Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

How to play the oil market on a budget.

From the guy that brought you sco a stock that went from 42 when I started watching it 68 when I shared it here and 99 today . A way to double leverage a play on oil going up instead of down is going to be another pro shares etf. UCO is the exact opposite of SCO. It's at 7 bucks a share and if you think oil has hit a bottom or you are expecting opec to step in this would be what you are looking for. It's going to be hold for a year or so but mid 50s a year from now is doable and 7 bucks not much. Again I have no vested interest in this stock.

When I was a teenager, what was cool was lkke the 60,s cars, Mustangs, Chevelles, ya know muscle cars. The big luxury stuff also cam out at that time like the 460 Lincoln suicide door. While the muscle cars had a resurgance, and Mopar went crazy, then the trend was little old pickup trucks. The next trend is big, bad-ass Lincolns and Caddilacs.

Buy old full sized Lincoln,s and Mercury's. I do actually expect for oil prices to continue to fall.

• Like 1

The price of oil is dropping because the OPEC countries want the non-OPEC countries to stop producing. It won't fall much more, they just want countries like Russia, Kazakhstan, Mexico, etc.. To stop producing.

2015 might be a low for oil, but it will be back to the norm in 2016

I was right about muscle cars, that's the next big thing. "Sleds". I am invested in the 1965 model full sized Mercury

The price of oil is dropping because the OPEC countries want the non-OPEC countries to stop producing. It won't fall much more, they just want countries like Russia, Kazakhstan, Mexico, etc.. To stop producing.

2015 might be a low for oil, but it will be back to the norm in 2016

The question is...What is the norm? or will there be a new norm in the $50, $60 or back to the $110 range.

Is shale a real game changer for oil? I bet long a few years ago that it was and it worked well. Wish I would have sold all but only half and now have one stock WLL ( I had Kodiac shares) that is worth 1/3 of where it was a couple of mothns ago. I'm thinking of adding to my position and have been reading every thing out there but the talking heads don't know shiot at this point. So I think investing in it at this point would be a real gamble and not an investment.

Do you or Bert have any industry reading that may give the average joe some insite?

He is just saying that so there is less investment in shale. There are scenarios that could have the price of oil above 100 dollars by next summer. It is unlikely, but certainly possible.

Most likely scenario is oil around 70 by end of the summer with 80 as the average over the next couple years.

I think it's foolish to expect oil to stay around 40. Hell it could dip below but it will.come up at some point. 100? Not sure but you don't need 100 to make a nice roi on a long oil play.

At this point I'm just not sure if I want to do an etf play or go with a few individual stocks such as Chesapeake energy.

I'm really tempted to just open a trading account with my bank, USAA, and buy like $300-500 worth, but I've never done it before and I'm a little skert. :(

So basically, the question becomes where do the geeks think the low on oil is. I've been reading 42

So should I pull the trigger then?

On 300-500 wager on oil rebounding? I don't see why not. You're not betting you're mortgage and you stand to triple your investment or more.

If you're just starting out the only think u need to know is stay away from penny stock scams and don't invest more than you can stomach losing or any amount that you'll need access to as you may be looking at holding the investment for 2 or 3 years

The company I work for would be a safe stock. But it would not make you rich.

Our stock price has fallen from 120 to 75.

The company I work for would be a safe stock. But it would not make you rich.

Our stock price has fallen from 120 to 75.

Without looking up stock prices do you work for chevron?

It's still a finite resource that is heavily consumed worldwide. The price WILL come back up and likely with a vengeance

01/14/2015 Buy UCO Proshares TR II 65.00 $7.69 -$499.85

So... alrighty I bit. We'll see how she goes. Seems a pretty low risk way to dip my toe in.

Oil prices will be back up. I agree with MTSkiBum, 70 by the end of the year/1st Q 2016 and hanging around mid 70s/low 80s for a couple of years. World wide consumption will grow and there will be turmoil in the Middle East.

Kilroy you caught this one correctly but timing the market and oil prices is a very risky game. Say for example Iran attacks Kuwait or sinks a Saudi tanker tomorrow oil will be at 65 by Friday.

Dumped half of my play (2,500 shares) in an stagnant underachiever (ALU), 1,000 shares of UCO teed up awaiting execution. Let's do this. :thumbsup:

Sweet! I'm a little fish at 65 shares, but I'm with you bro.

Wait is yours play or real monies? :huh:

oh its real, its damn real. I have a segment of my portfolio that I treat with reckless abandon at times. Over the years its seen stocks like EDIG that was a pump and dump special during the era of crazy daytrading. Bought that beauty at WA of about 4 bucks, still have a ton of it valued at about .10/share :lol: . WWE was another bought on a whim. Many other penny stocks as well. Some winners, some big winners, and many, many losers. I would have been better off investing this in likely anything and just keeping it there, but where is the fun in that?

UCO is up 7 percent today.

paid 8.05 on a spike not too long after beer paid 7.69

Not bad. That's almost a quarter a share off the bat. +240 @ 1k shares.

UCO is up 7 percent today.

not worried about today i think you will still have opportunity to buy lower. i still do think oil will hit 42-43.

not worried about today i think you will still have opportunity to buy lower. i still do think oil will hit 42-43.

As a long term play what it did today is not relevant. However it does show how just little moves in oil upwards can make this etf profitable.

Oil prices will be back up. I agree with MTSkiBum, 70 by the end of the year/1st Q 2016 and hanging around mid 70s/low 80s for a couple of years. World wide consumption will grow and there will be turmoil in the Middle East.

Kilroy you caught this one correctly but timing the market and oil prices is a very risky game. Say for example Iran attacks Kuwait or sinks a Saudi tanker tomorrow oil will be at 65 by Friday.

That's what this stock needs. 90 was the exit point for me on sco. It's a double short on oil and anything above 90 is good but greedy. UCO though is a double long. If oil went to 65 this stock would hover around 30 to 40 a share. Which would be a good roi.

That's what this stock needs. 90 was the exit point for me on sco. It's a double short on oil and anything above 90 is good but greedy. UCO though is a double long. If oil went to 65 this stock would hover around 30 to 40 a share. Which would be a good roi.

I understand, my point was if the attack happend why you were playing the down side you would have been focked.

I understand, my point was if the attack happend why you were playing the down side you would have been focked.

what if opec does not step in and lets the floor for oil hit 20 a barrel? Investing is always gonna be a guess on what you think the future holds.

bought 500 more at 8.25, WA of 8.1167 on this sumbitch.

Lets rock.

I have a few barrels in my yard.

what if opec does not step in and lets the floor for oil hit 20 a barrel? Investing is always gonna be a guess on what you think the future holds.

Very true. Your original email came off like you were an authority. As long as you know this is no different than betting on sports in Vegas have fun. Good luck! I hope you are correct and make a bunch of money I like higher oil prices myself.

bought 500 more at 8.25, WA of 8.1167 on this sumbitch.

Lets rock.

Where do you keep them?

Very true. Your original email came off like you were an authority. As long as you know this is no different than betting on sports in Vegas have fun. Good luck! I hope you are correct and make a bunch of money I like higher oil prices myself.

If there is such a thing as a shadetree investor I am it. I watch the markets and I am pretty good at picking winners based on timing. I am no authority though.Just an average joe. I would say its easier than picking winners in vegas as long as your in it long term and dont expect to make money tomorrow. No way oil stays this low for long and any jump in price is going to positivly effect the stock price of uco.

If there is such a thing as a shadetree investor I am it. I watch the markets and I am pretty good at picking winners based on timing. I am no authority though.Just an average joe. I would say its easier than picking winners in vegas as long as your in it long term and dont expect to make money tomorrow. No way oil stays this low for long and any jump in price is going to positivly effect the stock price of uco.

I agree on the oil price. However, at this stage in my life (10 years from retirement god willing) I am not comfortable taking on that kind of risk. I am all about asset allocation and diversification.

I agree on the oil price. However, at this stage in my life (10 years from retirement god willing) I am not comfortable taking on that kind of risk. I am all about asset allocation and diversification.

Pvssy! :lol:

j/k man. I am hopefully on a similar (maybe shorter) timeframe. I have a small percentage of my portfolio that I gamble with on things like this. To me, its gambling, but I like to think I have information on my side here. With the amounts I am playing with its not gonna materially change my retirement plans either way.

Pvssy! :lol:

j/k man. I am hopefully on a similar (maybe shorter) timeframe. I have a small percentage of my portfolio that I gamble with on things like this. To me, its gambling, but I like to think I have information on my side here. With the amounts I am playing with its not gonna materially change my retirement plans either way.

Yeah pretty much!

8 bucks a share is too much of a risk 10 years out from retirement? That's ultra conservative