Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

Police have said officers were prohibited from arresting Zimmerman because he claimed to have used "justifiable" force.

Oh really??? Since when does the police give a flying fock what us citizens say.

Oh really??? Since when does the police give a flying fock what us citizens say.

No kidding. It'd be like if I got caught driving a car that was reported stolen. I tell the cops "but the person told me I could drive it!" Maybe it's true, but you but your ass I'm getting arrested while it all gets sorted out. They aren't just gonna say "oh, well if they told you you could drive it then I guess you can go"! :lol:

No kidding. It'd be like if I got caught driving a car that was reported stolen. I tell the cops "but the person told me I could drive it!" Maybe it's true, but you but your ass I'm getting arrested while it all gets sorted out. They aren't just gonna say "oh, well if they told you you could drive it then I guess you can go"! :lol:

:doublethumbsup:

Zimmerman certainly isn't a Hispanic name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmerman

It is a stupid law. The law as I stated it does not create a duty to retreat, just to do what is reasonable under the circumstances. For example, if someone is coming at you with a knife, you don't have a duty to run so that you can get stabbed in the back.

But, when people hear "The Florida legislature passed a law that you don't have to retreat in public places to claim self-defense." It sets up an environment for bad things to happen. I don't think the law changed much, just the public perception of what the rules are. It almost sounds like Zimmerman was testing the limits of this law ...

How many roads must a man walk down, before he is shot by an overzealous neighborhood watchman? :dunno:

Police have so far released few details about why they did not arrest George Zimmerman the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. Now, more of George Zimmerman's side of the story is emerging: a key witness says Martin attacked Zimmerman.

"But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting. "

Also, some of the locals responding are saying the pics they are showing of this kid are old pics. He is actually a 6'2 football player that has been in trouble, including school suspensions.

:unsure:

Police have so far released few details about why they did not arrest George Zimmerman the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. Now, more of George Zimmerman's side of the story is emerging: a key witness says Martin attacked Zimmerman.

Also, some of the locals responding are saying the pics they are showing of this kid are old pics. He is actually a 6'2 football player that has been in trouble, including school suspensions.

On CNN they're saying that Zimmerman had a broken nose and other scratches. This is going to be a mess until there is a trial

How crazy would it be if the kid actually attacked him? Although that doesn't make a lot of sense given the situation.

Either way, an unarmed kid was killed walking down the street and it really should be up to a jury to hear all the evidence and decide the verdict.

On CNN they're saying that Zimmerman had a broken nose and other scratches. This is going to be a mess until there is a trial

If his self defense is valid there probably won't be a trial. You will just have the Sharptons and Farakhans of the world stirring people up until someone else gets killed.

How crazy would it be if the kid actually attacked him? Although that doesn't make a lot of sense given the situation.

Either way, an unarmed kid was killed walking down the street and it really should be up to a jury to hear all the evidence and decide the verdict.

No doubt, after this media firestorm, that would be crazy.

At this point, who the fock knows. Maybe the kid didn't realize Zimmerman even had a gun before he started sh1t, if he in fact did attack Zimmerman.

:thumbsup:

If his self defense is valid there probably won't be a trial. You will just have the Sharptons and Farakhans of the world stirring people up until someone else gets killed.

Could be. I have already seen the wanted posters they have down there saying they want Trayvon's killer, DEAD OR ALIVE.

Could be. I have already seen the wanted posters they have down there saying they want Trayvon's killer, DEAD OR ALIVE.

If this dude walks, it's going to be worse than the LA riots

No doubt, after this media firestorm, that would be crazy.

At this point, who the fock knows. Maybe the kid didn't realize Zimmerman even had a gun before he started sh1t, if he in fact did attack Zimmerman.

I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around a scenario where the kid attacked Zimmerman. I mean the kid was just walking home from the store with some candy and iced tea. Zimmerman was the one who assumed Martin was a burglar and approached him... with a gun.

My god what a mess. And this all could have been avoided if the police just brought him in and charged him and went through the legal system the way it is supposed to happen.

If this dude walks, it's going to be worse than the LA riots

Ha-ha, I was just thinking the same thing.

Speaking of riots... why do they always tear up their own neighborhoods? I never quite understood that.

I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around a scenario where the kid attacked Zimmerman. I mean the kid was just walking home from the store with some candy and iced tea. Zimmerman was the one who assumed Martin was a burglar and approached him... with a gun.

My god what a mess. And this all could have been avoided if the police just brought him in and charged him and went through the legal system the way it is supposed to happen.

That's what I don't get, if I shot someone and killed them, even in self defense, I assume I'd be doing some time in the pokey until it got sorted out or to a trial

That's what I don't get, if I shot someone and killed them, even in self defense, I assume I'd be doing some time in the pokey until it got sorted out or to a trial

I think if you kill another human being, that would be a reasonable assumption.

obviously some of you have a hard time with common sense.

let me help you with facts not assumptions:

The teen was talking to his girlfriend on his cellphone when he was shot dead, and a log of that conversation shows the teen was an innocent victim singled out because of his race, his family's lawyer said earlier Tuesday.

Attorney Benjamin Crump released phone records that show Trayvon was on the phone Feb. 26 at 7:12 p.m. for four minutes, moments before he was shot. At a news conference, Crump played a recording of the 16-year-old girl who was in Miami talking to Trayvon and heard most of the confrontation between the teen and George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who claims he killed him in self-defense.

"This claim that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor is preposterous," he said. "What Zimmerman said is completely contradicted by the phone log."

Zimmerman spotted Trayvon as he was patrolling his neighborhood on a rainy evening and called 911 to report a suspicious person.

Crump said Tuesday that Trayvon had walked to a nearby 7-Eleven to get skittles and a drink for his stepbrother, and other snacks to watch the NBA All Star game on TV.

The lawyer, who took an affidavit from the girl, quotes the girl on the cellphone as saying that Trayvon was walking home from the store and had temporarily taken refuge from the rain. He then began walking again, when he tells her, according to Crump, "I think this dude is following me."

"She tells him, 'baby, be careful, just run home,' " Crump said.

According to the girl, Trayvon says, "I think I lost him" then moments later says, "He is right behind me again. I'm not going to run, I'm going to walk fast."

Crump said "she hears another voice, 'What are you doing around here?' Trayvon says, 'Why are you following me?' " At that point, according to the girl, Travyon is pushed and his voice changes.

"She hears the altercation, suddenly, someone just hit the phone, because that's the last she hears," Crump said. She did not hear the shooting.

Phone logs show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on scene. The young woman's parents asked that the 16-year-old girl's name not be used.

However, he had recently been suspended from school for five days for tardiness, his English teacher, Michelle Kypriss, told the Orlando Sentinel. School officials did not respond to a request for comment.

Martin's father was not happy and grounded the teen for the duration of the suspension.

fyi, trayvon was on the honor roll and took 3 aerospace technology courses. please stop trying to make trayvon into a thug and recognize that an injustice has occurred. accept it.

thanks for posting this. It reminded me that I posted it 3 days ago.

fyi, trayvon was on the honor roll and took 3 aerospace technology courses. please stop trying to make trayvon into a thug and recognize that an injustice has occurred. accept it.

Why are you ignoring the eyewitness account of Trayvon attacking Zimmerman and even the cops saying Trayvon beat the sh1t out of him???

Remember how difficult it was hearing that 911 call in which we thought Trayvon was screaming for his life??? How do feel now, knowing that it was Zimmerman who was screaming for help???

NOBODY is trying to turn this kid into a thug. We are looking for facts. And the facts are painting a very different story than the one Al Sharpton has painted of this situation.

thanks for posting this. It reminded me that I posted it 3 days ago.

Most of us just skip your posts. hth

Why are you ignoring the eyewitness account of Trayvon attacking Zimmerman and even the cops saying Trayvon beat the sh1t out of him???

Remember how difficult it was hearing that 911 call in which we thought Trayvon was screaming for his life??? How do feel now, knowing that it was Zimmerman who was screaming for help???

NOBODY is trying to turn this kid into a thug. We are looking for facts. And the facts are painting a very different story than the one Al Sharpton has painted of this situation.

that wasn't zimmerman screaming for help. that is crazy to suggest it.

also, if zimmerman was following trayvon and confronted him, isn't trayvon allowed to defend himself???

also, if zimmerman was following trayvon and confronted him, isn't trayvon allowed to defend himself???

I am not the one suggesting it, the eyewitness that saw this incident is the one saying that.

It is not crazy to suggest it and you will see why once you see recent pictures of Trayvon instead of the pics of him when he is 8-14 years old they keep showing on TV. This kid is bigger than Zimmerman and in much better shape. Hell, even I was laughing bout the hoodie remarks making Trayvon sound like a thug. I truly thought this was a good kid, and he may well have been. But after seeing the recent pics, and considering Al Sharpton is on the kids side, I am not so sure anymore.

Sure Trayvon could defend himself, but you sure don't seem to think Zimmerman is allowed to do the same.

I mean, we have two people that were actually there saying the kid was attacking him and you just dismiss it because why exactly????

Since there was nobody else there, that is all we have as far as first hand knowledge.

I don't know what happened, but it sure looks like the more evidence gets released, the more it looks like we all jumped the gun on the assumptions. Which probably serves us right for believing a single thing Al Sharpton said.

Ha-ha, I was just thinking the same thing.

Speaking of riots... why do they always tear up their own neighborhoods? I never quite understood that.

Because they are animals.

Were you there? Did you read the police report? Why is that crazy to suggest that?

Is it NOT even REMOTELY possible that Zimmerman was, in fact being attacked for following Trayvon?

Are you SO certain that didn't happen that you wouldn't be willing to hear all of the facts before making that ascertation?

Um, I have no idea exactly what happened, but for you to "help us out with facts" by bringing a statement by Trayvon's family attorney is laughable.

I am not the one suggesting it, the eyewitness that saw this incident is the one saying that.

It is not crazy to suggest it and you will see why once you see recent pictures of Trayvon instead of the pics of him when he is 8-14 years old they keep showing on TV. This kid is bigger than Zimmerman and in much better shape. Hell, even I was laughing bout the hoodie remarks making Trayvon sound like a thug. I truly thought this was a good kid, and he may well have been. But after seeing the recent pics, and considering Al Sharpton is on the kids side, I am not so sure anymore.

Sure Trayvon could defend himself, but you sure don't seem to think Zimmerman is allowed to do the same.

I mean, we have two people that were actually there saying the kid was attacking him and you just dismiss it because why exactly????

Since there was nobody else there, that is all we have as far as first hand knowledge.

I don't know what happened, but it sure looks like the more evidence gets released, the more it looks like we all jumped the gun on the assumptions. Which probably serves us right for believing a single thing Al Sharpton said.

There were also people that said that Zimmerman was the one attacking Martin.

Do we know for sure that the voice on the tapes is Zimmerman?

There were also people that said that Zimmerman was the one attacking Martin.

Do we know for sure that the voice on the tapes is Zimmerman?

I didn't think anyone else saw it.

I haven't found anything that makes me absolutely sure who it is on the tape screaming for help.

I haven't found anything that makes me absolutely sure who it is on the tape screaming for help.

You should wheel on down there and get the story. :headbanger:

Well when the story originally came out there was the woman witness who said the police changed her report when she said she heard Trayvon screaming for help.

Also, I'm no voice recognition expert, but the person heard screaming for help sounded like a teenager to me. I'd prefer not to listen to it again. The report that his mom left the room crying when she heard the 911 tapes seemed to support that as well. That's why I was asking if we knew for sure who it was.

I truly thought this was a good kid, and he may well have been. But after seeing the recent pics, and considering Al Sharpton is on the kids side, I am not so sure anymore.

How is this kid on Al Sharpton's side. He's dead. He can't be on anyone's "side" now, thanks to Zimmerman.

Also, I'm no voice recognition expert, but the person heard screaming for help sounded like a teenager to me. I'd prefer not to listen to it again. The report that his mom left the room crying when she heard the 911 tapes seemed to support that as well. That's why I was asking if we knew for sure who it was.

I agree re: the voice. It sounds much more like a teenager than a grown man. Frankly I'd be shocked if it wasn't Martin screaming for help.

There was probably some kind of struggle and maybe Martin did rough up Zimmerman whilst defending himself from a psychopath WHO WAS FOLLOWING HIM. In fact I'll bet that's why Zimmerman killed him--I bet he was enraged that the kid would even try to defend himself.

I bet he was enraged that the kid would even try to defend himself.

The voice did sound like a kid, but I wouldn't make this bet at all.

This is a really bad situation and the facts should come put in a trial.

How is this kid on Al Sharpton's side. He's dead. He can't be on anyone's "side" now, thanks to Zimmerman.

I said Al was on this kid's side, not the other way around.

obviously you all are not familiar with the situation at all.

trayvon was walking home from the store minding his own business.

need proof? listen to zimmerman's 911 call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVwPqXc-bk

now where did you hear trayvon approach mr. zimmerman? zimmerman clearly states that he was following trayvon even after being asked not to. he says that trayvon ran away. trayvon's girlfriend was on the phone with him at the time and states trayvon was being followed. not the other way around!

now listen to this and tell me if that sounds like an adult screaming???

also, if it was zimmerman, please explain why the screams stop after the gun shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj4RHJ0taoc

also trayvon was wearing a hoodie not because he was trying to rob but because it was raining.

I agree re: the voice. It sounds much more like a teenager than a grown man. Frankly I'd be shocked if it wasn't Martin screaming for help.

There was probably some kind of struggle and maybe Martin did rough up Zimmerman whilst defending himself from a psychopath WHO WAS FOLLOWING HIM. In fact I'll bet that's why Zimmerman killed him--I bet he was enraged that the kid would even try to defend himself.

From what I have read, Zimmerman has a high pitched voice.

There were lots of burglaries in this area is supposedly why he was following this kid and made the comment that they always get away that we all heard on the phone call.

This kid is bigger than Zimmerman, so I am not so sure it went down like you are saying.

I said Al was on this kid's side, not the other way around.

Yeah but you are assuming the kid was wrong because Al Sharpton has taken his side. My point is, for all you know, maybe this kid thought Al Sharpton was a clown and wouldn't want him on his side. You can't hold Sharpton against the dead kid because the kid never chose to associate himself with Sharpton.

There were lots of burglaries in this area is supposedly why he was following this kid and made the comment that they always get away that we all heard on the phone call.

This kid is bigger than Zimmerman, so I am not so sure it went down like you are saying.

With all due respect, I think a lot of the stuff you are reading is from closet racists who are trying to justify Zimmerman's crime after the fact.

At any rate, I am all for this shaking out in a court of law. Let's see what happens. Let's see if Zimmerman can establish that it was him screaming or that Martin was a dangerous gangsta thug or that he had to shoot Martin to defend himself. The reason everyone is outraged is that Zimmerman wasn't arrested at all. If things stay as they are he won't have to stand trial so we'll never know if he committed murder or if he was defending himself within the bounds of the law.

instead of reading why aren't you LISTENING!

also, the KID was unarmed!

i don't understand your logic AT ALL.

this is really helping me understand the oj case.

i swear i would talk until i was blue in the face to some of my black friends and they just would not listen to facts or common sense.

it didn't matter what i said, they were convinced oj was innocent.

i think many white people are going to bear down and dig their heels in the sand and ignore the facts because they have a set belief in their minds and nothing, not even a video (i.e. rodney king) would convince them otherwise.

not arguing about this anymore. you are wasting my time and energy.