Sign in to follow this  
GameDay Guru

David Johnson Trade Value

I am considering grabbing Johnson has a risk/reward stash for the playoffs....have anyone seen him traded this week? I am interested in the market value for him currently.

I think you need the DJ team to be 0-3 before the owner really thinks about dealing and then they might not want to help build your super team. I've seen on trade last week which was DJ for Marty Bryant. The DJ owner doesn't think he will be back at all this year. That is a rare opinion.

I don't want him in redrafts. At best your looking at DJ coming back for the fantasy playoffs. By then I believe Arizona will be out of the playoff picture and won't rush him back out there. Even if he does come back. He'll be out for 3 months, he won't be in game shape for at least a week or two. The chances of being able to start him with confidence in the playoffs is slim.

I agree with what is said above....that is why I am trying to gauge the market. The DJ owner is actively trying to move him and save the season. If he's going at rock bottom prices, I would be tempted, DJ's upside is far higher than anything I'll find on the waiver wire.

I don't want him in redrafts. At best your looking at DJ coming back for the fantasy playoffs. By then I believe Arizona will be out of the playoff picture and won't rush him back out there. Even if he does come back. He'll be out for 3 months, he won't be in game shape for at least a week or two. The chances of being able to start him with confidence in the playoffs is slim.

with what we have seen so far, I don't see how people think Arizona will be out of the playoff picture

I see 8-8 or 9-7 winning that division, and I think AZ sweeps the 49ers, and splits with the Rams and Seahawks (they always do). Another win here or there (they play the AFC South all games are winnable) and they get DJ back around week 11 to possible sneak into contention

schedule gets really easy there soon

Dal

SF

Phil

TB

then

LAR

SF

Sea

Hous

Jax

LAR

Tenn

Wash

NYG

Sea

with what we have seen so far, I don't see how people think Arizona will be out of the playoff picture

I see 8-8 or 9-7 winning that division, and I think AZ sweeps the 49ers, and splits with the Rams and Seahawks (they always do). Another win here or there (they play the AFC South all games are winnable) and they get DJ back around week 11 to possible sneak into contention

schedule gets really easy there soon

Dal

SF

Phil

TB

then

LAR

SF

Sea

Hous

Jax

LAR

Tenn

Wash

NYG

Sea

Have you watched Arizona play at all? They might be the worst team in their division. It took over time to beat the Colts, a week after the Rams worked them.

Some guy on here wanted to trade Gurley for him and thought he would be getting a good deal.

In a redraft league I can understand that move.

Redraft I would probably unload. Dynasty no change in value.

Will try to pick up David Johnson on my 2-0 team, but he will take up valuable valuable slot (have to drop Dak for him) .... I am hoping it will pay off.

I traded Hyde for him wk1 when the news first hit that it will be 2-3month injury. That would put the return from wk 10-14 which I could live with. Now in hindsight, after Hyde had that great game... I'm not so sure. I think I gave away a true workhorse back.

If any are thinking about DJ, I wouldn't give up that much for him. Hold him for a few weeks and if there is no positive signs of him returning or if Arizona seems like they're not going to be in contention. I would stop holding him and free up the roster spot.

i traded away DJ an TY Hilton for M. Lynch, J. Stewart, T. Hill and M. Bryant. DJ will be back for for FF playoffs at best, and not be in game shape. Get what you can for him.

He was just dropped in one of my leagues. I'm debating whether I want to burn my #1 waiver priority on him. Arians said that he may not even be back until week 16. My fear is that he won't come back at all if the Cards are out of playoff contention.

Offering Dalvin, K Allen in a redraft.

I'm 2-0, guy is 0-2.

My starting line up in a 12 team will look like this with DJ on the bench...

Ryan/Stanford

Zeke

McCaffery (admittedly no depth after that, J Williams GB)

T Hill

D Hopkins

Gronk

Flex- Hurns, Macklin

I'm 2-0, guy is 0-2.

Ryan/Stanford

Zeke

T Hill

D Hopkins

Gronk

Flex- Hurns, Macklin

way too much, one guy or the other should be way more than enough

also not sure how you have that team in a redraft

even if you got Zeke at 2:12, how did you then get Allen, Mccaffrey, Cook, Gronk (all 3rd rounders or better) and Hill, Hopkins, Ryan (all 5th rounders or better)

Ugh - I was the 1.1 in a 14 team redraft league. I am holding to him, but I'm about to take a qb #2 because of Bradford looks like he done as my backup, or taking a 2nd TE for upcoming bye week. He's not worth a roster spot at this point in a redraft IMO. I'm about to cut loose in the next 10 days. Cya David Johnson

way too much, one guy or the other should be way more than enough

also not sure how you have that team in a redraft

even if you got Zeke at 2:12, how did you then get Allen, Mccaffrey, Cook, Gronk (all 3rd rounders or better) and Hill, Hopkins, Ryan (all 5th rounders or better)

Agreed, I was drunk trading. He declined for just Cook. I pulled Cook/Allen off the table before he could accept. My feels are that DJ will be back end Nov, and am in love with the idea of Zeke/DJ RBs for the playoffs.

As for my team, lll take your statement as a compliment.

It was an auction draft, 08/19, 200 budget.

Zeke 35

Gronk 29

Hill 23

McCaffery 32

Cook 27

Hopkins 11 (nominated super late)

Allen 21

Ryan and Stanford were both under 7

I don't spend more than 1 on DEF/K

Did you plan on losing games when he wasn't out?

I only play in Dynasty and haven't seen DJ traded in any of my leagues as of yet. It's just too hard to replace someone like that and the owner is likely screwed for the season without him. Why ruin their team overall is likely the prevailing thought. In Dynasty, I'm assuming he's still going to require the nominal ADP price typically associated with a trade like this. If I owned him, because of his age and ability, I would be expecting a small ransom. Anything short of me taking in his true value, plus a bit more to get me to agree to do the deal, would be a foolish move. As you said, the injury doesn't touch his value in Dynasty. That said, I can't imagine some of the idiotic offers the DJ owners must be receiving right now. lol

Redraft I would probably unload. Dynasty no change in value.

I'm 2-0, guy is 0-2.

Ryan/Stanford

Zeke

T Hill

D Hopkins

Gronk

Flex- Hurns, Macklin

In a redraft, sitting at 0-2, this is more than a fair offer for the DJ owner. I think it's actually too much. I'd offer Allen straight up before including Cook. Cook may struggle a bit without Bradford, but I personally believe he's the best RB in this year's class. Hard to play with Keenum as your starter though. Just ask Gurley!

In a dynasty auction ppr, I have DJ at $9. A team selling now has just offered me Fournette ($19), Doug Martin ($4) and J Landry ($14).

Being 1-2 this year, this move would put me all in to try to win this year. Is this a fair offer for DJ knowing its a dynasty keeper league?