Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Worst band ever?

Nickleback is the worst band over. They single handily destroyed rock.

It's so "in" to say that isn't it?

Nb is fine. They're not pink Floyd but they're not horrible

Nirvana, particularly Kurt Cobain, destroyed rock.

Nickleback is horrible. C'mon, they just are. I have to change the channel immediately if their music ever comes on.

Cmon

Cmon

Cobain was the face of grunge. Grunge was the end of rock. Yiu coukd only listen to so much of that melancholy stuff. After that fad was over, rock has yet to resume its spot at the top.

Cobain was the face of grunge. Grunge was the end of rock. Yiu coukd only listen to so much of that melancholy stuff. After that fad was over, rock has yet to resume its spot at the top.

There's a lot of great rock out there. I think music has become so diversified / specialized that no band is ever going to achieve a level of a U2 for example again. The internet killed rock super groups more than anything IMO.

There's a lot of great rock out there. I think music has become so diversified / specialized that no band is ever going to achieve a level of a U2 for example again. The internet killed rock super groups more than anything IMO.

I am being a bit hyperbolic here for sure, but there is some truth to it. Old rockers have yet to be replaced. The biggest tours are still the old guys. What you say has truth to it, that music went a lot of different ways during and after grunge, but no one came along to take the helm of the top of the rock scene after it. Grunge is a line where not much on a big scale came after it.

This is for porkbutt

:pointstosky:\

also...colonel hampton...the fat guy in 2nd video still...just keeled over onstage a week ago. i met him a couple times.

Do you like The Foo Fighters?

Do you like The Foo Fighters?

I like their music, but think Dave Grohl is a douche. But they have never reached the hights of rock bands from the 60's and 70's.

I like their music, but think Dave Grohl is a douche. But they have never reached the hights of rock bands from the 60's and 70's.

Unfortunately I wasn't alive the 60s, but 60s rock and folk music are my favorite. The Foo Fighters were just one of my favorite bands growing up. Yes Dave Growl is a douche.

This is for porkbutt

Dang, I was just coming to say "Where's Karl and his lawnmower blade when you need him?"

:wave:

There's only 1 band that can cover Pink Floyd worth a chit.

:bandana:

There's only 1 band that can cover Pink Floyd worth a chit.

:bandana:

Primus sucks