Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

Josh Norman a Free Agent

This is shocking. He is about to get a huge deal. The team knew they had no shot at landing him long term so just let him go now instead of paying the tag cost.

Wow this is a shock .

This is shocking. He is about to get a huge deal. The team knew they had no shot at landing him long term so just let him go now instead of paying the tag cost.

I think its probably the right move. Those things are a distraction no matter what his teammates will say. They would have been asked daily about his contract situation and what they think about it.

• Like 1

From Panthers.com...

"After a number of conversations with Josh’s agent we realized that a long-term deal was not attainable," general manager Dave Gettleman said. "We have decided to rescind the Franchise Tag freeing Josh to immediately become a UFA. We thank Josh for all his contributions and truly wish him well."

Teams currently with the most 2016 cap space:

1. Jags

2. 49ers

3. Browns

4. Titans

5. Giants

6. Bears

Could Titans or Browns make another splash?

Jags need to pull of this move and sign him.

If they can land him and if they continue moving the ball like they did last year and can get a big boast like this move on defense they could win that divison this season .

Saw $14mil+ per being reported.

Oh hell no, not interested at that price.

Saw $14mil+ per being reported.

His skills match perfectly with Carolina. I don't think he is a perfect fit for a team like Jacksonville. There is word that the 49ers are one of the front runners right now. Josh Norman playing for Chip Kelly. That would be a disaster. Norman seems like a guy that will want a big market like New York or Miami. As a Raider fan I don't think there is room but if they are looking to make a splash at compete for a championship Norman would be huge.

His skills match perfectly with Carolina. I don't think he is a perfect fit for a team like Jacksonville. There is word that the 49ers are one of the front runners right now. Josh Norman playing for Chip Kelly. That would be a disaster. Norman seems like a guy that will want a big market like New York or Miami. As a Raider fan I don't think there is room but if they are looking to make a splash at compete for a championship Norman would be huge.

(on a much smaller scale) Larry Brown.

Though it's not mutually exclusive, Norman is a cover 3 cornerback. Look at the highlights NFL Network is running on him, sitting back in a zone then breaking a pick six on WRs doing down and out routes. We're a bump and run team. Plus where does he play? The slot? Both Amerson and Sean Smith are big fast outside CBs. Believe me, another top cornerback gives us one of the best secondarys in the league (to go with the best offensive line in the AFC ). But I'd rather draft a William Jackson III at 14 to do so.

Dallas can cut Brandon Carr and free up 10 mill. I'm thinking this has Jerry Jones cannonball splash written all over it lol.

• Like 1

Dallas can cut Brandon Carr and free up 10 mill. I'm thinking this has Jerry Jones cannonball splash written all over it lol.

No way Stephen pays this clown $14m (or whatever) a year... With all the extra spending for marijuana rehab, our cash flow is running low. :cry:

First Gregory and now Lawrence, your defense is going to wrong way.

Hardy?

Oh heck no to that head case too... I think we'll find a way to survive. The addition of Thornton helps (thank gawd) and still have the surprising Irving. We can kick Tyrone Crawford out to end, plug Irving in the middle and then have the likes of Jack Crawford and McClain fill in.. Plus - no doubt we will be taking an end or two in this years draft - they will just have to be ready to play.

Bosa lol...? You know you should go Elliott?

Rather have Ramsey at 4.. But if somebody wanted to trade up for Tunsil - I'd be happy picking up another 2nd and take Zeke then.

I'm surprised no one is talking about the Packers, don't be surprised if they don't come in and make him an offer, this is just the type of free agent I could see Ted pulling the trigger on.

I think the Packers might be in line to pick him up .

Rather have Ramsey at 4.. But if somebody wanted to trade up for Tunsil - I'd be happy picking up another 2nd and take Zeke then.

I'd much rather have my second and take a chance with a Jason Spriggs or LeRaven Clark. Ramsey is a fit there with Byron Jones? Which one plays in the box? I think teams drafting Ramsey at safety are making a mistake, that guy is a cornerback.

Ramsey is a fit there with Byron Jones? Which one plays in the box? I think teams drafting Ramsey at safety are making a mistake, that guy is a cornerback.

You can never have enough athletes in the secondary.. Jones is a natural safety, who was forced into corner last year due to injuries... With Ramsey on board, he and Scandrick (who returns) are your starting corners - Jones moves to free safety. Carr can opt to redo his deal or he can hit the road.. And of course, Claiborne resigned for 1 more year so he will be available too.

Skins swooping in.

I hear they have $15/16m a year on the table... I am seriously hoping they get him.

ESPN saying its a two horse race between the Skins and Niners.

Norman is in DC now.

It's over. No chance is he going to San Fran. Chip Kelly is a sociopath and the Niners are going to be bad for a long time.

Welcome Josh! HTTR!

I am all for a guy who can shut down half the field. He is still plenty young where a 5 year contract shouldnt have too much bad money on it.

Skins shouldn't pay that kind of money to someone who will turn 29 before seasons end and is more of zone cover guy than a shut down corner.

It is being reported that Washington is giving him a 5 year $75 million dollar deal with 50 million guaranteed. :shocking:

I wonder what a player that has two good years is worth to the Skins... Wow.

ODB and Dez are gonna have some fun with this kid. 50 million? There is no way heccomes close to living up to that.

Wow talk about over paying that's unbelievable.

With that said the Redskins now become the team to beat in the NFC east .

It is being reported that Washington is giving him a 5 year $75 million dollar deal with 50 million guaranteed. :shocking:

I wonder what a player that has two good years is worth to the Skins... Wow.

I would be fine with the Bears paying that. Up the bonus money to lower the cap hit.

Good for the Skins if they can afford it and not put their cap in a bind. He's a very good player but I don't think he is shutdown against top #1s.

In the matchup with the Giants & Beckham the Panthers clearly won the war as they had Odell playing on tilt.......... but I watched that game and to my eyes Jr flat smoked him on routes that were covered by Norman. I also remember being concerned about Julio on most of my FF teams last year playing the Panthers twice near the end of the year, and that didn't end up being a problem either.

I am all for a guy who can shut down half the field. He is still plenty young where a 5 year contract shouldnt have too much bad money on it.

That's the same exact reason why I like Richard Sherman so much. People knock him because he doesn't follow a number 1 all over the field. But to me, when you have 1 guy that can shut down 1 entire side, it just seems to really schematicaly (if thats a word) free up the entire defense.

Plus it doesn't matter what look the offense gives you, theirs not alot of movement and getting guys in position that the MLB has to call.