Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

What does the term rich mean to you?

What would be a really interesting thread is to find out approximately what folks here think 'welfare' and 'food stamps' amounts to.

- Especially for a single, childless individual.

There are some crazy ass claims out there - that - shockingly, lots of people want to believe.

Note: if you're so inclined, one of the bigger tricks out there is to 'stack' any and every possible assistance program (AP) out there to come to some super exaggerated amount. One place claims like $40K a year under the premise of "why should people work when they can make almost $40K! (outrage, grumble, etc.).

Reality is, when you start peeling into that shiit - "you can have A, but if so, then you don't get B-D". "you can have C, but it only lasts 3 months..." etc. etc. etc.

- Used to volunteer at a shelter for women trying to leave abusive situations. It was a learning experience to say the least.

What would be a really interesting thread is to find out approximately what folks here think 'welfare' and 'food stamps' amounts to.

A few interesting facts.

The wealthiest 14 people in this country make more than the 100 million+ Americans on welfare.

All that welfare amounts to $370 billion dollars. Tax avoidance by the wealthy (tax expenditures, underpayments, tax havens, and corporate nonpayment) amounts to 2.2 TRILLION dollars!

Let's address the real problem in this country instead of worrying about the miniscule amount spent on 100 million peoples' safety net.

Let's address the real problem in this country instead of worrying about the miniscule amount spent on 100 million peoples' safety net.

The real problem is those who create and invest. :thumbsup:

A safety net is a "use one time" kinda thing, not something to be passed on from generation to generation of baby factories.

A safety net is a "use one time" kinda thing, not something to be passed on from generation to generation of baby factories.

Still a miniscule amount of money. Imagine what could be done with that 2.2 trillion the wealthy are pocketing?

And the safety net is there for you and me. In 2008, I collected unemployment compensation. My company went under and I didn't have a job for the first time since getting a paper route at age 14. It was a godsend. Not everyone who needs assistance is doing so because they are lazy. That's what the safety net is for. There's not much you can do about people who take advantage of the system. But it's better paying those families a few hundred bucks a month than to have those hoodlums be totally broke and have nothing to lose. You think inner city crime is bad now?

Little note again:

FUTA is paid by your employer. Basically, its assurance just in case your employer focks up and you lose your job through no fault of your own.

Too many people equate that with welfare.

Still a miniscule amount of money. Imagine what could be done with that 2.2 trillion the wealthy are pocketing?

it could offset the half of the federal income taxes that they are already paying. (the top 1% I am talking about).

Its pretty simple, the rich aren't going to be paying any more and the poor aren't going to be paying at all. its all of us in the middle that get screwed as usual.

Being "rich" means you have the ability to post regularly here on this message board. We are all seven figure earners with doctorates that took only 3 years of formal education to acquire.

Now excuse me while I go poolside and sip Dom next to my model wife and her ten equally hot womens friends.

Being "rich" means you have the ability to post regularly here on this message board. We are all seven figure earners with doctorates that took only 3 years of formal education to acquire.

Now excuse me while I go poolside and sip Dom next to my model wife and her ten equally hot womens friends.

The funniest part is, there's not one person here who is actually rich. Not what I'd consider rich. People just dig in their heels and defend a particular party. There are actually people who will lose their healthcare down the road and they still support Trump and want his healthcare proposal to pass. A lot of those country bumpkin tards wearing the MAGA hats at his rallies are the very people who would be hurt the most. But they vehemently defend a billionaire who wouldn't care if they all died tomorrow.

I can see that and can agree. I think I'm upper middle class. Still scratching tooth and nail for college funding for 2 boys. Both will be driving soon and the cost with that is outlandish. Why do I feel like my pocket keeps getting picked by the tax man?

Because both the Dems and Repubs want to stick it to you.

It's really amazing some of you that champion the poor by advocating they pay nothing while the 50% that actually pay something pay even more. And then have the audacity to try to act like you are not the greedy ones.

I was getting dressed this morning and my son happened to wake up as I was standing there and he looked at me, then put the biggest smile on his face I have ever

seen.

That's what I consider being rich

Well, the reality is that those paying the most in taxes might not mind as much if they did not think that their money was being p!ssed away. You need to cut down the hand-outs (don't think for a second that there is not fraud, waste and a culture of entitlement) and you also need to cut down in our spending in general. That should cut down on the burden on the middle class that is saddled with a higher percentage of the costs when compared to disposable income. Then you can see about addressing some of the tax breaks for the uber wealthy.

We have a spending problem first and an equality issue in taxation second.

All that welfare amounts to $370 billion dollars. Tax avoidance by the wealthy (tax expenditures, underpayments, tax havens, and corporate nonpayment) amounts to 2.2 TRILLION dollars!

How exactly did you calculate the 2.2 trillion? Does it also include the tax avoidance for mortgage interest deductions, property tax deductions, dependent deductions, child/dependent care deductions, 401K/IRA contribution deductions, state tax payment deductions, charitable deductions?

Also, since you brought up tax havens, is that net of the tax paid to foreign jurisdictions?

How exactly did you calculate the 2.2 trillion? Does it also include the tax avoidance for mortgage interest deductions, property tax deductions, dependent deductions, child/dependent care deductions, 401K/IRA contribution deductions, state tax payment deductions, charitable deductions?

Also, since you brought up tax havens, is that net of the tax paid to foreign jurisdictions?

This is all above my pay grade.

Recent research has shown the empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited. And as a corollary, the market for technologies is shrinking.

As a world leader, it is important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe there will always be a need for us to have a well-articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.

Recent research has shown the empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited. And as a corollary, the market for technologies is shrinking.

As a world leader, it is important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe there will always be a need for us to have a well-articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.

I agree with all of that. Am I still allowed to believe that corporation tax exemptions and tax breaks for the wealthy are ridiculous? You know what else I believe? That it's bullshit that churches are tax exempt.

So you were just talking out of your azz?

So you were just talking out of your azz?

Look it up yourself ass hole. That's what I did. If you need more info, google is your friend.

Look it up yourself ass hole. That's what I did. If you need more info, google is your friend.

So you don't know d!ck about the tax structure of corporations or individuals so you went to the internet and found some stuff to support your point. Good job Drobs. :thumbsup:

That only looks at income tax, but when all taxes are considered, state, local, sales tax, vehicle registration, etc. The poor actually pay a higher percent of their income to the government.

The poor need to make more then. I shouldn't have to make more because those poor don't. Fock, it gets old real damn quick.

A few interesting facts.

The wealthiest 14 people in this country make more than the 100 million+ Americans on welfare.

good for them, now look at those 14 wealthiest people in this country, and calculate how many jobs they have created. Lets just look at the first that comes to mind

Bill Gates has given 28 billion to charity over the years

Microsoft/IBM how many jobs have they created?

Microsoft has 114,000 employees, and paid out salaries of 17 billion in 2016

https://news.microsoft.com/facts-about-microsoft/#rqjl0fCICsGGFllI.97

IBM has 380,000 employees, and paid out salaries of 13 billion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM

now why should people on welfare, who just want to live off the govt get ######? These people worked their asses off to get where they are and Gates primary companies alone employ almost 500,000 people.

guess what some of them are janitors too. personally I think welfare should be abolished, and I dont give 2 fucks if you can't feed your fat lazy ass or your kids, lets be real

fwiw the avg home depot worker (illegal) makes about 22$ an hour now, and pays zero taxes. People on welfare should have their asses down there working

also Newbie, when you make blanket statements provide links it makes you only the slightest bit credible

I mean to me, and most sane people, from your statement is the fact that there are 100 million people on welfare is shocking

also there is no such think as tax avoidance, they are called writeoffs and have been and will always be part of a successful capitalist society. Its part of the tax code, I am sorry most people are too stupid to utilize it

• Like 1

Really got to wonder about 'people' who want to talk specifics about their personal finances on a place like this -

or really, anywhere.

I don't wonder one bit. Anything else?

I agree with all of that. Am I still allowed to believe that corporation tax exemptions and tax breaks for the wealthy are ridiculous? You know what else I believe? That it's bullshit that churches are tax exempt.

Its Will Ferrells speech in Old School. Hell i dont know what half those words are.

- Especially for a single, childless individual.

There are some crazy ass claims out there - that - shockingly, lots of people want to believe.

Note: if you're so inclined, one of the bigger tricks out there is to 'stack' any and every possible assistance program (AP) out there to come to some super exaggerated amount. One place claims like $40K a year under the premise of "why should people work when they can make almost $40K! (outrage, grumble, etc.).

Reality is, when you start peeling into that shiit - "you can have A, but if so, then you don't get B-D". "you can have C, but it only lasts 3 months..." etc. etc. etc.

- Used to volunteer at a shelter for women trying to leave abusive situations. It was a learning experience to say the least.

Here's a tip. Start a thread on it. Ya know how to start threads right?

So you don't know d!ck about the tax structure of corporations or individuals so you went to the internet and found some stuff to support your point. Good job Drobs. :thumbsup:

The internet will answer your questions too. Are you disputing the fact that welfare costs the country a miniscule amount compared to tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy? Welfare is just something for conservatives to b!tch about. Since most wealthy people are Republicans, the party overlooks all the breaks and loopholes they have. Close those up and we could afford the best healthcare system in the world.

I was getting dressed this morning and my son happened to wake up as I was standing there and he looked at me, then put the biggest smile on his face I have ever

seen.

That's what I consider being rich

Did he look at your peemus and say, Daddy, that looks like a dlck only smaller?

also there is no such think as tax avoidance, they are called writeoffs and have been and will always be part of a successful capitalist society. Its part of the tax code, I am sorry most people are too stupid to utilize it

So give the wealthy all the tax breaks and then whine because Tyrone and Lequisha are getting $175 a month in food stamps. Typical Republican. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Well, the reality is that those paying the most in taxes might not mind as much if they did not think that their money was being p!ssed away. You need to cut down the hand-outs (don't think for a second that there is not fraud, waste and a culture of entitlement) and you also need to cut down in our spending in general. That should cut down on the burden on the middle class that is saddled with a higher percentage of the costs when compared to disposable income. Then you can see about addressing some of the tax breaks for the uber wealthy.

We have a spending problem first and an equality issue in taxation second.

Many receiving those handouts flaunt it. That's what really......

The internet will answer your questions too. Are you disputing the fact that welfare costs the country a miniscule amount compared to tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy? Welfare is just something for conservatives to b!tch about. Since most wealthy people are Republicans, the party overlooks all the breaks and loopholes they have. Close those up and we could afford the best healthcare system in the world.

there is no such thing as a loophole. A loophole is something that isnt intended to exist

also the same rich that you claim avoid paying taxes pay almost 90% of all the taxes in this country

every rich person in the country would gladly, gladly take a 20% flat tax, they would save a shitload

you know how ridiculous it is to pay a "payroll tax"

So give the wealthy all the tax breaks and then whine because Tyrone and Lequisha are getting $175 a month in food stamps. Typical Republican. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

again, the amount of money that you make doesn't equate tax breaks, learn a little something for once, Tyrone and Lequisha don't pay taxes except when they have to buy some big baller sneakers

That only looks at income tax, but when all taxes are considered, state, local, sales tax, vehicle registration, etc. The poor actually pay a higher percent of their income to the government.

True but they also use a higher percentage of services provided by the government as a percentage of their income.

there is no such thing as a loophole. A loophole is something that isnt intended to exist

also the same rich that you claim avoid paying taxes pay almost 90% of all the taxes in this country

every rich person in the country would gladly, gladly take a 20% flat tax, they would save a shitload

you know how ridiculous it is to pay a "payroll tax"

I'd just be happy to see Donald Trump pay as high of a percentage as me. Or Bill Gates.

Why those names Newbie? Trying to slide race into this thread. You are a race baiter...fock off dickfer.

I'd just be happy to see Donald Trump pay as high of a percentage as me. Or Bill Gates.

they do you jackass

Donald Trump is able to write off personal income tax, but you know what hes not able to write off? Payroll, corporate taxes, real estate taxes, social security, 401k, insurance taxes for his companies

No not at all. You throw out a random number about "tax avoidance" and don't even know if it includes all of the tax avoidance by the poor, middle and upper middle classes. You also do not even know how they are measuring tax avoidance from tax havens. Without knowing any of those things your number is a BS talking point.