Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

***Official World Cup 2018*** Thread

I want to see a match where two teams are trying to get carded but everyone is no-selling tackles and elbows. Might actually make it worth watching.

Germany just never looked great this tournament. So much like Spain in the last one.

France has been so talked about but they have not been impressive either.

Belgium to me have been the most impressive. Having the luxury of DeBruyne, Hazard and Lukaku is nice for them and the dreads guy that came in as a sub last game looked great for depth too.

England coming alive last game was nice to see as well (but they like to find ways to screw it up).

Senegal is my fun team to watch for this thus far outside of Belgium.

germany did not look great, and i do not think they deserved to move on. they did amass a decent amount of possession (and their typical high % passing) but in general seemed passive. much more aggressive vs sweden.

nothing jaw dropping from france, but they are are doing what they need to do

everyone is waiting for the usual collapse from england... always a fine assembly of talent, but cannot excel.

Belgium was my dark horse.... players you mentioned are excellent, plus solid defenders and keepers

Lewandowski, one of the greatest goal scorers in the world, misses a point blank shot that would have put Senegal in. These 3rd games in tight groups have so much riding on both games.

as a fan of bayern munchen, have loved (and not loved- dortmund) watching him play.

Considering this. England and Belgium are in a dead heat and play each other. And the loser gets a better draw. I expect a steel cage match with no goalies.

Mark Cuban got fined for tanking, at it wasn't nearly as obvious as these two.

as a fan of bayern munchen, have loved (and not loved- dortmund) watching him play.

"loved", truly past tense. I assume bayern has his replacement waiting in the wings. They will need many replacements in the near future, some old legs on that team.

Those of you that don't like Penalty Kicks as a way to end a knockout game (playoff game). Really missed a humdinger of a doozy last night. Holy shiza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7UM5G8gmLI&feature=onebox

BOTH games yesterday ended in PKs

The lowest seeded team in the tournament (Russia) won their match against Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4SkWKS7X1E&feature=onebox

The goalies we're outstanding. At around the 115 mark of OT, Denmark commits a desperate tackle in the box to set up a pk. Den goalie made an amazing save vs modric to send it kicks.

The goalies we're outstanding. At around the 115 mark of OT, Denmark commits a desperate tackle in the box to set up a pk. Den goalie made an amazing save vs modric to send it kicks.

Should have been a red card, other than that, everything was as it should have been. stunning save. a potential GOAT save.

Lucky for Luka Modrić his goalie bailed his ass out in PKs, or he would have been the real goat

• Like 1

Japan strikes first.

Using their height advantage?

Japan strikes first.

Franklin Roosevelt ain't walking through that door

:clap:

Ni to Ni

5 out of 6 KO games were unreal. Brazil v Mexico was pretty good. What a great tournament, delivers every time.

Belgium's confidence early in the second half was clearly waffling.

5 out of 6 KO games were unreal. Brazil v Mexico was pretty good. What a great tournament, delivers every time.

It really does. The knockout rounds are must watch for any true sports fan

you can feel the nerves when you watch.

Those of you that don't like Penalty Kicks as a way to end a knockout game (playoff game). Really missed a humdinger of a doozy last night. Holy shiza

BOTH games yesterday ended in PKs

The lowest seeded team in the tournament (Russia) won their match against Spain

I'll give you Croatia/Belgium. But that Russia/Spain match was a traveshamockery and what is fundamentally wrong with soccer, at least at this level. Spain was so much better it was embarrassing that Russia could just collapse back in a cocoon and ultimately win. :thumbsdown:

I'll give you Croatia/Belgium. But that Russia/Spain match was a traveshamockery and what is fundamentally wrong with soccer, at least at this level. Spain was so much better it was embarrassing that Russia could just collapse back in a cocoon and ultimately win. :thumbsdown:

Spain was boring as fock. Completed a zillion passes in the midfield while rarely advancing the ball. They got what the soccer gods give to superior teams that try to run the clock out.

Belgium and Japan was crazy. Did not want to have it go to overtime as I wanted to leave work at 4PM. They didn't disappoint.

:cheers:

It really does. The knockout rounds are must watch for any true sports soccer fan

you can feel the nerves when you watch.

Fixed...

Neymar slammed by Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel for what he did in Brazil's win over Mexico

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neymar-slammed-manchester-united-legend-12843664

Peter Schmeichel has hammered Neymar for play-acting – and insists the Brazilian should follow Cristiano Ronaldo's lead.

Former Denmark and Manchester United keeper Schmeichel was horrified at Neymar's antics in Brazil's 2-0 win over Mexico in Samara which earned them a mouth-watering quarter-final showdown with Belgium.

Neymar scored one and made the other for Liverpool star Roberto Firmino. But he's drawn widespread criticism for his theatrics after a clash with Mexican star Miguel Layun who trod on the Brazilian's ankle in a touchline spat.

Neymar was accused of “fake fouls” by furious Mexico boss Juan Carlos Osorio in a rant at the PSG striker – and Schmeichel wasn't impressed either.

Neymar is a pathetic little weasel.

Be nice if more players would say this stuff and stop faking injuries themselves.

Neymar is a pathetic athetic little weasel.

Be nice if more players would say this stuff and stop faking injuries themselves.

Neymar goes up against huge, physical, Belgium, with officials on notice. He is going to take a real pounding.

Neymar goes up against huge, physical, Belgium, with officials on notice. He is going to take a real pounding.

I had Brazil winning this when it started (shocker) other than my thinking Putin would somehow rig this in Russia's favor (still alive)

Would anyone put it past Putin to threaten the goalie of the other team if he doesn't let in a couple easy ones?

I want to see the waffles win it all now

I had Brazil winning this when it started (shocker) other than my thinking Putin would somehow rig this in Russia's favor (still alive)

Would anyone put it past Putin to threaten the goalie of the other team if he doesn't let in a couple easy ones?

I'm rooting for Brazil because the hot chick in the VW commercials asked me to. :wub:

:clap:

What a focking save!

Looking to trigger the world with a shoot out to reach the finals :o

FIFA announced the 2018 World Cup referee and assistants list back in 2017 and reports in Italian news also revealed what referees in the World Cup will be paid. Every referee in the final list will be paid $70,000 as retainer fee plus another $3,000 per match.

:o

refs are being jobbed!

jesus.. it would be way too easy to buy them off

NNNNGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

WTF, they score in OT - and keep playing???? :huh:

Yep... They play 30 minutes of OT no matter what... It isn't a "golden goal" like it use to be in the past...