Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Thanksgiving on Friday.

For the 1st time ever, we are doing it on the Friday after (to accommodate my sister)... I've never been free before - besides the airport, police stations and hospitals, what else is open to watch some football?

chinese places

I would just stay home and binge watch something instead of watching any football games...

/rant on

I really can't stand the fact that some places are open on Thanksgiving, the people that are working should be home with their families. I can't stand the focking stores opening Thanksgiving night or any of that bullsh!t. Drives me nuts.

/rant off

/rant on

I really can't stand the fact that some places are open on Thanksgiving, the people that are working should be home with their families. I can't stand the focking stores opening Thanksgiving night or any of that bullsh!t. Drives me nuts.

/rant off

Why is that? Not every business is American owned with 100% American employees...

/rant on

/rant off

Not everyone wants to be home with their families or even has one. Plenty of people are happy to be making money instead.

Why is that? Not every business is American owned with 100% American employees...

Be nice if we could have one day for giving Thanks.

:dunno:

I'm conservative, capitalist, yadda yadda.. Just wish we could shut it down for one day.

I'm talking the Wal-Marts of the world here, obviously not needed services.

Not everyone wants to be home with their families or even has one. Plenty of people are happy to be making money instead.

Meh, friends, family, pets.. Whatever.

Very true... If you have a family that fights frequently, especially when alcohol gets involved, why bother?? Just go work and make some money...

For the 1st time ever, we are doing it on the Friday after (to accommodate my sister)... I've never been free before - besides the airport, police stations and hospitals, what else is open to watch some football?

when were you in jail?

Can size on this sister of yours?

Can size on this sister of yours?

Damn, the Geek club is slipping.. This should of been fired off before the 3rd post. lol

/rant on

/rant off

THis bored never runs out of things to be pissed about that's for sure. :mad:

/rant on

/rant off

Agree

/rant on

/rant off

This.

but some don't have a family.

THis bored never runs out of things to be pissed about that's for sure. :mad:

More sad than pissed.

:(

I'm conservative, capitalist, yadda yadda.. Just wish we could shut it down for one day.

MLK Day?

I'm talking the Wal-Marts of the world here, obviously not needed services.

You can shut it down and have a day of thanks but what conservative wants everyone to be forced to celebrate Thanksgiving in the manner you choose.

Stores would not be open if it weren’t profitable so some people like them to be open. If no one goes to the stores they would be closed.

What about all the people working the football games? Or the movie theaters, bowling alleys, golf courses, TV stations, etc.

Some of us don’t want to live in your world with your rules.

You can shut it down and have a day of thanks but what conservative wants everyone to be forced to celebrate Thanksgiving in the manner you choose.

Stores would not be open if it weren’t profitable so some people like them to be open. If no one goes to the stores they would be closed.

What about all the people working the football games? Or the movie theaters, bowling alleys, golf courses, TV stations, etc.

Some of us don’t want to live in your world with your rules.

it was just a thought, feel free to ignore.

:thumbsup:

JC, I have a seat for you at our thanksgiving :cheers:

/rant on

/rant off

My daughter is a server at Denny's. She is working thanksgiving, apparently it is a busy day.

I travel a lot for business (in LA now in fact) and while I've never missed a major holiday, I've missed things like anniversaries and birthdays. My wife and I decided long ago that the actual calendar day isn't important. Cruzer celebrating on Friday? No big deal. :dunno:

I was often in that scenario in the past. If it makes you feel any better, most of the bars that I knew of? They wouldn't open until like 6 p.m. or something like that. It was kind of Best of Both Worlds. Staff got time to hang out with their family. Plus staff got a huge huge bar night. Everybody won.

Used to be that UT and A&M would historically play that night. Staff would probably kill you if you closed on such a night.

And, bear in mind, a lot of them don't have families either.

One thing our country seems to be getting right is that more and more of them are forgoing the Thursday night s*** shows at shopping centers.