Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

At what age do you let your kid drink beers with you ?

Arent you the guy who drinks a fifth of vodka and a 12 pack of Miller Light per night?

I say never.

• Like 1

My youngest brother got to drink with the family at 20, rest of us were 21 before we drank with our dad.

Troubled childhood?? If you call being a nine year old kid with a thirty-five year old girlfriend troubled.

Not sure yet.

I could see having a couple beers with my sons when they are back from college during Christmas break.

18 is fine, old enough to be in the military. They can have a couple brews

• Like 1

18 is fine, old enough to be in the military. They can have a couple brews

Exactly brother.

Excellent kid in college. (Lives at home)

18 can have beers with me and at my freinds parties.

We play PS4 and Cards with :cheers: and it's cool.

I do not know about Skids but I never got the opportunity to drink with my father. :cry:

My boy is 21 and my older girl 19, we are fine with both having a drink if they aren't driving. :cheers:

I do not know about Skids but I never got the opportunity to drink with my father. :cry:

My dad died when I was 18, I never had that chance either. :(

My dad died when I was 18, I never had that chance either. :(

I was 16. Remembered you were young as well.

My uncle and dad gave me my first sip of Budweiser when I was probably no more than 9 years old. Maybe younger.

I still remember it to this day. Vividly.

They had this look on their face like they were expecting me to Pucker up my face and spit it out.

I loved it. From then on, those guys couldn't leave their beer unattended without losing a solid 40% of it every time.

Probably a pretty solid indicator of things to come.

1 beer? 15-16. Couple beers+? 17, cmon hes an adult pretty much, stop being a puzzy. At that age hes been drinking with friends already at parties.

I know a guy whose family tradition is taking a shot after killing their first bear. I believe his son is 12 and killed his first bear this year...he spit the shot of whiskey out. Dad was disappointed.

It'll be 18 but only if I know they will not be driving.

And done with high school.

It'll be 18 but only if I know they will not be driving.

And done with high school.

And if only he stays out of your study. And only after you're done blowing Kevin Spacey.

Yeah, we saw that movie too.

Lol@ 18. Unless the kid is a complete dweeb he will have long been drinking by then. I wasnt even a bad kid or troublemaker and we were getting drunk at 15 casually or at parties. You guys are puzzy as Fock, its 1 beer. Great bonding experience to teach him about keeping control and not overdoing it.

Lol@ 18. Unless the kid is a complete dweeb he will have long been drinking by then. I wasnt even a bad kid or troublemaker and we were getting drunk at 15 casually or at parties. You guys are puzzy as Fock, its 1 beer.

Well I realize they will probably drink before they turn 18. The question is when I start letting them drink with me.

Well I realize they will probably drink before they turn 18. The question is when I start letting them drink with me.

Exactly, so get ahead of the situation so his first experience isnt laying in a gutter after having too many fireball shots. Have a few beers with dad the kid will respect the hell out of you and appreciate the lessons you teach him.

I told both my kids they could drink at home if they wanted too at 18. Neither like drinking much. K cool

Exactly, so get ahead of the situation so his first experience isnt laying in a gutter after having too many fireball shots. Have a few beers with dad the kid will respect the hell out of you and appreciate the lessons you teach him.

I get that. Im not going to pretend like they arent going to drink and just hope for the best. We will have plenty of conversations about drinking and drinking/driving.

Thing is, I am going to be a parent...not their friend. When they become an adult, we can have more of a friend relationship.

Thing is, I am going to be a parent...not their friend. When they become an adult, we can have more of a friend relationship.

Easier said than done. In my experience, it was easier with my son.

Lol@ 18. Unless the kid is a complete dweeb he will have long been drinking by then. I wasnt even a bad kid or troublemaker and we were getting drunk at 15 casually or at parties. You guys are puzzy as Fock, its 1 beer. Great bonding experience to teach him about keeping control and not overdoing it.

Turn the other cheek at 16. But have a beer with them 18.

I was 15 when I started. Parents would act upset at yimes but really wasnt a big deal.

I get that. Im not going to pretend like they arent going to drink and just hope for the best. We will have plenty of conversations about drinking and drinking/driving.

Yea the driving thing is the most important. Especially with his bonehead friends. Have to make sure he knows he wont be in trouble if he needs to call you cuz hes too drunk or friend is too drunk.

Too many kids eff up because they fear their parents will be pissed at them when they find out they drank. Id rather tell him if he has to get wasted to see what its like (hes curious, trust me), its gonna be at home with his dad.

For a guy with no kids Im really giving you guys some A+ parenting advice.

Yea the driving thing is the most important. Especially with his bonehead friends. Have to make sure he knows he wont be in trouble if he needs to call you cuz hes too drunk or friend is too drunk. Too many kids eff up because they fear their parents will be pissed at them when they find out they drank. Id rather tell him if he has to get wasted to see what its like (hes curious, trust me), its gonna be at home with his dad.

For a guy with no kids Im really giving you guys some A+ parenting advice.

Lol. Yes to all of this, except I dont think he will be getting wasted at home with dad. :cheers:

My dad used to have me make him jack & cokes and 7&7's when I was 13. I may or may not have made one for myself at the same time. :ninja:

He didn't know we drank together until we had beers when I was 16.

I'd say 17 or 18 is fine for a couple of beers with your pops. Aren't there still states where you can drink beer at 18? I know there used to be.

My daughter gets horny as fuuck when I let her have champagne.

Every time my wife has yoga after work it's like fuucking New Year's Eve around here.

Opted not to have kids but Mama nzoner would occasionally buy us booze when we were seniors only if we stayed at the house.

Set a good example. If you cant drink responsibly, never. If you can, 21.

You seem like the kind of dad that thinks he should have the sex talk with his son when he’s 18.

• Like 1

Set a good example. If you cant drink responsibly, never. If you can, 21.

You don't have kids, correct?

You seem like the kind of dad that thinks he should have the sex talk with his son when he’s 18.

Nah. If I ever had kids, I’d talk to them early, like 10 or so. My assumption is kids do stuff earlier and earlier as time passes, and most sex/drinking/drug use starts in middle school.