Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

When did "first responder" become a thing?

Seems to me like it came around 9/11.

Used to be paramedics, police and firefighters.

Having first responders implies there are second responders...im thinking national guard.

Either way..meh.

Having first responders implies there are second responders...im thinking national guard.

Either way..meh.

That's what keeps me up at night too.

Either way..meh.

Cops and fireman were getting too much credit after 9/11. Some people felt left out so they came up with this. Also the term "in law enforcement " became a thing. That way all these non comabatants could worm their way into the scene. Lots of fed agencies do that. You won't here cops of a certain age say they are "in law enforcement " as if they are the same as correction officers and others. A cop just says he's a cop.

A cop just says he's a cop.

Most good cops and firemen, regardless of rank, call themselves cops and firemen. I love being the 3rd or 4th guy to introduce myself when Im with a group of pretend firemen. Inevitably, they introduce themselves as "chief" so and so, or "capt" so and so. I follow up with my first and last name and leave out my rank. They look like tools.

Most good cops and firemen, regardless of rank, call themselves cops and firemen. I love being the 3rd or 4th guy to introduce myself when Im with a group of pretend firemen. Inevitably, they introduce themselves as "chief" so and so, or "capt" so and so. I follow up with my first and last name and leave out my rank. They look like tools.

Yup. You can always tell. I don't say much anymore.

Anybody remember that concert right after 9/11? Especially that one fat cop who look like stereotype of every fat New York cop that ever existed? He's up on the stage dancing around shaking his gut just having the time of his mother fockin life.

Hell, they were more cops in there were anything else there. And damn few firemen.

Because the fire men actually did something. They actually ran into the buildings.

And died.

And the cops? Wouldn't even share the same radio frequency. But they wanted to get in on it too. Hence the term, first responder.

Some of those ###### didn't come within 32 blocks of the buildings, but they damn sure maxed out their retirement and got the fock out of Dodge while they were making maximum (retirement) pay. Just when the city needed them most.

But that's a story that doesn't get told much.

Anybody remember that concert right after 9/11? Especially that one fat ###### cop who look like stereotype of every fat New York ###### cop that ever existed? He's up on the stage dancing around shaking his gut just having the time of his mother fockin life.

Hell, they were more cops in there were anything else there. And damn sure fireman.

Because the fire men actually did something. They actually ran into the buildings.

And the cops? Wouldn't even share the same radio frequency. But they wanted to get in on it too. Hence the term, first responder.

Some of those ###### didn't come within 32 blocks of the buildings, but they damn sure maxed out their retirement and got the fock out of Dodge while they were making maximum (retirement) pay. Just when the city needed them most.

But that's a story that doesn't get told much.

23 dead NYC cops and 32 Port authority cops families disagree. Sorry we couldn't get the casualty rate up for ya. And that was a fireman, not a cop who said that. And he would smack the out of your weeble ass.
  • Like 1

Cops and fireman are still dying from 9/11. Just had my check up a few moths ago. Breathing is still good, thank god. We all sucked in a lot of toxins. But Christie Todd Whitman said the air was ok. She should rot in hell.

23 dead NYC cops and 32 Port authority cops families disagree. Sorry we couldn't get the casualty rate up for ya. And that was a fireman, not a cop who said that. And he would smack the ###### out of your weeble ass.

I'd settle for your not dancing on the Graves while ten times the number of firefighters are still buried.

Classless.

and settle for you're not dancing on the ###### Graves while ten times the number of firefighters are still buried.

Classless.

? And last I checked it wasn't cops jobs to run into burning buildings with no equipment. But some did anyway.

First Responders have always been a thing (early 80's at least), especially in rural areas. :dunno:

Cops and fireman are still dying from 9/11. Just had my check up a few moths ago. Breathing is still good, thank god. We all sucked in a lot of toxins. But Christie Todd Whitman said the air was ok. She should rot in hell.

Sadly thats true. It seems like every day you hear about a guy or gal battling workers comp or some dumb a$$ doc about WTC illnesses.

? And last I checked it wasn't cops jobs to run into burning buildings with no equipment. But some did anyway.

I thought the job was protect and serve. I guess that's as long as it's safe to do so.

I thought the job was protect and serve. I guess that's as long as it's safe to do so.

Seriously? A burning building with no breathing apparatus? Like I said, some did despite not having equipment. But let's not bring that up. Fireman love having to save a cop instead of a civilian. Works out great.

Cops and fireman were getting too much credit after 9/11. Some people felt left out so they came up with this. Also the term "in law enforcement " became a thing. That way all these non comabatants could worm their way into the scene. Lots of fed agencies do that. You won't here cops of a certain age say they are "in law enforcement " as if they are the same as correction officers and others. A cop just says he's a cop.

I wont talk sh!t about corrections officers. The ones that actually walk around with the animals I mean.

I used to handle all the workers comp cases for state employees. The injuries those guards got were focked up in many cases.

Now yeah, the police dispatcher or the chick in payroll, or the IA department? Fock you, youre not in law enforcement.

I wont talk sh!t about corrections officers. The ones that actually walk around with the animals I mean.

I used to handle all the workers comp cases for state employees. The injuries those guards got were focked up in many cases.

Now yeah, the police dispatcher or the chick in payroll, or the IA department? Fock you, youre not in law enforcement.

Not trying to put CO's down, but it's a different job, but the amount of second guessing and liability for a cop is at a different level. Look at unhinged, batshit crazy drunken Wiffleball in this thread.