hoping I am wrong but it stinks of making the "comfortable" choice rather than the right one.

If the coaching tree under Belichik tells us anything, its just because a coach studied under someone, it doesnt mean they are similar.

#5 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,834 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

If the coaching tree under Belichik tells us anything, its just because a coach studied under someone, it doesnt mean they are similar.

I hope not but I can't really see any reason the Eagles would even interview Pederson other than his connection to Reid. His resume is very thin.

Then again Reid himself wasn't even a coordinator when he came to Philly. Maybe this move surprised me but I can't help but feel this move was made so that Pederson could be Howie Roseman's b1tch.

I don't like it. :thumbsdown:

#6 Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

I'm good with this hire.

#7 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,834 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

Okay I have stepped back from the ledge a little:

http://igglesblitz.c...g-pederson-day/

Interesting read on Coach Pederson.

#8 R8RMick

R8RMick

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

Any homer insight on DeMarco Murray's future in that offense? I mean, it can only get better right?

"The floggings will continue until morale improves..."

#9 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,834 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Any homer insight on DeMarco Murray's future in that offense? I mean, it can only get better right?

Murray had only 240 touches last year so he should be fresh.

The system last year was a horrible fit for Murray. The Eagles ran most plays out of shotgun including a lot of odd misdirection type plays and toss sweeps.

Assuming the O looks a little more traditional and the team addressed OL I can't see how Murray is worse.

#10 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,344 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:19 AM

I'm good with this hire.

Ha, me too. :D

But seriously - wtf would they do as MDC pointed out? Makes no sense at all... Even going back to the days of Jimmy - all of his understudy coaches failed - not sure that line of thinking works much these days.

#11 sirensong

sirensong

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:25 PM

obviously not a PHI homer, but i think it depends on how pederson is going to interpret the WC.  people remember montana and rice, but forget that roger craig was arguable the spark that made the engine run.  it's quite easy to see murray in that role.

#12 R8RMick

R8RMick

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

Just can't see them dumping Murray with that 2016 money due and the Chipster gone. He was a horrible fit for that offense, but if they run anything close to what the Fat Man in KC is running Murray should get some good work. You turn that guy loose in the right offense... he definitely has something to prove.
"The floggings will continue until morale improves..."

#13 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,847 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

He's the best clipboard holder in nfl history, so he can pass that knowledge down.

#14 DaBeerz

DaBeerz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

This really feels like a transitional hire, just to keep them going for a few years so they can tank and get draft picks. I don't think this guy is long term.

Also, Eagles need that QB, this division is still up for grabs. NYG hired Maaccadoo, or Mcadoo or whatever the ######, he's coughlin's boy. Basically that hire is the "Keep Eli happy so he resigns with us" hire. Washington will come back down to earth next season. Dallas is dangerous if Romo/Dez connection is healthy and working. Philly are in that bad spot where you can scrape into the playoffs to get blown out in the first round, then you get high draft picks and that doesn't help you much, so what. Build a team that can go deep and win.

#15 Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

This really feels like a transitional hire, just to keep them going for a few years so they can tank and get draft picks. I don't think this guy is long term.

Also, Eagles need that QB, this division is still up for grabs. NYG hired Maaccadoo, or Mcadoo or whatever the ######, he's coughlin's boy. Basically that hire is the "Keep Eli happy so he resigns with us" hire. Washington will come back down to earth next season. Dallas is dangerous if Romo/Dez connection is healthy and working. Philly are in that bad spot where you can scrape into the playoffs to get blown out in the first round, then you get high draft picks and that doesn't help you much, so what. Build a team that can go deep and win.

Eli is in the first year of his contract and he's 35. So no, that's not why they hired him

#16 DaBeerz

DaBeerz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

Eli is in the first year of his contract and he's 35. So no, that's not why they hired him

Yeah it is, they're all in with Eli now. Better keep him happy playing the same system.  

#17 Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

Yeah it is, they're all in with Eli now. Better keep him happy playing the same system.  

No, it's not. You said they wanted him Happy so he resigns with them. He has 4 years left on his contract and he's 35.

#18 DaBeerz

DaBeerz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

No, it's not. You said they wanted him Happy so he resigns with them. He has 4 years left on his contract and he's 35.

So he's signed for 4 more years, now all thier chips are on Eli, so they're keeping him happy by hiring the OC in house hire who won't change the system and make Eli learn a new playbook.  

#19 Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,199 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:02 PM

So he's signed for 4 more years, now all thier chips are on Eli, so they're keeping him happy by hiring the OC in house hire who won't change the system and make Eli learn a new playbook.  

So what does that have to do with him resigning?

#20 Aaron Rudnicki

Aaron Rudnicki

FF Geek

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

How does this help Murray an Matthews?

I am 41, but I have the hair line of a 70 year old man.

#21 giraldi02

giraldi02

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

Jim Schwartz will be the Eagles defensive coordinator...Not sure what my thoughts are on that. He definitely could get a lot out of the defensive line..

WPIAFP

#22 Aaron Rudnicki

Aaron Rudnicki

FF Geek

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Jim Schwartz will be the Eagles defensive coordinator...Not sure what my thoughts are on that. He definitely could get a lot out of the defensive line..

A big upgrade from what they had. Anything is better than what they had though.

He will be able to utilize the players they have to their fullest.

Not a bad defensive mind, but a horrible HC. 

#23 sirensong

sirensong

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

How does this help Murray an Matthews?

WC offense, not chiply weirdo shotgunning. 

#24 Aaron Rudnicki

Aaron Rudnicki

FF Geek

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

WC offense, not chiply weirdo shotgunning. 

Yes this should cut down on Murray running 7 yards to the right or left before cutting up field.

Murray will be cheap as heck this offseason do the the prisoner of the moment and the stock market mentality of the fantasy world.

Buy, buy, buy. 

#25 giraldi02

giraldi02

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

Eagles also reportedly keeping Fipp as special teams coordinator. Their defense will be on a ton of my MFL10s next year

WPIAFP

#26 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

I think there was an article that came out today indicating Reid would call a specific game plan based on scouting of another team in firt halves since Pittsburgh and then Peterson called second half after offensive coaches had an opportunity to scout how they were playing based on certain schemes and coverages. Let me see if I can find it.

Brad Childress promoted to offensive coordinator for Chiefs

#Royals

#27 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

Game calling info reported on twitter by @Jeff_McLane

#Royals

#28 Patriotsfatboy1

Patriotsfatboy1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,542 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Game calling info reported on twitter by @Jeff_McLane

I love the excuse that Reid and Pederson are spewing about why that last series took so long.  They have both said that they did not want to leave any time on the clock for Brady.  WTF does that mean?  If you are down by 2 TD's, you have to score as quickly as possible so that you have time for your second TD if you can get the ball back.  If you score quickly and get the ball back immediately, then you can worry about bleeding the clock on the 2nd TD.  However, if you take forever to score the first one (like they did), then it doesn't matter how much time Brady has because he doesn't have to score at that point. 

Either they came up with a really dumb excuse or they don't understand simple math.  Either way, they suck at clock management. 

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

#29 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,299 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

I will wait to pass judgement until i see the product on the field. Will Jmatth be this years Maclin? Hopefully healthier, and maybe even a little better.

#30 giraldi02

giraldi02

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

The Eagles dump Chip and start back with signing young players to cap friendly deals again.

Lane Johnson, Ertz, Vinny Curry all got extensions. Word is Fletcher Cox will get a major deal too very soon. Oh..and the racist POS Riley Cooper is gone.

The stink of the Chippah is fading with each passing day!

WPIAFP

#31 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

Don't feed the trolls.
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus

#32 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,255 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

:ninja:

#Royals

#33 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,255 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

good thing you aren't the eagles GM :dunno:

#Royals

#34 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 121,670 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Nailed it

#35 Eagles Green

Eagles Green

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Havent been here much.
MDC is and always will be a welching dooshnozzle
I hate you all

#36 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,834 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

I was wrong: Dougie P totally out coached Bill and made him his b1tch. :pointstosky:

#37 BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,358 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

I was wrong: Dougie P totally out coached Bill and made him his b1tch. :pointstosky:

Congratulations on the Championship! Your coach played to win. 

#38 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 121,670 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

:lol:

#39 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,834 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Congratulations on the Championship! Your coach played to win. 

He sure did. Bellicheat coaching such a horrible game was the icing on the cake. :first:

#40 The Next Generation

The Next Generation

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:56 AM

They out Bradied Brady and out Belichicked Belichick! :first: :clap: :overhead:

Resistance is Futile!