Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Cowboys should have drafted Jalen Ramsey then Derrick Henry instead of Zeke

Interesting article on Derrick Henry being better than Ezekiel Elliot and the Cowboys could have gotten more value in last year's draft had they targeted Henry in the 2nd round. According to the writer, Dallas should have drafted Jalen Ramsey with the 4th pick because Henry would have still been there. I kind of agree with them but more importantly, I have Henry in my Keeper league and is excited about his potential breakout season.

https://sports.yahoo...-202724900.html

• Like 1

Zeke led the league in rushing last season and Henry is yet to rush for 100 yards in a game

I think Henry will be a good RB but he's still basically playing back up for the guy Zeke took his job from

Got to put things in perspective

Zeke led the league in rushing last season and Henry is yet to rush for 100 yards in a game

I think Henry will be a good RB but he's still basically playing back up for the guy Zeke took his job from

Got to put things in perspective

What is Zeke leading the league in this year? Beating women and taking plays off? Derrick has yet to touch a woman and trucked a defensive player for a touchdown this year. I'm just saying........

The Zeke is the perfect fit for the Cowboys.

On and off the field.

• Like 1

Again, more ignorant comments.

Get your facts straight before stating he hit a woman. You obviously can't read or are to lazy to research the allegations.

As for this season, he's played two focking games one of which was against the best defense in the league. Really focking confused as to why people are questioning his ability. I suspect they are DAL haters or live in Michigan... ew, gross.

• Like 1

Henry is good, but Zeke is a freak and just on a different level.

Hes not that special dude. Though I still rank his raw talent above Henry's

Get your facts straight before stating he hit a woman. You obviously can't read or are to lazy to research the allegations.

As for this season, he's played two focking games one of which was against the best defense in the league. Really focking confused as to why people are questioning his ability. I suspect they are DAL haters or live in Michigan... ew, gross.

Is that you Skip Bayless?

These hindsight articles are stupid.

*Doesn't account for Jaylon Smith in the 2nd that they took after Zeke, who leads the team in tackles. So it's not just Zeke vs Ramsey/Henry, but Zeke/Smith vs Ramsey/Henry.

* Changing the Zeke pick in Rd1 means a butterfly affect opens up, and therefore you can't presume the rest of the draft order holds. Perhaps TN decides they want to trade up over Dal in Rd 2 because they know Dal is craving a RB, so they move up to 31 and take Henry. It's about the equivalent of what MN moved up to get Cook this year, and TN had the ammo considering they still had a boatload of picks from moving out of #1.

The next RBs after Henry were Kenyan Drake, CJ Prosise, Tyler Ervin, Kenneth Dixon, Devontae Booker, Deandre Washington, Paul Perkins who have all done nothing. Jordan Howard went after, but even he now has some question marks. If they miss out on Henry, it could look like a disaster.

Dal had a great 2016 draft, just let it be to whoever wrote this article.

These hindsight articles are stupid.

*Doesn't account for Jaylon Smith in the 2nd that they took after Zeke, who leads the team in tackles. So it's not just Zeke vs Ramsey/Henry, but Zeke/Smith vs Ramsey/Henry.

* Changing the Zeke pick in Rd1 means a butterfly affect opens up, and therefore you can't presume the rest of the draft order holds. Perhaps TN decides they want to trade up over Dal in Rd 2 because they know Dal is craving a RB, so they move up to 31 and take Henry. It's about the equivalent of what MN moved up to get Cook this year, and TN had the ammo considering they still had a boatload of picks from moving out of #1.

The next RBs after Henry were Kenyan Drake, CJ Prosise, Tyler Ervin, Kenneth Dixon, Devontae Booker, Deandre Washington, Paul Perkins who have all done nothing. Jordan Howard went after, but even he now has some question marks. If they miss out on Henry, it could look like a disaster.

Dal had a great 2016 draft, just let it be to whoever wrote this article.

tacking on as well to my original, but this doesn't account for the presence that Zeke had both as a receiver and blocker in Dak's development.

Dak was in a perfect situation last year where he didn't have to yet be "the guy", and who knows how that changes if they take Zeke out of the equation and he has to do even more; especially if they lose out on Henry in the 2nd. Maybe Kenyan Drake in the 3rd (btw, lose out on Maliek Collins, their now starting DT) could be better playing behind this Dallas o-line, but he's nowhere near the blocker that Zeke is, so Dak's situation would have been completely different if that element is taken away.

Preaching to the choir with me.. This Cowboys team should of already had it's starting RB on roster - we should of had him by virtue of the deep 2015 RB draft.

Preaching to the choir with me.. This Cowboys team should of already had it's starting RB on roster - we should of had him by virtue of the deep 2015 RB draft.

let's say they take David Johnson in the 2nd in 2015 over Randy Gregory; that probably means they're a better team in 2015 though so would have a higher draft pick, which means they wouldn't get Ramsey in 2016 anyway.

perhaps because they're a better team in 2015, they go all in in 2016 to try one last time to get Romo a ring, and decide to pass over Dak for someone that had a straighter path to playing.

we could play this game forever.

What is Zeke leading the league in this year? Beating women and taking plays off? Derrick has yet to touch a woman and trucked a defensive player for a touchdown this year. I'm just saying........

Okay so this doesn't really have anything to do with fantasy football, just your SJW/Cowboy hate crusade

Plus Zeke has more 100 yard games this season than Henry

Zeke accounted for 2,000+ yards and 16 TD in 15 games last season. The cowboys were back in the playoffs.

I can almost guarantee Henry will never sniff those numbers in his career.

• Like 1

I don't disagree with the above post.

Bit behind that Oline he might have had 1400 or more total yards and it's a hard o ento say he wouldn't have scored 16 tds behind that Oline.

Zeke is better but I think Henry is pretty good.

But to combo Henry and Ramsey I can see the value of doing that.

Great post, very interesting, thank you for posting it.

• Like 1

Jaylon Smith, the 2nd round pick that Henry would have been, is playing pretty well this season

Leads the team in tackles

He's a year behind but hard not to take it into account

Zeke accounted for 2,000+ yards and 16 TD in 15 games last season. The cowboys were back in the playoffs.

I can almost guarantee Henry will never sniff those numbers in his career.

Oh come on. Henry behind that line could have done that plus the Cowboys could have had Ramsey or another premium defensive player. They lost value.

Oh come on. Henry behind that line could have done that plus the Cowboys could have had Ramsey or another premium defensive player. They lost value.

what if TN trades above Dallas though because everyone knows that Dallas wants a big time RB and there's only one more left in that top tier? TN has draft picks galore already from trading out of #1, so they absolutely could afford it.

you can't just presume the board holds the same; that's why this whole exercise is silly.

Hes not that special dude. Though I still rank his raw talent above Henry's

Lmfao. He is by far the best RB in the NFL. He is a once in a decade RB. All these dummies that think leveon bell is better really makes me laugh.

• Like 1

Until he can does it, it's all horsechit.

Let's all put the crack pipe down. The guy has had ONE bad game. He has the best combination of speed and power since Peterson . Go look back at his highlights from last year. It's not just the offensive line, its the way he finishes his runs, punishing hits, and speed to the outside. That can't be taught.......A three down back straight out of college! C.mon guys

The only problem with Zeke is his off field issues. If there's a reason that he won't succeed in the NFL it will be that. Definetly not because of a lack of skill.

• Like 2

Was that 9 rushes for 8 yards or 8 rushes for 9 rushes?

Dude should stop wearing half-shirts while sporting that belly.

And to top it off he can't stay out of trouble. Stick up for him all you want, but I don't see DJ having all these accusations.

Let's all put the crack pipe down. The guy has had ONE bad game. He has the best combination of speed and power since Peterson . Go look back at his highlights from last year. It's not just the offensive line, its the way he finishes his runs, punishing hits, and speed to the outside. That can't be taught.......A three down back straight out of college! C.mon guys

The only problem with Zeke is his off field issues. If there's a reason that he won't succeed in the NFL it will be that. Definetly not because of a lack of skill.

He got fat. Add that to him being a human piece of crap. And someone who gives up in 3rd quarters when times get tough.

Exactly

I look forward to the awkward silence over the next three weeks...

@ARI

vs STL

vs GB

If by then he is still having those 8yd games or repeatedly beating women senseless, I'll eat crow; otherwise, kill this focking thread.

• Like 1

Was that 9 rushes for 8 yards or 8 rushes for 9 rushes?

Dude should stop wearing half-shirts while sporting that belly.

And to top it off he can't stay out of trouble. Stick up for him all you want, but I don't see DJ having all these accusations.

I also don't see Zeke on IR

• Like 1

I look forward to the awkward silence over the next three weeks...

@ARI

vs STL

vs GB

If by then he is still having those 8yd games or repeatedly beating women senseless, I'll eat crow; otherwise, kill this focking thread.

Speaking of eating, Zeke didn't do his little "feed me" dance not once in the last game. That is really sad if you think about it. I would have pouted too if Denver took that away from me ole big baby.

Speaking of eating, Zeke didn't do his little "feed me" dance not once in the last game. That is really sad if you think about it. I would have pouted too if Denver took that away from me ole big baby.

Michigan Fan?

Giants Fan?

Seafoam1?

I'm not a detective, but it's of the three...

Doesn't really matter, just don't disappear guy after Monday.

Michigan Fan?

Giants Fan?

Seafoam1?

I'm not a detective, but it's of the three...

Doesn't really matter, just don't disappear guy after Monday.

Actually, I'm a Titans fan so I have no dog in the fight and If I cheer for any college team it would be for the University of Memphis. Let me guess, Buckeyes fan because it's obvious you are a Jerry's World puppet.

So rank these guys this year Zeke, Hunt, Bell, Henry, Gurley. Who will be top 3. Discuss

Hunt, Gurley, Cook, Henry, Ajayi, Cohen, Bell.........list goes on before Zeke can be discussed.

Jaylon Smith, the 2nd round pick that Henry would have been, is playing pretty well this season

Leads the team in tackles

He's a year behind but hard not to take it into account

Had they drafted Ramsey, maybe he would have been on the field to intercept Aaron Rodger's pass to Jared Cook. :music_guitarred:

Had they drafted Ramsey, maybe he would have been on the field to intercept Aaron Rodger's pass to Jared Cook. :music_guitarred:

A CB on a TE?

Not likely but I get you are a Titans fan so what do you know about playoff football? :dunno:

It's also a lie that you don't have a dog in this fight considering the entire point of this thread is you whining about Zeke being better than Henry.

• Like 1

Lmfao. He is by far the best RB in the NFL. He is a once in a decade RB. All these dummies that think leveon bell is better really makes me laugh.

:lol: :lol:

Good one!