Just broke the kc season td passing record

I'm wet with delight

#246 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,333 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:45 AM

damn, apparently Mahomes' girlfriend's dad collapsed heading into the stadium, was taken to the hospital and ended up passing away :(

#Royals

#247 jaxjag

jaxjag

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

You're all making a mistake.  Mahomes will be on my team.  He's going to be great from the very start.

Props.  Lots of naysayers in August but you backed the right horse.

I especiaily liked a "I'll fill that spot with a lotto ticket" comment.

I had $6 in my pocket and a ticket for a cross country bus from Washington State. So, I bought two 6-packs of Olympia Beer and got on the bus. If some guy hadn't given me a Snickers Bar in Chicago... I wouldn't have made it.

#248 R8RMick

R8RMick

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:55 AM

damn, apparently Mahomes' girlfriend's dad collapsed heading into the stadium, was taken to the hospital and ended up passing away :(

My wife works with a lady who is best friends with that family, and who spent the entire time with them. It was actually the girl's stepdad. She said the team took care of everything, even flying the family back to Texas on a private jet. That's a class act.
"The floggings will continue until morale improves..."

#249 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,333 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

He's pretty good

#Royals

#250 R8RMick

R8RMick

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

He's pretty good

You don't deserve him clown.

#251 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,333 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

:banana:

#Royals

#252 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

We are looking at a Chiefs vs Rams SB unless the Cheatriots have something to say about it.

Saints will have some part of it im thinkin

#253 BobSanders_33

BobSanders_33

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:55 PM

The turnovers suck, but are we still saying this kid is just like a 5th round pick?

#254 Mark91G

Mark91G

FF Geek

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:53 AM

i know am getting a head of myself here but what happens if they go all the way, 

we all know superbowl rings = more money contracts, what happens if mahomes gets a ring on his 2nd year in rookie contract and frist year starting, also hunt and hill kelce will all want something along with line men. 

do the cheifs give him his bumper pay althought they would not have to but can you annoy the future of the team risk issues further down the line.

and if big names get paid then a few have to leave mahomes may go from super bowl to team rebuild in his fiorst 3 seasons which id hate to see as he and the team are just amazing to watch id liek to see him keep this level of team for a few years purley for my own selfish reasons of watching them 

2018 Team 

QB - Brees 

RB - Fournette, Kamara, Conner, Yeldon, A.Jones, Chubb

WR - Hilton, Baldwin, Funchess, Robinson

TE  - Kelce

K    - Parkey 

D    - Vikings, Eagles 

#255 Jarvis Basnight

Jarvis Basnight

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

my league doesn't penalize for turnovers.  I :wub: Pat

Charles Woodson - Heisman Trophy+National Championship+DPOY+Super Bowl+Philanthropist=Winning at Life!

#256 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

Peyton Manning 2013 stats through 11 games.

https://www.pro-foot...5-234-sum:stats

It's been a bad year. My old favorite restaurant closed down, and my new favorite restaurant sucks.

#257 sirensong

sirensong

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

made some wrong calls and dumb decisions last night, but this kid is just a joy to watch.  

#258 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,333 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

Through 426 pass attempts (mahomie's) current total...

Total tds:
Mahomes 37
Peyton 19
Rodgers 18
Brady 18
Brees 13

#Royals

#259 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,333 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:38 PM

MVP

#Royals

#260 Fireballer

Fireballer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

MVP

Yeah. That sealed it. Brees took a huge hit today.

#261 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

Yeah. That sealed it. Brees took a huge hit today.

Gurley or Aaron Donald anyone?

#262 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:06 PM

We may have a problem. If KC beats the Chargers on Thursday night, the Chiefs clinch the Division and a first round bye.

Does Reid allow Mahomie to chase records, or ease up for the playoffs?

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#263 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 46,333 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

We may have a problem. If KC beats the Chargers on Thursday night, the Chiefs clinch the Division and a first round bye.

Does Reid allow Mahomie to chase records, or ease up for the playoffs?

I don't know if will have to worry about it much. If they can rest in week 17 you still have first round which would mean two weeks off for mahomes. I think all the starters play through week 16.

#Royals

#264 unclemercy

unclemercy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

when are people eating their hats?
31-81

ROUGHING THE CENTER SINCE LAST NOVEMBER

#265 stonewall

stonewall

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

Alright, my late-round marvel, you have been money all year, and now all the chips are on the table.

It's...........SHOWTIME!

I feel my football knowledge is vastly superior to my opponents. I also am just in general, a smarter person. These two things should allow me a huge advantage. But I've yet to be truly dominant.

#266 Ehlana

Ehlana

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

So sad I missed out on him by one pick in my 2 QB league.

#267 Canadianfan

Canadianfan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 AM

The chiefs are not the same team since losing Kareem. The offense has regressed. There is no chance chiefs rest mahomes because of this. We have to remember the fact that he's only had 15 NFL starts. He's still almost a rookie. He needs more reps, more experience.

#268 R8RMick

R8RMick

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,361 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 AM

The chiefs are not the same team since losing Kareem. The offense has regressed. There is no chance chiefs rest mahomes because of this. We have to remember the fact that he's only had 15 NFL starts. He's still almost a rookie. He needs more reps, more experience.

Lol he's light years ahead of QBs who have been in the league for years, including Oakland's. What he needs is a defense.

#269 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,568 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Both Ware and Williams have performed just like Hunt would. This doesn't make any sense. Williams with 2 tds two games in a row. Ware had over 100 total yards last week. The Chiefs played a good defense last week. It's laughable that Hunt is the reason the offense isn't humming the Same when the replacement rbs are performing just as well :lol:

#270 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Come crunch time defense matters. KC's hasn't shown up when needed. They couldn't get off the field last night and allowed the Chargers to go on long, clock eating drives. 

#271 EternalShinyAndChrome

EternalShinyAndChrome

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Wasn't the Chargers game winning drive over 8 minutes?

I believe they were down 14 with 8 minutes to go.  So they had TWO drives in those 8 minutes.

#272 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

I believe they were down 14 with 8 minutes to go.  So they had TWO drives in those 8 minutes.

Yeah. True. What a great finish.

#273 Canadianfan

Canadianfan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Both Ware and Williams have performed just like Hunt would. This doesn't make any sense. Williams with 2 tds two games in a row. Ware had over 100 total yards last week. The Chiefs played a good defense last week. It's laughable that Hunt is the reason the offense isn't humming the Same when the replacement rbs are performing just as well :lol:

Not laughable at all. Teams aren't gameplanning the run anymore...daring them to pass. Look at the last few weeks.. they scored 17 at home vs Baltimore before the final drive and miracle mahomes pass. I was at the game yesterday at arrowhead ....mahomes passing window has closed....those wide open receivers are not getting open anymore .....not sure why you're not seeing this. Fact

#274 Canadianfan

Canadianfan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Seattle will loss this week in San Fran making next weeks match vs kc a must win for both sides. They'll lose to Seattle

#275 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Seattle will loss this week in San Fran making next weeks match vs kc a must win for both sides. They'll lose to Seattle

I'm not buying on this one.

#276 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,568 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Not laughable at all. Teams aren't gameplanning the run anymore...daring them to pass. Look at the last few weeks.. they scored 17 at home vs Baltimore before the final drive and miracle mahomes pass. I was at the game yesterday at arrowhead ....mahomes passing window has closed....those wide open receivers are not getting open anymore .....not sure why you're not seeing this. Fact

4.6 ypc for Hunt in 2018. That's good but nothing special.

#277 Canadianfan

Canadianfan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Yes but there's more to those numbers. He's the rushing leader of last year, teams make more of an effort to stop him. His running lanes aren't as open as the other two. And his ability to run openes up passing lanes ....it's not a coincidence that mahomes' passing yards have regressed ...it's tougher now.

#278 Canadianfan

Canadianfan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

I'm not questioning mahomes at all. He's a special talent with an arm that is 2nd to none.
Give him an offensive minded coach, an elite WR, the best TE in the NFL, and RB that runs with authority and you have yourself a perfect offense. Take away one of the four and things become noticeably more difficult. Now take away 1/2 of another (hill limping around) and the offense becomes regular.

Last night of it wasn't for rivers throwing two picks, losing Keenan Allen in the 1st quarter, the chargers easily win. Now put Gordon on that team with a healthy Allen, we have the best team in the NFL.

#279 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Nothing special? So Gurley and Elliot are 4.4 and 4.7 yards per carry respectively for their careers and you are saying 4.6 is nothing special? How many feature backs with multiple years under their belt are averaging 5+ ypc?

#280 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,568 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Nothing special? So Gurley and Elliot are 4.4 and 4.7 yards per carry respectively for their careers and you are saying 4.6 is nothing special? How many feature backs with multiple years under their belt are averaging 5+ ypc?

I dont think Gurley is a special running back. He is in a special situation on a high powered offense, like Gordon. Gurley is a good rb.