Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Got laid off today

Sales, my last position was at the director level, but the owner wouldnt let me direct ######

Hrmmm... Uhhh... was going suggest looking at the Fed Gov.... with an MBA you should be able to qualify hands down for at least GS-09 positions, now that's just starting, but the benefits are pretty decent, and you could "buy back" your active duty military years. Good pension... health insurance... 401k... etc

First 3 here have a Vets hiring preference, actually pretty much every job has a vets hiring preference meaning if 20 people make the hiring list, and 3 of them are vets, the person hiring only sees the 3 vets to hire. He can't even see the other 17 unless he has a very valid reason to pass over the first 3, which almost never happens.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502496100

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502369300

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502625300

How much were you paid at your last job and how much do you have to make? Realize when you get into the feds you're not going to straight to the top. But the main point is to get your foot in the door with a fed agency... then... mmmhmmm... there are alot of gs 09/11/12 jobs. So if you start out as a GS 09 ($57,777 starting out)... in a year you'd get a GS-11 ($69,904) and then a year later you'd get a GS-12 ($83,787 starting out).

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/18Tables/html/HOU.aspx

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502369300[/url]

there are alot of gs 09/11/12 jobs. So if you start out as a GS 09 ($57,777 starting out)... in a year you'd get a GS-11 ($69,904) and then a year later you'd get a GS-12 ($83,787 starting out).

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/18Tables/html/HOU.aspx

You don't want a 9-11-12 job. The last guys that had that? Benghazi.

True

You know that's not true right?

i thought digby was supported by his brother in law (or a story goes)

Was talking Mung

I thought ww was taking a poke at digby

Washing lettuce, but its a start :banana:

With hard work, sky's the limit. A friend of a friend started off as a lettuce washer twelve years ago and is now assistant night manager.

Congrats man. Happy for you. Did you enjoy your time off?

Broke my kneecap and been focusing on physical therapy, but now I can walk, so it worked out.

Broke my kneecap and been focusing on physical therapy, but now I can walk, so it worked out.

Ouch. I dont envy that at all. At least youre walking now though

Soon... you'll be running bro!

Soon... you'll be running bro!

I had to miss the marathon this year, my goal is a 5K in May. It just takes so damn long to get back at it.

The funny part is at PT yesterday the therapist was saying that she feels a tick in my knee. I told her to feel the other one, feel my hips, feel my shoulders... Im a 43 year old man, things click

I had to miss the marathon this year, my goal is a 5K in May. It just takes so damn long to get back at it.

The funny part is at PT yesterday the therapist was saying that she feels a tick in my knee. I told her to feel the other one, feel my hips, feel my shoulders... Im a 43 year old man, things click

Haha.. VA taking care of you big green?

Sales. Man, that screams 'I have no marketable skills'.

if this was a serious comment, you couldn't be more off.... and no, I'm not in sales.... but sales needs crazy people and networking skills, dedication to traveling all the time to conferences, marketing skills....... plus top sales people in the right fields make a TON

so much for the summer of Mung. get well soon.

so much for the summer of Mung. get well soon.

Thank God there was no summer of Mung.

I tell ya, those pitchers of Mungaritas are disgusting.

if this was a serious comment, you couldn't be more off.... and no, I'm not in sales.... but sales needs crazy people and networking skills, dedication to traveling all the time to conferences, marketing skills....... plus top sales people in the right fields make a TON

This could just be a hunch, but I think its hard for baby boomers to fully appreciate the grind that a sales commission job takes.

This could just be a hunch, but I think its hard for baby boomers to fully appreciate the grind that a sales commission job takes.

The world went to hell in a handbasket when Herb Tarlek retired.

So, now you're selling a new line of slip resistant dog toys?

I told her to feel the other one, feel my hips, feel my shoulders...

Missed opportunity.