Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Has anyone here seen Breaking Bad and NOT have it in their top 2 shows of all time?

Agree. Theres no world where Downton freaking abbey is a better show than BB. To my wife, yes, it is. His list is a lot of good shows, but not better ones.

To each their own. My list, my rankings.

Downton Abbey was an incredibly well done historical drama that gave us a fascinating look into the life early 1900s English aristocracy.

I liked it a lot.

It was also a refreshing change of pace vs. all the crime, gangster, prison, psycho, motorcycle gang and zombie shows that were running at the time.

What needs explaining, seems pretty accurate to me. Your as dumb as a box of rocks.

And you can't give a reason except for a lame stupid kindergarten response.

:lol:

Again *You're

:lol:

Try again

Obvious sarcasm shotsup, you are only slightly dumb.

I thought I wax replying to Vuduchile but ended up being you.

Whatever all good.

Ive tried to watch it several times. Made it through a season or so, then it loses me. Will probably try again at some point.

My top two are....

The west wing

Deadwood

took me a while to get thru the first few and "into" the show - started and stopped watching 2 or 3 times - I posted this way back. It's worth the early grind.

This. And I don’t think it would be better on HBO/Showtime as gratuitous sex/violence detracts from some of the other big shows - GoT is the perfect example. Hell, even the Walking Dead overdoes it on regular cable.

Breaking Bad was a glorious series.

But ranking them is tough as its subjective.

Prolly top 5 all time for me though.

Bryan Cranston confirms 'Breaking Bad' movie happening...

Sequel reportedly picking up Pinkman's story

Finally finished The Wire last night.

Although parts of it were fantastic, overall - highly overrated imo... Way too many weak storylines, way too many opportunities wasted... Take Omar for instance - the writing had this big, edge of your seat showdown shaping up between he and Marlo. And what do they do? They punt - have a 7 year old kid cap his ass... Are you freaking kidding me, WTF? Talk about a golden opportunity missed. This was just one of many instances were The Wire dropped the ball.

Top 20, sure....... but no where near top 5, not even top 10 for me.

I liked Breaking Bad. If I sat and thought about all of the shows that I liked, I'm sure I wouldn't have Breaking Bad in my top 10... probably not even top 20. 24 is the greatest ever for me.

No. And a lot of that has to do with the women.

Even Anna Gunn admitted writing her as a shrill harpy constantly being a pain in the ass didn't help. And her sister on there didn't help either.

And honestly? Pinkman's pretty lame on his own. Hes Try to Leverage his BB Fame to an actual career and has failed miserably.

The bad guys were phenomenal. Bryan Cranston was a discovery. His brother-in-law was great. And the crippled kid wasn't too bad either. Mike and Saul have proven that they could definitely carry a show.

So, biitches. Chicks and Pinky.