Sign in to follow this  
davidbostonisgood

5 BOLD Predictions....(2016 annual addition).

First off, sorry Moz if you wanted to start this this year. Looking back at some other years, I see that you had started them.

I already am excited for the coming season and have already started my research for 2016.

I hope many others join in with there own predictions for the coming season.

Some of these predictions are based off my research, and some of them are based on my instincts and intuition.

With no further ado, here are my 2016 Bold Predictions!

1) Amari Cooper finishes outside of the top 25 for WRs on either a points total or points/game basis.

2) Thomas Rawls does not finish the season as many had hoped and is not a top 25 RB heading into next season. (Currently rated #9 dynasty RB in circles).

3) The national media will cool off on the Tom Brady positive hype, as the team takes a step back and his weaknesses (arm strength and mobility) are brought to light as glaring limitations as the team around him no longer simply dominates their weak division giving them an easy pass to a first round playoff bye and home field advantage. But many of the media will chalk it up to age catching up with Brady.

4) 5 out of 6 of these backs will not finish top 25 RB in last 8 games of season: Gurley, D.Freeman, Rawls, CJ Anderson, M.Gordon, and Forsett. (All 6 RBs currently listed in the top 25).

5) Alfred Morris will buy a new car.

Can't wait to look back at these!

Have to think Rawls "being rated as #9 dynasty RB" is a reflection of pre-NL draft sentiment which has completely flipped as far as I am seeing. Seattle drafting 3 RBs............ but more importantly 2 that some are very high on has already plummeted him down most ranks. He is more likely in the 20s now in dynasty circles, especially PPR, and I am a Rawls owner BTW.

1) Jamaal Charles finishes as a top-3 RB in PPR leagues

2) Carson Wentz wins the starting job in training camp and leads the Eagles to an NFC East title

3) Jameis Winston gets arrested for a felony, misses at least a quarter of the season

4) Marvin Jones and Golden Tate both finish in the top-25 for wide receivers

5) Sam Bradford finds sleeves that actually fit him, but not a new team.

• Like 1

I win the championship in all the fantasy football leagues I'm in .

I win all the bets I place during the football season.

Rothlisburger still won't pass for 5000 yards during the season .

Romo will play less than half the season .

Travis Benjamin will once again avg less points per game than A Jeffery .

D Murray of the Titans will finish in the top five in ppr

J Reed will play in less than 9 games this season

A Luck will rebound and finish number one in Qb points .

J Nelson will finish in the top five in wr points .

Matt Jones will finish in the top ten in rb points in ppr .

First off, sorry Moz if you wanted to start this this year. Looking back at some other years, I see that you had started them.

I already am excited for the coming season and have already started my research for 2016.

Some of these predictions are based off my research, and some of them are based on my instincts and intuition.

1) Amari Cooper finishes outside of the top 25 for WRs on either a points total or points/game basis.

2) Thomas Rawls does not finish the season as many had hoped and is not a top 25 RB heading into next season. (Currently rated #9 dynasty RB in circles).

3) The national media will cool off on the Tom Brady positive hype, as the team takes a step back and his weaknesses (arm strength and mobility) are brought to light as glaring limitations as the team around him no longer simply dominates their weak division giving them an easy pass to a first round playoff bye and home field advantage. But many of the media will chalk it up to age catching up with Brady.

4) 5 out of 6 of these backs will not finish top 25 RB in last 8 games of season: Gurley, D.Freeman, Rawls, CJ Anderson, M.Gordon, and Forsett. (All 6 RBs currently listed in the top 25).

I disagree. Morris will drive the same old rustbucket.

You can take THAT to the bank!

I win the championship in all the fantasy football leagues I'm in .

I win all the bets I place during the football season.

Rothlisburger still won't pass for 5000 yards during the season .

Romo will play less than half the season .

Travis Benjamin will once again avg less points per game than A Jeffery .

You should make a bet with that dude that was preaching that Rothlisberger will throw for 6000 yards. I'm sure he will be back on the hype train again. Easy money if he puts his $$$ where his mouth is.

For the record Moz hasnt been around in a while. He owes multiple people on this board money so i hope that he stays away. Pretty much a guy full of empty promises from everything i have seen. Carry on.

• Like 1

Look at what the top ten list of WRs from 2015 did in their rookie seasons. With the exception of Odell Beckham Jr, none of them had the rookie season that Amari Cooper had last year.

He's developing chemistry with one of the future elite QBs in the league, on an up and coming team in the NFL. If he can cut his drops in half, this kid is going to deliver a strong season in 2016.

For the record Moz hasnt been around in a while. He owes multiple people on this board money so i hope that he stays away. Pretty much a guy full of empty promises from everything i have seen. Carry on.

100% chance anybody he owes will never get their money. He is singman 2.0.

• Like 1

None of those predictions are especially bold.

You're right. Let me take another stab at it....

1) Amari Cooper gets into a horrific motorcycle accident during the preseason, resulting in him having his left leg amputated just below the hip. Amari vows to return to football and after intense rehab he comes back after their bye week. Teams and players play soft defense on him as a tribute to his amazing comeback,. They allow him to routinely hobble around on one leg uncovered. Derek Carr takes advantage of this and peppers Amari without cease. Amari goes on to set all Raiders single season receiving records with 156 receptions, 1,874 yards and 16 touchdowns. Surprisingly, Amari still finishes outside of the top 25 for WRs on either a points total or points/game basis due to the rest of the inflated passing game numbers in the NFL due to rule changes.

2) The common thoughts, sentiment and reports say that the Seahawks would add RBs to the roster during the NFL draft to add competition. That, to no one's surprise, comes true. Thomas Rawls goes on to have a strong preseason and is named the starting RB. CJ Procise and Alex Collins realize they will not get any significant playing time over the next couple of years unless something changes, so they begin to talk and scheme. CJ and Alex come up with a plan and go on to have the same surgery that identical twins have to separate themselves....except they do the surgery in reverse order, thus joining them together. This gains much media attention nationally and CJalex do many interviews and right a book, all the while continuing to play for the Seahawks. After much deliberating, Roger Goodell rules that CJalex will count as only 1 player on the field and not 2. Gaining this advantage of 3 arms to stiff arm while running and becoming the best blitz pickup RB in the league, CJalex overtake Rawls as the lead back and go on to post 1,061 total yards and 7 TDs in the second half of the season. Thomas Rawls does not finish the season as many had hoped and is not a top 25 RB heading into next season. (Currently rated #9 dynasty RB in circles).

3) Tom Brady gets a severe ear infection this summer and loses 90% of his hearing. The Patriots employ a tech savvy team that creates an ear piece that helps him restore his hearing to 70% and the NFL allows him to use the hearing assistance device. The real interesting part of this is that the hearing device is shaped like and closely resembles a snorkel, that is attached to the ear. It is in fact made out of some of the same materials and inspired by the snorkel design. With most of his hearing returned, the Patriots go on to win their division again, get a first round bye and make it to the Super Bowl. During media week, their cover is blown and after investigation, they find that the snorkel Brady had been using all season had a dial that he could tune into the same frequency that the opposing team and defensive player was using, thus knowing all their calls and defensive plays. This blows up during media week and Snorkelgate is full blown. Roger Goodell, realizes the mistake he made and does not allow Brady to use the snorkel or any other hearing device for the Super Bowl and the Patriots go on to lose the game. The national media cools off on the Tom Brady positive hype, as his weaknesses (arm strength and mobility) are brought to light as glaring limitations as the team around him no longer simply dominates by the advantages they had had.

4) Seeing the benefits CJ Procise and Alex Collins gained by their groundbreaking surgery, many other #3 & 4 RBs do the same thing in hopes of either extending their careers or helping them take it to the next level. This results in 5 out of 6 of the following RBs not finishing in the top 25 RB in last 8 games of season: Gurley, D.Freeman, Rawls, CJ Anderson, M.Gordon, and Forsett. (All 6 RBs currently listed in the top 25).

5) Alfred Morris will buy a new car. I don't think I can make this one much bolder.

Alfred Morris leads the league in rushing TDs

Martellus Bennet becomes a top 3 TE

Paxton Lynch surprises everyone and becomes this years Andrew Luck

Yeldon being used as the third down rb will hurt Thomas .

1. The Bills will make the playoffs and make it all the way to the AFC Championship, where they will lose to the Broncos.

2. The Pats will lose their first 4 games without Brady then go 6-6 resulting in a disappointing 6-10 season after which Brady will retire.

3. Charles Clay will lead all tight ends with 1400 yards receiving and 12 TD's. Every time he scores a TD, Sammy Watkins will kill a puppy.

4. Shady and Karlos Williams will go down down paving the way to rookie Jonathan Williams getting over 1300 combined yards and 13 td's. Every time he gets the ball, Sammy Watkins will kill another puppy.

5. Tyrod Taylor will be a top 5 QB.

Can you tell I'm a bills homer?

1. The Bills will make the playoffs and make it all the way to the AFC Championship, where they will lose to the Broncos.

2. The Pats will lose their first 4 games without Brady then go 6-6 resulting in a disappointing 6-10 season after which Brady will retire.

3. Charles Clay will lead all tight ends with 1400 yards receiving and 12 TD's. Every time he scores a TD, Sammy Watkins will kill a puppy.

4. Shady and Karlos Williams will go down down paving the way to rookie Jonathan Williams getting over 1300 combined yards and 13 td's. Every time he gets the ball, Sammy Watkins will kill another puppy.

5. Tyrod Taylor will be a top 5 QB.

Can you tell I'm a bills homer?

No but it sure sounds like you hate puppies

1. Duke Johnson will finish as a top 5 FF points producer in PPR.

2. Andy Dalton will regress and finish outside the top 20 FF QB's. (I know, not especially bold)

3. Derek Carr will finish as the top FF QB.

4. The Jacksonville Jaguars will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

5. The Arizona Cardinals will win the Super Bowl with a perfect record and make Mercury Morris cry on ESPN.

1. Megatron will un-retire during the Lions bye-week (10) this season, just in time for the season to count on his contract. He will then demand a trade or release next off-season.

2. The top rookie RB this year will be... Kenneth Dixon, BAL. Dixon wins the starting job in camp and posts 1250yds rushing, 200+yds receiving, and 9-10TDs.

3. Martellus Bennett outscores Gronk this year. Neither crack the top 5, however.

4. The Saints surprise with a playoff run to the NFC championship.

5. Alfred Morris is given a new car for endorsing a car dealership in Dallas. He then sells the car.

Kirk Cousins will have a stat line of 4600 35-6

The Skins will go 12-4

Giants will go 6-10 Manning 4300 25-18

Eagles will go 5-11 Will use at least 3 QBs.

Cowboys 8-8 Romo plays 10 games.

1. Duke Johnson will finish as a top 5 FF points producer in PPR.

2. Andy Dalton will regress and finish outside the top 20 FF QB's. (I know, not especially bold)

3. Derek Carr will finish as the top FF QB.

4. The Jacksonville Jaguars will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

5. The Arizona Cardinals will win the Super Bowl with a perfect record and make Mercury Morris cry on ESPN.

I'm on board with your Jaguars claim. They are really putting together a solid team.

And he's a cheap ass tipper.

1. Patriots miss the playoffs with a sub .500 record.

2. Luck finishes outside the top 15 QBs while playing all 16 games.

3. Tevin Coleman finishes in the top 10 RBs (non PPR)

4. Marvin Lewis gets fired mid season

5. Blake Bortles will do what Tommy Maddox and Big Ben couldn't do and throw for 6,000 yards

1. Patriots miss the playoffs with a sub .500 record.

2. Luck finishes outside the top 15 QBs while playing all 16 games.

3. Tevin Coleman finishes in the top 10 RBs (non PPR)

4. Marvin Lewis gets fired mid season

5. Blake Bortles will do what Tommy Maddox and Big Ben couldn't do and throw for 6,000 yards

Invoking Tommy Maddox on these boreds in anything other than a praise thread is bad juju.

[quote name="TimmySmith" post="5685183" timestamp="1464344397

Cowboys 8-8 Romo plays 10 games.

You must be lost. This is the bold prediction thread, not the written in blood, etched in stone prediction thread.

Chris Hogan has 1,000 Yards and 9 TDs

Coby Fleener 10 TDs

Derrick Henry Leads Titans in Rushing

Zach Zenner Leads Lions in Rushing

DeAndre Washington Leads Raiders in Rushing

Chris Hogan has 1,000 Yards and 9 TDs

Coby Fleener 10 TDs

Derrick Henry Leads Titans in Rushing

Zach Zenner Leads Lions in Rushing

DeAndre Washington Leads Raiders in Rushing

quote because I had to edit

Latavius Murray, Matt Jones, and Carlos Hyde all finish as top 10 RBs; Ezekial Elliot does NOT finish a top 10 RB

Marcus Mariota runs wild to finish as a top 10 QB

Marvin Jones finishes as a top 10 WR

Jared Cook finishes as a top 10 TE

1. Jameis Winston finishes top 5 QB's

Keenan Allen plays all 16 games

Ezekiel Elliott wins rushing title / #1 fantasy RB

The Ravens, without a great defense to carry Joe Flacco, wins 6 games or less this season.

The Denver Broncos start at least 5 QB's this year... due to poor performance, not injury.

When did this happen

That's seems to be his roll going into this season .

That's seems to be his roll going into this season .

Not even close, at this point the only defined RB role is that Ivory will be the short yardage RB, everything else points to a RBBC with both getting equal carries on all downs.

Not even close, at this point the only defined RB role is that Ivory will be the short yardage RB, everything else points to a RBBC with both getting equal carries on all downs.

Disagree , Yeldon will be the Rb used in the passing game and Ivory will get most of the first and second down work plus the short yardage and goal line work .

Disagree , Yeldon will be the Rb used in the passing game and Ivory will get most of the first and second down work plus the short yardage and goal line work .

Care to wager on that

This thread. I didn't realize Moz never paid up on MFFL

LOL, completely forgot I had DH on ignore.

Sorry to hear about the MFFL payments, that's pretty low.

So sad to see all the Patriot bashing in these predictions.

Well here you go...

Jimmy G will win at least 3 of the first 4 games. Zona and Houston will be the only challenges.

Brady will be fresh and pissed off upon return :Mr-T: - I pitty the foo (Browns will be crushed)

Patriots have made some very good moves in the offseason to shore up defense and give Gronk a good tandem TE.

This team is much more than just Brady. Bill will keep new looks comin' at you as always.

Patriots will easily win their division. Keep the hataaas hatin'!