Sign in to follow this  
aggiewildlife

would you drop DeAngelo Williams for....

Those guys (especially Bell apparently) seem like they have a better chance of starting early on this season, as opposed to Williams who'll need an injury of Foster to get to play. Whaddaya think? I already have S Alexander, R Brown, J Jones, K Jones (trying to trade him), and C Benson. So it's not like I NEED a RB to start for me anytime soon. So either I get somebody who might start the season off well (like Bell) who I could then dangle as trade bait (or keep and trade another player), or I could stash Williams and hope that keeping him will pay dividends down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks! Will respond...

This is tough because more than likely Foster is gonna miss some time this year. The Panthers have a tough schedule this year against some pretty good Def. Greg Jones could be a nice option because of Fragile Freddy. So if you were gonna drop Williams for anyone i would go with Jones.

Id drop him for Bell, at best williams is going to do spot duty until or if foster gets hurt. Im a fan of foster, and think he is going to be the man this year. You never know what you are going to get with denver RBs, but if you have a 1/3 chance of hitting it big its worth it.

Unless you have Foster I'd drop Williams for Mike Bell, and probably Barlow. Why hang onto a backup whos entire value is based on some hypothetical injury when you can get a starting back. Just say that to yourself and see if it makes any sense.

Thanks, but I don't think we really know that Mike Bell is going to be the starter for Denver. And even if he is, is he only going to be getting 1/2 the carries? 1/3 of the carries? Unpredictable number of carries from one game to the next? That's how it played out in Denver last season, so I'm reluctant to jump into that mess again. BUt it's intrigueing, so I don't know what to do....

Thanks, but I don't think we really know that Mike Bell is going to be the starter for Denver. And even if he is, is he only going to be getting 1/2 the carries? 1/3 of the carries? Unpredictable number of carries from one game to the next? That's how it played out in Denver last season, so I'm reluctant to jump into that mess again. BUt it's intrigueing, so I don't know what to do....

Ok and how many carries is D Williams going to get? Your mode of reasoning makes no sense. You use the same logic to devalue one player while using it to value another. If you know something I don't then please let me know. I understand using basic guesswork you might decide that Foster is an injury risk but does that really mean he is going to get hurt? Every RB in the NFL is just 1 carry away from getting hurt. Ofcourse having a tendency to get banged up improves the chances of getting hurt but does it really mean he's going to get hurt?

I'd keep Williams, he's going to be getting a lot of the goal line carries I'd say. Fosters only played half of the 52 career games he's been a part of? He's the next stud!

Ok and how many carries is D Williams going to get? You're mode of reasoning makes no sense. You use the same logic to devalue one player while using it to value another. If you know something I don't then please let me know. I understand using basic guesswork you might decide that Foster is an injury risk but does that really mean he is going to get hurt? Every RB in the NFL is just 1 carry away from getting hurt. Ofcourse having a tendency to get banged up improves the chances of getting hurt but does it really mean he's going to get hurt?

My mode of reasoning makes perfect sense. The difference (as I see it) between Bell's situation and Williams' is that Bell might get to play every game of the season, but we may never know how much of the action he'll get on any given day. It might never be more than 50% of the carries. Williams, on the other hand, will likely get all of the action should Foster get hurt. So the decision I need to make is if I'd rather risk having a headache who I'll never be confident in how much time he'll get to play, or to keep a player who might prove excellent, but may never get that chance should Foster stay healthy.

I had T Bell last year and it was exciting and frustrating all at the same time. It seems like M Bell might be the new T Bell, and I don't know if I want to go through that again. But, I'm undecided what to do right now. M Bell seems more like the kind of runner the Denver system favors, perhaps he'll stick it out.

Those guys (especially Bell apparently) seem like they have a better chance of starting early on this season, as opposed to Williams who'll need an injury of Foster to get to play. Whaddaya think? I already have S Alexander, R Brown, J Jones, K Jones (trying to trade him), and C Benson. So it's not like I NEED a RB to start for me anytime soon. So either I get somebody who might start the season off well (like Bell) who I could then dangle as trade bait (or keep and trade another player), or I could stash Williams and hope that keeping him will pay dividends down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks! Will respond...

no, no and no

keep williams and stay away from the denver rb headache. theres no need to cause stress over a player you probably wont ever even use. bell isnt good trade bait either because all the other teams will have the same fears. williams might not pan out, but if he does there will be trade value.

I'd say keep Williams. If you are gonna drop him, I think Greg Jones is the next best thing...

Trade williams for a postion you dont have depth at. Tell the guy your trading to, that the guy in front of williams (foster) has injury problems. Hopefully he will bite. Once the trade goes through then pick up a RB