Sign in to follow this  
Groundhog

More smoke on the Ray Rice fire

So…now there's news that an NFL executive received a copy of the in-elevator video.

Back in April. APRIL!!

Either this soon-to-be-former-NFL executive at 345 Park Avenue is a sycophantic asstard who can't or won't give Rog some bad news,

OR...

Rog is continuing to lie out of his puckered snare drum.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/report-law-enforcement-sent-ray-rice-video-to-nfl-executive-months-ago/

typical corporate playbook….when your choices are reduced to either 'evil' or 'stupid', always go with stupid.

• Like 1

typical corporate playbook….when your choices are reduced to either 'evil' or 'stupid', always go with stupid.

Nice..... :first:

This is quickly escalating into a 'business decision' for the NFL. The cost effective move is to sh!tcan Goddell or sh!tcan the exec as the fall guy and PRAY that's enough to appease the mob.

what a shocker!

i fully expect there to be hard drive crash and lotsa lost emails @ park avenue in 5,4,3,2,1...

• Like 1

Nothing is going to happen until they lie to Congress. Tell Congress to go fock itself and worry about Isis!

Exactly.

Tell congress that the NFL is under no obligation to inform the public of what we did or didn't do during our investigation into a suspension of one of our players.

Goodell needs to just resign now -- no way he makes it out of this. Sad thing is I really think it was Goodell that made sure the tape leaked in order to get rid of Rice and he likely ends up getting rid of hmself as well.

I don't understand what the difference is if he saw the tape or not. From what I have heard Ray Rice's testimony to Goodell and the NFL office is exactly what we saw on the tape. All the video did was confirm what Rice said. Rice basically told them that he was a piece of sh!t. The video confirmed what he said.

Listen to Roger Cossack and he said this bombshell could throw out the Rice suspension.

Hey 'Sho Nuff' you still saying Rice has no argument to throw out the "indefinite" suspension?? He had hell of a case even before this news. Still dont see anyone touching him but how bad do you want to win?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11503851/ray-rice-videotape-sent-nfl-executive-april

I don't understand what the difference is if he saw the tape or not. From what I have heard Ray Rice's testimony to Goodell and the NFL office is exactly what we saw on the tape. All the video did was confirm what Rice said. Rice basically told them that he was a piece of sh!t. The video confirmed what he said.

That is what i have been preaching since reading the Complaint Summons. The NFL and Ravens reacted to the public out cry and tried to cover their own ass for their screw ups. Guess what too damn late

Listen to Roger Cossack and he said this bombshell could throw out the Rice suspension.

Hey 'Sho Nuff' you still saying Rice has no argument to throw out the "indefinite" suspension?? He had hell of a case even before this news. Still dont see anyone touching him but how bad do you want to win?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11503851/ray-rice-videotape-sent-nfl-executive-april

Okay, so he gets his suspension reduced back to two games. He still doesnt' have a team to play for. Do you think with all the bad publicity that will follow him around this year another team will sign him? Possible, but I would be a little surprised.

Yeah, I still think he has no case to throw out his indefinite suspension.

I think Goodell (or anyone acting as commish of the NFL) has a ridiculous amount of authority to hand down suspensions.

He may get it reduced...to 6 games per the policy...but it won't go back to 2.

And it won't make the Ravens take him back, nor do I think any other team touches him this year at a minimum.

Maybe next year, he appeals for reinstatement...says he went to counseling or so on...donates a bunch of money to a battered women's home or something.

But this year, I don't see him playing football.

If Vick can get re-instituted and find another team after having dogs fight, Rice can do the same after a woman fight. Rice will be in the NFL again.

If Vick can get re-instituted and find another team after having dogs fight, Rice can do the same after a woman fight. Rice will be in the NFL again.

He'll be 28 by next season.

The running back position is very different than a QB. There's a reason RB aren't drafted in the first round very often.

Rog was at the Masters. I am sure that no one disturbed him with triviality like a videotape of a player beating his wife.

So is Ozzie Newsome saying Ray Rice didn't lie so the NFL has an out i.e. "yes, we just got the initial punishment wrong".

Only one problem with that; Goddell said that Rice wasn't very clear on his account. Can't have it both ways Rog.

Innocent.

If the glove don't fit....you must acquit!!