Sign in to follow this  
Gypsybrat

Le'Veon Bell

I think Traine should be an example to people afraid to take on crappy teams. He had one of the worst teams in the league 2 years ago. Now, hes set up to compete for the next 4-5 years. Id say Montana has 4 of the 5 best teams in the league.

I normally dont want my trade offers made public, but with the deadline passed, Ill share the 2 offers I made:

Bell straight up, I offered:

Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, and a 1st....then I decided to get crazy and go big.

For Bell and a 1st, I offered:

-Crowell: age 24.

-Montgomery: age 24.

-John Ross: age 21, a WR that went #9 in NFL draft.

-1st rounder 2018

-1st rounder 2019

-2nd rounder 2018

-3rd rounder 2019

I obviously get the concept of not trading a dollar for four quarters...but for a team looking to rebuild I thought this to be an overwhelming offer.

Crowell and Montgomery are solid FF starters already. Crowell will be much better if they get a QB next year, and Montgomery is a stud in a PPR league with Rodgers back.

Ross has been hurt, but he is a rookie WR that went top 10 in the NFL draft, will always see the other teams 2nd best corner, and he has youngish QB stability....Then the picks are weighed lotto tickets.

I felt it was an offer that required lots to go wrong for the Kats to have any regrets...and if just a little bit goes right, they are off and running and I look like the fool.

But Cook and Adams are solid also.

I normally dont want my trade offers made public, but with the deadline passed, Ill share the 2 offers I made:

Bell straight up, I offered:

Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, and a 1st....then I decided to get crazy and go big.

For Bell and a 1st, I offered:

-Crowell: age 24.

-Montgomery: age 24.

-John Ross: age 21, a WR that went #9 in NFL draft.

-1st rounder 2018

-1st rounder 2019

-2nd rounder 2018

-3rd rounder 2019

I obviously get the concept of not trading a dollar for four quarters...but for a team looking to rebuild I thought this to be an overwhelming offer.

Crowell and Montgomery are solid FF starters already. Crowell will be much better if they get a QB next year, and Montgomery is a stud in a PPR league with Rodgers back.

Ross has been hurt, but he is a rookie WR that went top 10 in the NFL draft, will always see the other teams 2nd best corner, and he has youngish QB stability....Then the picks are weighed lotto tickets.

I felt it was an offer that required lots to go wrong for the Kats to have any regrets...and if just a little bit goes right, they are off and running and I look like the fool.

But Cook and Adams are solid also.

see, for the slack I get for certain offers I make (real ones), that first offer for bell is basically offering the muddled Green Bay backfield (which can only result, at best, in 1 startable player) and a 1st rounder for Bell. No Bueno.

The 2nd offer has merit. 2 young, talented backs. One on a crappy team, one who just needs to stay healthy. A WR who has not produced anything to date but should have the speculative talent and a bunch of picks.

I view that second offer favorable to my Hyde, Zay Jones, 2019 1st anf 2018 2nd. Hyde being a better RB and you offering a few more later picks

The offers that have been posted here, were all adequate offers. It was not my intention to bring to light some godawful trade proposals, but instead to show that they were all relatively equal.....and if they were all relatively equal and you think your offers were fair, there was little justification for the backlash.

None of the trades posted here were disregarded out of hand....Sux and I actually discussed the pros and cons and decided on the trade we thought that would make us stronger for next year.....We are not doing a rebuild. But boy was it bitter trading one of the top FF players to the best team in the league (sorry CBF...you dont know how it pains me to say that....fix your damn team!)

So why did we take the trade we did take? Dalvin Cook. We think the kids gonna be special......Jamaal Charles special...not Gary special. Coupled with Adams, who is a solid WR2 and can help us immediately, it fit best with our plans of tweaking our team for next year.

on a side note, it was a little easier trading Bell with his uncertain future........already 2 suspensions from the leagues substance abuse policy, UFA next year, Big Ben possibly retiring.

The offers that have been posted here, were all adequate offers. It was not my intention to bring to light some godawful trade proposals, but instead to show that they were all relatively equal.....and if they were all relatively equal and you think your offers were fair, there was little justification for the backlash.

None of the trades posted here were disregarded out of hand....Sux and I actually discussed the pros and cons and decided on the trade we thought that would make us stronger for next year.....We are not doing a rebuild. But boy was it bitter trading one of the top FF players to the best team in the league (sorry CBF...you dont know how it pains me to say that....fix your damn team!)

So why did we take the trade we did take? Dalvin Cook. We think the kids gonna be special......Jamaal Charles special...not Gary special. Coupled with Adams, who is a solid WR2 and can help us immediately, it fit best with our plans of tweaking our team for next year.

on a side note, it was a little easier trading Bell with his uncertain future........already 2 suspensions from the leagues substance abuse policy, UFA next year, Big Ben possibly retiring.

1. You received no backlash from I. If you believe Dalvin Cook is the next great one, Ill be making offseason offers for him shortly.

2. It takes numerous seasons of dominance to be crowned the greatest team of all time. I just finished a 37-5 three season stretch of dominance, Neckbeards may lose that many games this season, and in spite of a poor regular season, my franchise has actually improved its long term outlook during this down season. In other words, your fantasy savior is still just that, as it is meant to be.

my only issue is that I have heard Cooks injury could have been so severe he might not be 100% ever again

It was an ACL. At this point the list of RBs that have torn one and returned to normal is longer than the list of RBs that have never torn one.

It was an ACL. At this point the list of RBs that have torn one and returned to normal is longer than the list of RBs that have never torn one.

I could have sworn when it was announced originally it was ACL, MCL and PCL, but I can't find that

ACL is no worry, but its usually a good year + for them to bounce back

I offered Corey Coleman, Kelvin Benjamin, Aamer Abdullah

:dunno:

Junk, soon to be junk, and puke. :wave: