Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2017

Yep!

Also,

June 9: 26-34

July 7: 44-40

:banana:

Verlander and Avila to the Cubs rumors starting to heat up here. I am a big verlander fan, but at this point if they can ditch that salary I am all for it. JD Martinez and maybe Justin Upton after that.

Verlander and Avila to the Cubs rumors starting to heat up here. I am a big verlander fan, but at this point if they can ditch that salary I am all for it. JD Martinez and maybe Justin Upton after that.

There is no salary cap and it isn't your money :dunno:

has there ever been an upton that wasn't overrated as all fock? (including kate)

I just got an email for a work meeting in Miami next week, so I bought a ticket to the all star game.

In the past year I've been to a World Series and now an all star game. Baseball gods have been good to me

I just got an email for a work meeting in Miami next week, so I bought a ticket to the all star game.

In the past year I've been to a World Series and now an all star game. Baseball gods have been good to me

:thumbsup:

Danny Duffy has been tested 12 times this year. Once for each of his starts.

This makes me suspicious....Of MLB. Nothing says let's skew the numbers more to me than testing someone who is obviously clean. The dude is putting up his exact numbers from last year. Which are not amazing and are so incredibly slightly off his career numbers. 1 time sure. 2 times ok. 12 times. Get the out of here.

Jason Hammel was tested last night as dumb fock ump was squeezing him. Would call a ball one pitch then next pitch in the exact same location was a ball :mad:

Yanks finished up the first half in rough shape. Bad starting pitching, bullpen and injury after injury. Expect them to make a deal soon. Still init for the division. Boston refuses to run away with it.

Yanks finished up the first half in rough shape. Bad starting pitching, bullpen and injury after injury. Expect them to make a deal soon. Still init for the division. Boston refuses to run away with it.

In the Darvish market now? I have no desire to resign him for what it's going to take.

Expect them to make a deal soon.

Why? why give away anything now?

why not sit pat and wait?

I hope the Red Sox do nothing, I don't trust Dumbo

In the Darvish market now? I have no desire to resign him for what it's going to take.

No, unless it's a dump job.

Why? why give away anything now?

why not sit pat and wait?

I hope the Red Sox do nothing, I don't trust Dumbo

They are going to have to in the off season anyway. CC gone, can't count on Pineda and Tanaka. Tanaka has an option too. Might as well now, it's inevitable. Free agency is pretty bare next year. Quintana on CWX is said to be available. Lefty, high strikeouts, reasonable contract.

They are going to have to in the off season anyway. CC gone, can't count on Pineda and Tanaka. Tanaka has an option too. Might as well now, it's inevitable. Free agency is pretty bare next year. Quintana on CWX is said to be available. Lefty, high strikeouts, reasonable contract.

with the 2nd wild card, it's much harder to find good pitching to trade for and especially good pitching with a contract after this year.

CQ would be great for them

5 young Yankees in the all-star game. Get used to it.

Cubs land Quintana from Sox for 4 players

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs today acquired left-handed pitcher Jose Quintana from the Chicago White Sox for outfielder Eloy Jimenez, right-handed pitcher Dylan Cease, and infielders Matt Rose and Bryant Flete. Quintana is under club control through the 2020 campaign.

Quintana, 28, was a 2016 All-Star and is 50-54 with a 3.51 ERA (412 ER/1,055.1 IP) in 172 major league appearances, all but three as a starter, over the last six seasons with the White Sox (2012-17). He has made 32 or more starts while reaching 200.0 or more innings in each of the last four campaigns.

Last season, Quintana went 13-12 with a 3.20 ERA (74 ER/208.0 IP) in 32 starts, earning his first-career All-Star nod. He set career highs in innings pitched, strikeouts and wins while limiting foes to a .246 batting average, .295 on-base percentage and .393 slugging percentage, good for a .687 OPS against. His batting average against to both sides of the plate was nearly identical, as right-handed batters hit .247 and lefthanders hit .246. Quintana received Cy Young votes at the end of the campaign and went on to pitch in the 2017 World Baseball Classic for Colombia.

Quintana has gone 4-8 with a 4.49 ERA (52 ER/104.1 IP) in 18 starts for the White Sox this season, averaging better than a strikeout per inning for the first time in his career (109 strikeouts in 104.1 innings pitched), and remains on pace for his fifth-consecutive 32-plus start, 200.0-plus inning season in his career.

Definitely helps the Cubs rotation, but it's not enough to pull them out of mediocrity.

They still need to start producing some runs.

Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist and Schwarber are all hitting poorly.

Of only you could have managed your fantasy team! :P

Rays baby.

Boxberger looks great. Kiermaier back in august.

Hechavarria was a good defensive upgrade at short. Ramos looking better and better.

I wish they would trade for a starting pitcher and go for it. Sonny Gray perhaps. They have lots of young assets and some retreads who don't fit in

Rays baby.

Boxberger looks great. Kiermaier back in august.

Hechavarria was a good defensive upgrade at short. Ramos looking better and better.

I wish they would trade for a starting pitcher and go for it. Sonny Gray perhaps. They have lots of young assets and some retreads who don't fit in

Dude wait till you see Honeywell in person. I know his godfather and we used to talk about him all the time. He throws a screwball that is almost unhittable. He is being wasted in the minors.

The yanks are talking about trading for Yonder Alonso. He could crush at that short porch.

The yanks are talking about trading for Yonder Alonso. He could crush at that short porch.

Sonny Gray is being mentioned also.

Aaron judge is hitting .261 with 7 homers in the last 30 days. These are more realistic numbers.

Aaron judge is hitting .261 with 7 homers in the last 30 days. These are more realistic numbers.

I got a laugh out of morons attacking a writer who pointed out that Judge would likely see some regression in the second half, given that his numbers to that point would have been the greatest in MLB history over a full season. Idiots flipped out on him like it was unthinkable that Judge wouldn't continue to bat .330 while striking out a quarter of his plate appearances.

I got a laugh out of morons attacking a writer who pointed out that Judge would likely see some regression in the second half, given that his numbers to that point would have been the greatest in MLB history over a full season. Idiots flipped out on him like it was unthinkable that Judge wouldn't continue to bat .330 while striking out a quarter of his plate appearances.

huh? there isnt a single number or collective numbers that would have been the greatest in MLB history

huh? there isnt a single number or collective numbers that would have been the greatest in MLB history

Peripheral numbers he had were historical (and thus suggested they were inflated/unlikely to continue), things like his batting average on balls in play, his batting average compared to his strikeout rate, etc. People were getting pissed at the suggestion that he probably wouldn't be the first guy to hit well over .300 while having one of the highest strikeout rates in the league, or that he was unlikely to finish with a BABIP that has only occurred three times in baseball history (all of which came 90 years ago), etc.

Oh there were people who were sure this dude was going to hit .330 all year and mash 70 homers.

I saw it before. Guy named Chris Shelton. Hell as a tigers fan I bought in at the time.

Oh there were people who were sure this dude was going to hit .330 all year and mash 70 homers.

I saw it before. Guy named Chris Shelton. Hell as a tigers fan I bought in at the time.

I saw a lot of people excited about his awesome first half. And talking about how he kind of came out of nowhere. I don't recall anyone thinking it was going to continue or that he was going to hit 70 home runs. I heard a lot of people mentioning that he hit .179 on his initial call up to the big leagues.

He is exactly who I thought he was. Adam dunn. Which is not a terrible thing by any stretch. Dunn was a 40 homer machine for a decade

I think he has more upside than Dunn, but more in the .270 BA/40+ HR range unless he develops better plays discipline.

I think he'll be better then Dunn. I agree with zero tolerance. His plate discipline has improved bigly compared to his limited season last year. Dunn was a career .230 hitter. Imo Judge is already a better hitter for average with more power. But, time will tell.

Focking great.. The weekend sweep of the Rays has this town all focking kinds of stupid, thinking the Rangers still have a chance. :rolleyes:

Worst thing that could of happened to us - we need to blow this pig up and start rebuilding with kids.

football here yet?

The Red Sox have the most unlikeable team and organisation in a LONG time.

They are really letting their liberal bias leak out into sh1t and it's disgusting.

football here yet?

The Red Sox have the most unlikeable team and organisation in a LONG time.

They are really letting their liberal bias leak out into sh1t and it's disgusting.

What liberal bias are you referring to? I don't like the team because they can't hit. :)