Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

online girl meets guy thing

Did I miss where she says how old she is? She does seem to be into botox/plastic surgery just by looking at the pic. Doesn't seem completely natural if it matters to you. And NEVER show you are more interested in her than she is in you. You never want to show that even if you feel it. I think you are over analyzing, unless you are just looking for fun. If you are looking for serious, you just need to go with the flow and not stress about it. Meet up and see. She may not be all that you think she is and you would have driven yourself nuts in the process. Of course she could be and you may drive yourself nuts in that process as well, but don't. Trust me, women hate guys that appear desperate.

She looks like she was born with a schlong, and likes the Baltimore schlong

Wouldn't be suprised if she blurted out "I fawked Michael Jordan!" at dinner.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be suprised if she blurted out "I fawked Michael Jordan!" at dinner.

:thumbsup:

This guy is smart.

She's 31. I'm 41. She had said on her profile a couple weeks ago (before I wrote her or even signed up for online dating) that she was looking for a guy age 32-45, then she changed it to 32-40. I then wrote her. My age range I'm seeking says 32-43.

The lot of make up is something I noticed; I also noticed she didn't provide a full body shot. I'm OK if she ends up not being thin. She describes herself as "average body type". I do actually like that she cares enough to wear makeup the way she does, I can tell she tries to make herself look good. She seems nice.

That is a ton of makeup. And I thought she was minimum late 30s. If you find you have interests in common and enjoy each other's company, physical stuff may not matter in the end. Just take it a step at a time, and again, never appear eager. Even if you have nothing going on outside of work and are free as a bird, make it seem to her you have a life with plans. Trust me. Nothing's worse than a guy living for you. It's flattering at first but quickly becomes a big downer and drain regardless of how otherwise compatible you may be.

And drunk!

She's going to date Gepetto, to prove to her mom that she's over her baby daddy in prison.

That is a ton of makeup. And I thought she was minimum late 30s. If you find you have interests in common and enjoy each other's company, physical stuff may not matter in the end. Just take it a step at a time, and again, never appear eager. Even if you have nothing going on outside of work and are free as a bird, make it seem to her you have a life with plans. Trust me. Nothing's worse than I guy living for you. It's flattering at first but quickly becomes a big downer and drain regardless of how compatible otherwise you may be.

Well I do work. But I'm looking forward to golfing and fishing this spring and summer. I worked on my deck today. I watch a lot of sports and am into my hobbies. I used to go out a ton, but I'm past that stage. I go out when I'm dating a girl of course though. That's what I did every weekend Jan, Feb, and March. I don't overwhelm the girl I'm with though, quite the opposite, I think in fact that's why my relationship ended. I'm so comfortable and fine being alone. I didn't contact my girlfriend for 3 days, and she just so happened to get really sick and miss work and had to go to the doctor twice to get antibiotic and pain shots. She of course didn't contact me either. Then when I did get in touch she got really pissed, freaked out and then did the silent treatment. When she ignored two of my messages, asking "how are you now?" and "when is a good time to call you?, 24 hours later I texted her "this is totally unacceptable, I need a relationship with open communication...". That ended our relationship.

She looks like she was born with a schlong, and likes the Baltimore schlong

BruuuuuuuuuuuutaL!

Well I do work. But I'm looking forward to golfing and fishing this spring and summer. I worked on my deck today. I watch a lot of sports and am into my hobbies. I used to go out a ton, but I'm past that stage. I go out when I'm dating a girl of course though. That's what I did every weekend Jan, Feb, and March. I don't overwhelm the girl I'm with though, quite the opposite, I think in fact that's why my relationship ended. I'm so comfortable and fine being alone. I didn't contact my girlfriend for 3 days, and she just so happened to get really sick and miss work and had to go to the doctor twice to get antibiotic and pain shots. She of course didn't contact me either. Then when I did get in touch she got really pissed, freaked out and then did the silent treatment. When she ignored to of my messages, asking "how are you now?" and "when is a good time to call you?, 24 hours later I texted her "this is totally unacceptable, I need a relationship with open communication...". That ended our relationship.

You have a life even when you don't when it comes to dating. Even if you are in a great relationship, you have a life. Other than that, be yourself and hopefully she will too. When the date ends, so should such analyzing. Just go with the flow.

Jeezus, you guys are total d-bags, some of you.

This surprises you? Are you new?

I consider it my duty as a geek for over a decade now to occasionally offer my pound of flesh as sacrifice for the greater entertainment. Hence these classic Titans threads...

The one where I wrote a poem for my wife

The declaration of independence thread

My recent hooker thread

I knew each time I created these, and others I forget, that I was gonna get pummeled. Hell, rp still bumps that crap, and some of it is old.

It was my turn to be the victim of fight Club. Now it is yours. Do your duty and suck it up.

Jeezus, you guys are total d-bags, some of you.

We're just looking out for you, petto.

I'd bet my left testical that she has at least 1 kid. Looking for a nice guy, to settle down with. Someone to play daddy, because daddy is MIA. The painted on eyebrows, hoop earrings and lipstick liner are a dead giveaway.

You should know better man.

Being a diick works...but in my opinion it doesn't work because of the diickhead factor. Chicks just like confidence.

What has always worked best for me is.... I'll let a girl know I'm interested in learning more about her. But she also has to know that I'm the one that will be sizing her up and determining if I want it to go anywhere.

Once upon a time I had trouble meeting girls. And it was because I placed them on a pedestal and felt like i had to convince them to date me. But once I had them and got past that initial pedestal phase, I always realized that they are just as lucky to be with me, and in many cases luckier. So as I experienced that enough, I decided to just start off that way with them. No pedestals, you impress me. There was an element of "fake it til you make it" with the mindset at first, but then it became who I actually was.

Summarized, I don't think girls like diicks because they are diicks. I think girls like confident guys.. It just so happens diicks tend to be confident.

This surprises you? Are you new?

I consider it my duty as a geek for over a decade now to occasionally offer my pound of flesh as sacrifice for the greater entertainment. Hence these classic Titans threads...

The one where I wrote a poem for my wife

The declaration of independence thread

My recent hooker thread

I knew each time I created these, and others I forget, that I was gonna get pummeled. Hell, rp still bumps that crap, and some of it is old.

It was my turn to be the victim of fight Club. Now it is yours. Do your duty and suck it up.

Wasn't talking to you. I'm not going to just sit back and let people say she has a d!ck. WTF, psycho d-bags those that said that are.

Wasn't talking to you. I'm not going to just sit back and let people say she has a d!ck. WTF, psycho d-bags those that said that are.

It's your azz on the line man...

We're just looking out for you, petto.

I'd bet my left testical that she has at least 1 kid. Looking for a nice guy, to settle down with. Someone to play daddy, because daddy is MIA. The painted on eyebrows, hoop earrings and lipstick liner are a dead giveaway.

You should know better man.

I love hoop errings on a girl, hot! She doesn't have a kid and she's never been married. I wrote all this in this thread. I filter any girls with kids out of my match searches.

She's very serious about finding a serious relationship, a lifetime partner she says.

Being a diick works...but in my opinion it doesn't work because of the diickhead factor. Chicks just like confidence.

What has always worked best for me is.... I'll let a girl know I'm interested in learning more about her. But she also has to know that I'm the one that will be sizing her up and determining if I want it to go anywhere.

Once upon a time I had trouble meeting girls. And it was because I placed them on a pedestal and felt like i had to convince them to date me. But once I had them and got past that initial pedestal phase, I always realized that they are just as lucky to be with me, and in many cases luckier. So as I experienced that enough, I decided to just start off that way with them. No pedestals, you impress me. There was an element of "fake it til you make it" with the mindset at first, but then it became who I actually was.

Summarized, I don't think girls like diicks because they are diicks. I think girls like confident guys.. It just so happens diicks tend to be confident.

I think for most of the female population, you are correct.

But there seems to be a shockingly large portion of the female population that enjoys being abused in various ways. That's where the d!cks hunt.

This was great advice 15 years ago. Now you are literally yesterday's news if you wait a day. She's already 20 messages past yours and if she remembers your name it's a miracle by then. Respond in 10 min or so, not a day or even half a day.

Eh nah. Overwhelmed like I am? Sounds like a badly veiled attempt to brag. In real life women love the ladykiller since they can sense and react to your confidence, but online and in text it doesn't translate unless your an obvious stud. Plus they know it's just plain bull and are well aware that women get tons of messages. They understand the wolf/sheep dynamic of online dating.

Love these Gepetto threads. The combination and delicate balance of trainwreck/valuable lessons is classic.

I've never done the online dating thing so I'm inclined to defer to your wisdom. But I can't quite do it, because hand is hand in any communication medium. You can be one of 20 guys desperately messaging her, or you can be the guy who is confident enough to wait. I like my odds better in the latter situation.

And I had already said that I didn't like his mentioning that he thinks she is getting a ton of messages. I was trying to put lipstick on a pig, fixing his comment.

I've never done the online dating thing so I'm inclined to defer to your wisdom. But I can't quite do it, because hand is hand in any communication medium. You can be one of 20 guys desperately messaging her, or you can be the guy who is confident enough to wait. I like my odds better in the latter situation.

And I had already said that I didn't like his mentioning that he thinks she is getting a ton of messages. I was trying to put lipstick on a pig, fixing his comment.

I tend to fall in the middle. He's right... A day is forever in ewhore time. She getting dozens of emails.

Ten minutes? That's two short.

Id go about two hours or so.

But then, he's the wilt chamberlain of cyberspace, and I'm some putz. So start the fock do I know.

No way will I respond in 10 minutes, when she took 2 days. Plus, I need to think about how best to respond, and ask all of you for advice.

I tend to fall in the middle. He's right... A day is forever in ewhore time. She getting dozens of emails.

But then, he's the wilt chamberlain of cyberspace, and I'm some putz. So start the fock do I know.

So 12 minutes?

Hand is hand. We can quibble about the delay time in response but if you are in the mix with 20 other guys bombarding her with messages, you have lost IMO. You need to be the confident guy such that when she sees you messaged her, her heart races a bit.

Ok, I'm going try to answer as serious I can.

I think you are a little too calculated and over analytical about the whole thing. Getting to know someone should be organic and natural. That's the whole problem with online dating. It uses all of these moral compasses and pragmatic bs to match people to one another. Just look at the naomi thread as an example.

If you think she's a cool chick, just say "no, worries... what have you been up to lately?" or something similarly normal and non-confrontational. Get to know her a little and see where it leads. Getting all combative and arrogant just makes you look like a doosh. Granted I don't know you very well, but you don't come off like the doosh type. You seem like a genuinely nice dude, looking for a nice girl.

Just be yourself man!

I think you are a little too calculated and over analytical about the whole thing. Getting to know someone should be organic and natural. That's the whole problem with online dating. It uses all of these moral compasses and pragmatic bs to match people to one another. Just look at the naomi thread as an example.

If you think she's a cool chick, just say "no, worries... what have you been up to lately?" or something similarly normal and non-confrontational. Get to know her a little and see where it leads. Getting all combative and arrogant just makes you look like a doosh. Granted I don't know you very well, but you don't come off like the doosh type. You seem like a genuinely nice dude, looking for a nice girl.

Just be yourself man!

If you are looking for poosay, listen to cbfalcon

If you are looking for the future ex Mrs gepetto, listen to mob.

Just be yourself man!

You're on a roll here tonight buddy! lol

This is a pretty good post. I've never been "attracted to diicks" myself, but I agree about the ill effects of placing someone on a pedestal.

If I feel a guy needs me to convince him to date me though, it makes me uncomfortable. It doesn't feel natural and it's not alluring. He can't be on one either. With my intern boss some have used the phrasing that I had him on a pedestal (recognized how good looking he was, etc) but I never ever felt like I needed to earn his approval. Yeah I admired certain things about him but it was obvious that if I was open to more with him, that's all it would take. I wish I had a better example than that, but it's the only pedestal relevant dynamic I can think of. The last guy I dated actually did have me on one, yet I believed in him from a compassionate standpoint so instead of being turned off by his insecurities, I just wanted to see him grow out of them. We had a ton of raw physical attraction though so maybe it overcame stuff that would otherwise matter.

This is a pretty good post. I've never been "attracted to diicks" myself, but I agree about the ill effects of placing someone on a pedestal.

If I feel a guy needs me to convince him to date me though, it makes me uncomfortable. It doesn't feel natural and it's not alluring. He can't be on one either. With my intern boss some have used the phrasing that I had him on a pedestal (recognized how good looking he was, etc) but I never ever felt like I needed to earn his approval. Yeah I admired certain things about him but it was obvious that if I was open to more with him, that's all it would take. I wish I had a better example than that, but it's the only pedestal relevant dynamic I can think of. The last guy I dated actually did have me on one, yet I believed in him from a compassionate standpoint so instead of being turned off by his insecurities, I just wanted to see him grow out of them. We had a ton of raw physical attraction though so maybe it overcame stuff that would otherwise matter.

It's not so much that a guy should literally tell a girl to impress him, or even go out of his way to make her feel that way. But the "impress me" mindset is kind of a shortcut to how a guy needs to feel in order to be confident.

The key thing to know is hot girls get a ton of attention. As a result, they usually have 5 guys kissing their ass at any given time. And they know that there will be 5 more next week.

But those aren't the guys they will want. Why? Because it's the same "you're so pretty" that they've heard 4 times that week already. It's boring.

Instead they will be attracted to the rare guy that appears to have 5 girls vying for his attention at any given time, and will have 5 more the week after. As this guy is on her level and in many cases even higher.

How do you come off as that guy? It's a bit tricky. As you do have to face the facts and realize she likely won't ever see your profile unless you send the first message. But you have to seem confident, fun, and not too worried about whether or not she responds. That in itself is somewhat fresh to a girl that gets her ass kissed daily.

A super simple method: Instead of reading her profile like a dude with a crush, imagine Naomi or Old Maid had the guts to post their dating profile here in a thread. Read that profile like we all would: looking for stupid stuff they wrote so that we could kick them in the balls in that thread....then once you latch on to something dumb in their profile (trust me. The girl wrote something you can make fun of) send a message playfully making fun of them. Done. It's unique enough that if you ever had a chance, they'll likely respond.

A super simple method: Instead of reading her profile like a dude with a crush, imagine Naomi or Old Maid had the guts to post their dating profile here in a thread. Read that profile like we all would: looking for stupid stuff they wrote so that we could kick them in the balls in that thread....then once you latch on to something dumb in their profile (trust me. The girl wrote something you can make fun of) send a message playfully making fun of them. Done. It's unique enough that if you ever had a chance, they'll likely respond.

I've tried that on match.com, doesn't work. What works is a quick funny line drawn from something in their profile, but not making fun of what she wrote in anyway, or simply pointing out all that you have in common with her works as well.

I thinnk her eyebrows are real, just that she thins them out and maintains them so that they look perfectly even. Maybe she draws over the top of her eyebrows too, is that what you're saying? I don't understand it either, I'll have to have my cousin's wives talk to her about fixing some things if I start dating her!

I've tried that on match.com, doesn't work. What works is a quick funny line drawn from something in their profile, but not making fun of what she wrote in anyway, or simply pointing out all that you have in common with her works as well.

It works.

But you also need to realize that this is all a numbers game. Try it with 20 girls, and you'll get 5 (or whatever) responses depending on how you come off. Then tell 20 other girls how gorgeous they are and say something about how they must get tons of messages each day, and compare the results......

But there is no one thing that works on every single girl. Especially on a Match.com type site, in which anyone can message anyone. If the girl looks at your pic and you aren't the type guy she'd be attracted to, then you are sol no matter what method you go with............Now if you get on Tinder or Hinge, you can't message the girl until you've been matched up. At that point she has indicated interest, and by being playful I bet you'll get responses from 75% of them. Whereas by telling her how pretty she is, you'll probably get a response from about 25% of them.

I don't understand it either, I'll have to have my cousin's wives talk to her about fixing some things if I start dating her!

:doh:

Although I wouldn't doubt if she has more pieces to her than Mrs. Potatohead, so maybe you can find a nice arrangement of parts there.

No way will I respond in 10 minutes, when she took 2 days. Plus, I need to think about how best to respond, and ask all of you for advice.

this a typical manly reaction. she didn't respect me enough, so i will withhold any loving feelings for her, though i have them for her.

guess what hers will be: he doesn't show me any loving feelings, so he must earn my respect. and the cycle begins.

85% of men would rather be respected by their wives than loved by them. 100% of women would rather be loved than respected.

if a man's wife would tell him how much she respects about him, he will take a bullet for her and love her like she's never known. then, she will respect him even more, and he will love her more. and the good cycle continues.

acknowledge your own need to be respected and work from there.

:lol: these gepetto threads are so pathetic...

No, I just wasn't ready to respond immediately. I wanted to think it over, read her profile again and write a good response. I have to think how best to move things forward. Also it's human psychology to let her wait to build up wonder if I'm going to write, and to build anticipation and attraction.

. What's the problem?

None, i just cringe at the overanalysis. that behavior is precisely what real women don't want in men.

if you want advice, try not putting so much stock into all of it... 99% of online chicks are certifiably insane, which is why they resort to going online. ..

Have some excuse to do something in the city and ask to meet up for some mid day drinking after you do whatever it is you had to do (or made up) . Everyone loves daytime drinking on a nice weekend day ... and even better you don't waste a night if she sucks, and if its going good you will both be smashed by dinner and it will likely end well...