Sign in to follow this  
bgladney1

Setting up Buddy

Been using the Draft Buddy for several years and it has helped (Placed each of the past five years). Going into my sixth year, we have changed some things and not sure how to input the amount of players into Buddy.

We have 23 Roster Spots, 15 Starters and several options. Here is a list of our mins and max:

Quarterback (QB) 1 3 Running Back (RB) 1 5 Running Back/Wide Receiver (RB/WR) 1 N/A Wide Receiver (WR) 2 7 Wide Receiver/Tight End (WR/TE) 1 N/A Tight End (TE) 1 3 Defensive Tackle (DT) 0 5 Defensive End (DE) 0 5 Linebacker (LB) 0 No Limit Cornerback (CB) 0 No Limit Safety (S) 0 No Limit Defensive Back (DB) 3 N/A Defensive Player Utility (DP) 4 N/A Place Kicker (K) 1 3

How should I input this into Draft Buddy?

Hi bgladney. Can I just re-type this for clarity? Is this it:

Quarterback (QB) 1 to 3

Running Back (RB) 1 to 5

Running Back/Wide Receiver (RB/WR) 1

Wide Receiver (WR) 2 to 7

Wide Receiver/Tight End (WR/TE) 1

Tight End (TE) 1 to 3

Place Kicker (K) 1 to 3

Defensive Tackle (DT) 0 to 5

Defensive End (DE) 0 to 5

Linebacker (LB) 0 No Limit

Cornerback (CB) 0 No Limit

Safety (S) 0 No Limit

Defensive Back (DB) 3

Defensive Player Utility (DP) 4

Is that right? How many total starting spots for QB+RB+WR+TE+K and how many total starting spots for D players?

Okay, glad I asked you to clarify!

This is what I would do:

- starters 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 0 TE, 1 K, O-Flex 1

Then check off that RB, WR and TE are included in the Flex.

Also, check that WR and TE are combined. Make sure the WR and TE scoring are the same on the scoring tab.

My reason for doing it this way is because, since there isn't a defined TE, we might as well combine TE with the WR as one position. I realize you can only use a TE in that one WR/TE flex spot, but based on points only about 8-10 TE should be included in the Top 40 WR. Those would be the only TE that would fill that flex spot, and the rest would be WR, so that should be fine.

The 1 O-Flex spot we define is for the RB/WR starter.

Sound good?

As for defense, that is pretty straight forward. Starters 3 DB, 4 D-Flex, and check of all of DL, LB and DB.

• Like 1