Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Rounds 7-10 Commentary - July PPR Mock 2018 **

Ron Jones, rookie RB, Tampa Bay was a fine pick for me.......I hope. I had one other RB I was considering, but looking for upside here with my RB3. His ADP was 5.07, so two rounds later is value IMO.

I took a WR with my 6th round pick as both drafters behind me had 3 RBs, so I thought I would be safe as they probably wouldn't take a fourth (I was wrong tho, as Hyde was taken!)

Ron Jones, rookie RB, Tampa Bay was a fine pick for me.......I hope. I had one other RB I was considering, but looking for upside here with my RB3. His ADP was 5.07, so two rounds later is value IMO.

I took a WR with my 6th round pick as both drafters behind me had 3 RBs, so I thought I would be safe as they probably wouldn't take a fourth (I was wrong tho, as Hyde was taken!)

Nice pick. It's going to be another two weeks until I have the draft board I want ready. Had I been thinking correctly and not thinking "it's time for a WR," I would have taken Jones at 6.09.

Either way, I like Rex as my top backup RB. As I said in my last article, when he and Lewis were both healthy last year after Gillislee's promotion, Burkhead was the more productive fantasy player.

Was considered when I took dion lewis.

Getting Sanders as my #3 Wr was a bonus. His skills match up well with what Keenum does best........timing routes. Sanders is a great route runner. Trevor Siemian had success with him for this reason. I'm looking for 875 and 5or 6 td's.

Getting Sanders as my #3 Wr was a bonus. His skills match up well with what Keenum does best........timing routes. Sanders is a great route runner. Trevor Siemian had success with him for this reason. I'm looking for 875 and 5or 6 td's.

One of several guys I was hoping might make it back to me with my next pick.

Not going to lie. Had no clue brees was available. I usually target Cam anyway if I can get him in a decent spot in 4 point passing leagues... but would have snagged drew.

Shame on me but also likely a product of the slow pace

I'm mostly in MFL leagues and drafts are slow email types. I've come to prefer the long form draft as I have more time to project picks/prognosticate what might be available later on.

I've tried to be as timely as possible on my picks in this mock for the sake of the exercise, but I have no qualms with the current pace.

Shovel, would you have taken Corey Davis if I had taken Marlon Mack ahead of you? I was debating between Davis and Mack in the 7th round and took Davis first thinking I could take Mack in the 8th. You snagged him from me.

I'm mostly in MFL leagues and drafts are slow email types. I've come to prefer the long form draft as I have more time to project picks/prognosticate what might be available later on.

I've tried to be as timely as possible on my picks in this mock for the sake of the exercise, but I have no qualms with the current pace.

I, too, prefer slow drafts. But when they are declared slow drafts up front. I'm on the West Coast and on vacation, so my dumb ass is setting an alarm every morning at 6:00 to check in because I don't want to slow things down (and, oddly enough, every day has ended within a couple picks of my turn so I'm close to being on the clock every morning).

I'd have no qualms either, if I wasn't having to get up every morning of my vacation (and then having to wait around for my turn).

With the invention of the smart phone it makes it pretty easy to check in here throughout the day. When any of us know we are unable to be on our phone or computer for a while we should be giving someone a list so they can make picks for us. If something just pops up quick and you're gone for a while then not much can be done and I think that's understandable.

I really enjoy doing this so I try to check in often.

In a real league I don't mind a slow roll but for a mock I find it unecessary

Considered Cam, Mack and Edelman at 7.9

I didn't think Eldelman would make it past you WW.... <_<

Great value on Edelman. I would have been happy with him as my WR2 and just use full ins until the suspension is over

Robbie was my 29th rated Wr. I have him rated above Sanders and hoped he would fall back to me in round 8. (900 yards and 6 or 7 Td's) Hopefully he won't catch a suspension, and if he does, he's my #4 wr..

Shovel, would you have taken Corey Davis if I had taken Marlon Mack ahead of you? I was debating between Davis and Mack in the 7th round and took Davis first thinking I could take Mack in the 8th. You snagged him from me.

No, not a lot of confidence in that Titans offense.

No, not a lot of confidence in that Titans offense.

Crap. I had Mack typed in then deleted him for Davis.

I was between Crowder and jones. If our starting lineup had a flex and you could roll 4 WRs that was prob my pick.

Maybe we were a year early on Crowder

Demarco Murray is retiring today. He had an odd career.

He sure did.....

I really don't know what to expect out of CJA, but an improvement over 2017 J-Stew is a good place to start. I'll take a shot on him as my RB4 in the ninth round.

Easily the slowest FFT draft I have ever participated in. It's a shame.

To put this draft into some context, I'm also doing a slow draft as part of the Scott Fish Bowl. We started roughly the same time and that draft is only five picks ahead of this one (and I anticipate this one passing that one shortly). The SFB draft is supposedly filled with mostly "experts" and some fans who qualified via satellite leagues.

To put this draft into some context, I'm also doing a slow draft as part of the Scott Fish Bowl. We started roughly the same time and that draft is only five picks ahead of this one (and I anticipate this one passing that one shortly). The SFB draft is supposedly filled with mostly "experts" and some fans who qualified via satellite leagues.

I feel a real draft would take a little more time compared to a mock. We should be putting thought into picks but no need to over think. Most of the delays so far I believe are just from lack of paying attention.

Its been slow but certainly not terrible. Ive been in worse. Im not sure its fair to compare it to the June mock as I think it was on record pace.

I think you just supported remote's point (and maybe you meant to). The slow draft that you started at the same time is ahead of this draft. And, to my knowledge, this was not designed to be a "slow" draft. We're averaging less than two rounds a day. The June mock was almost done by this point, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Maybe it's not a fair comparison to put this one up against this years June mock, but less than 8 1/2 rounds in five days is kinda sad.

Real league or mock?

Are you familiar with the Scott Fish Bowl?

nope, other than it being "experts".

my point was if its a real league, you can't compare the speed to a mock. A mock by nature should be much quicker.

edit: just took a peek. looks like a real league? so my point stands.

nope, other than it being "experts".

my point was if its a real league, you can't compare the speed to a mock. A mock by nature should be much quicker.

edit: just took a peek. looks like a real league? so my point stands.

Yeah. Its a huge, real draft. I think we were all making the same point, a real draft should take longer than this mock.

I feel a real draft would take a little more time compared to a mock. We should be putting thought into picks but no need to over think. Most of the delays so far I believe are just from lack of paying attention.

Its been slow but certainly not terrible. Ive been in worse. Im not sure its fair to compare it to the June mock as I think it was on record pace.

We are supposed to be thinking about these picks?

We are supposed to be thinking about these picks?

I only said some thought. Let not stress out about it.