Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Pit bulls: loaded weapon or misunderstood?

Uneducated owners that don't know how to properly train their pet is what's responsible for a majority of these actions.

If my city didn't have BS legislation that effectively prevented owning pits while renting, I'd have one

Pitbulls are strong and powerful.

strength and power require responsibility

pitbull owners are often very irresponsible

Agree here. To me it is a bit of both.

I have never been around a in the least bit mean or even aggressive pitbull. But I myself would never own one. Not my thing and many other breeds that are much better and easier to train. It is most always a bad owner. But they have something about them even besides size that can probably trigger them a little easier than others. You could have a mean as hell owner of a very large golden retriever and it probably doesn't maul anyone to death. Probably just not friendly.

I don't think they should be outlawed but this sort of thing happens with any dog and the owner should get much more than what this guy will get. You can't just have big dogs loose or liable to get loose like that.

Not my cup of tea either, but my friend's daughter has a pit bull and it's easily one of the best dogs I've ever been around. Well-mannered, pleasant-natured, great with kids and other animals. Never heard of or seen a single behavioral incident with it. If she told it to sit and stay it would stay there til it focking died. It is protective though. If she told it to kill you, it would probably focking kill you.

She actually works in a shelter and has four different pit/boxer/terrier variations. All great dogs.

Not my cup of tea either, but my friend's daughter has a pit bull and it's easily one of the best dogs I've ever been around. Well-mannered, pleasant-natured, great with kids and other animals. Never heard of or seen a single behavioral incident with it. If she told it to sit and stay it would stay there til it focking died. It is protective though. If she told it to kill you, it would probably focking kill you.

She actually works in a shelter and has four different pit/boxer/terrier variations. All great dogs.

Every dog is different. Different breeds all have variations individual dogs that can be vicious. Pit bulls are just one that people point fingers at cause they are easily one of the most powerful dogs and are used for dog fights a lot.

But Vudu is too big of a poosy and thinks they are all vicious. That guy would get spooked over his dam shadow. Pathetic excuse for a human indeed

Every dog is different. Different breeds all have variations individual dogs that can be vicious. Pit bulls are just one that people point fingers at cause they are easily one of the most powerful dogs and are used for dog fights a lot.

But Vudu is too big of a poosy and thinks they are all vicious. That guy would get spooked over his dam shadow. Pathetic excuse for a human indeed

Preach it Tuffy Tufferson.

Preach it Tuffy Tufferson.

Awe you gonna cry some more? Why don't you go get you a waaahburger and some French cries :lol:

I don't own a dog and I would never own a pit bull for the reasons stated here.

That being said, I don't think the gun analogy is completely off base, and I fear there may be a little "lying with statistics" going on. In 2015, 28 fatalities were attributed to pit bulls which was 80% of dog fatalities. That makes a strong case for pit bulls being the "most" dangerous, but what is the likelihood that a pit bull will kill you? 28 out of a population of... 30 total? 3 billion? :dunno:

Awe you gonna cry some more? Why don't you go get you a waaahburger and some French cries :lol:

Says the feeble sissy who's so afraid of the boogeyman that he keeps a loaded pistol at his bedside.

Says the feeble sissy who's so afraid of the boogeyman that he keeps a loaded pistol at his bedside.

Awe poor little guy. Scared of his own shadow that he has to act all tough online. Go cry some more. It's pretty entertaining to hear you call everything dangerous. Can't even take a simple fact or someone's opinion without getting scared

I'd rather have a Rottweiler if I were looking into a dog of that kind. Much smarter and much more reserved. Pit Bulls generally have more enthusiasmim than other large dogs. Sort of like boxers which to me are just downright annoying.

But I have a Pomeranian-Papillon mix about 12lbs. Best dog.

Looks sort of like this without the white.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pet-uploads.adoptapet.com/7/1/4/102536826.jpg

That being said, I don't think the gun analogy is completely off base, and I fear there may be a little "lying with statistics" going on. In 2015, 28 fatalities were attributed to pit bulls which was 80% of dog fatalities. That makes a strong case for pit bulls being the "most" dangerous, but what is the likelihood that a pit bull will kill you? 28 out of a population of... 30 total? 3 billion? :dunno:

Vudu is a little poosy so he would piss his pants if he saw a pit. By the way, at least 20 people a year are killed by cows. Vudu better watch out! Those vicious cows might be coming after you! :lol:

https://www.cnet.com/news/afraid-of-sharks-these-are-the-animals-more-likely-to-kill-you/

Awe poor little guy. Scared of his own shadow that he has to act all tough online. Go cry some more. It's pretty entertaining to hear you call everything dangerous. Can't even take a simple fact or someone's opinion without getting scared

The only thing I find dangerous about you is your complete and utter cluelessness.

Does your imaginary gun collection make you feel safer sissy?

The only thing I find dangerous about you is your complete and utter cluelessness.

Does your imaginary gun collection make you feel safer sissy?

Poor Vudu. You became a punching bag again tonight. I think it's time I stop though. Otherwise, you'll keep whining and moaning. Grab your safety blanket and bottle because I'm done making you look like a fool (not that it was hard but very entertaining). Just remember, next time you try to talk sh1t again remember the ass whooping you received :wave:

Poor Vudu. You became a punching bag again tonight. I think it's time I stop though. Otherwise, you'll keep whining and moaning. Grab your safety blanket and bottle because I'm done making you look like a fool (not that it was hard but very entertaining). Just remember, next time you try to talk sh1t again remember the ass whooping you received :wave:

If you ever manage to administer an a$$ whooping on anybody, it'll be the first time.

Make sure your gun is cocked and your cack is tucked missy.

And try not to have nightmares about robbers and clowns.

If you ever manage to administer an a$$ whooping on anybody, it'll be the first time.

Make sure your gun is cocked and your cack is tucked missy.

And try not to have nightmares about robbers and clowns.

Yawn

Like any big dogs, they can be good dogs, or they can be very dangerous.

I do think pits seem to be more... prone to snapping than most breeds though.

I will admit, I don't like being around them. I have no idea how any particular person treats their pit, and they can be unpredictable.

Just like I wouldn't care to go to a guys house that has loaded guns with hair triggers lying all over the place.

A bazooka is fine if the owner is responsible. I don't think they should be legal though. I almost didn't buy my house because I thought people down the street had a pit. I only saw it from a distance. The seller told me it wasn't.

This also sounds a lot like another comparison made on this bored. Can't put my finger on it though.

I'd rather have a Rottweiler if I were looking into a dog of that kind. Much smarter and much more reserved. Pit Bulls generally have more enthusiasmim than other large dogs. Sort of like boxers which to me are just downright annoying.

But I have a Pomeranian-Papillon mix about 12lbs. Best dog.

Looks sort of like this without the white.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pet-uploads.adoptapet.com/7/1/4/102536826.jpg

Boxers are the best dogs ever - smart, loyal and unable to fit in a purse.

Also I briefly owned a pit bull. My girlfriend (34B) wanted it as protection, we got it from the pound. Seemed like a good dog. But shortly after we got it, we introduced it to the neighbor's annoying chocolate lab - I normally like labs, but this one was constantly barking. While my ~100 pound girlfriend was holding the pit on a leash, the neighbor held his lab. Predictably, the lab barked and barked. The pit just stood there initially, but gradually it got up on its haunches and gave a stern look at the lab. Then, in the blink of an eye, it bit the neighbors dog on the leg. Thankfully, the pit released the infamous "death grip", and we were able to bandage the lab's wounds. The next day the pit went back to the pound.

Maybe the prior owner was abusive, or trained the dog to be aggressive. Or maybe the pit was tired of putting up with the lab's provocation. Either way, I'd be wary of owning another, especially if children or other animals were around (meaning everywhere).

This also sounds a lot like another comparison made on this bored. Can't put my finger on it though.

Bike riding dooshes? :dunno:

Seriously, I'm tired and going to bed soon and don't get your clever allusion, please spell it out for me. :cheers:

Bike riding dooshes? :dunno:

Seriously, I'm tired and going to bed soon and don't get your clever allusion, please spell it out for me. :cheers:

Muslims? Inner city blacks?

Muslims? Inner city blacks?

Both. Another poster was quick to point out the negative connotations, but it was nice of Jerry to suggest a few bad apples don't necessarily define the orchard.

I don't think you can put any one breed into a silo.

However, their bite force is formidable.

I've never had a bad experience with a Pit -

and on one occasion, I should have.

It was my own stupid fault.

Such a wonderful love of a dog.

That's my lasting memory of a Pit.

However, with the millions of dogs that need rescuing, why would you chance it?

It's basic risk mitigation;

Owning and loving a Pit provides not much more (if any) benefit that doing so for any other rescue.

But if there's even a 2 percent chance that dog may go apeshiit on your - or your kids -

with a legendary bite force, why bother?

Having said all that, from my own experience,

avoid at all costs mixed breed Sheperds.

Jeesus, pure ones are great, but once you fock

with the bloodline, they're plain sociopaths looking to go off.

This is also why you should never let a Kardashian kid get too close.

Both. Another poster was quick to point out the negative connotations, but it was nice of Jerry to suggest a few bad apples don't necessarily define the orchard.

It's not a few though with Muslims. It's millions.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2015.php

Pretty good breakdown whoever posted that. I'm not sure how people are debating those numbers.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule and that there are some very good pitbulls out there that wouldn't harm a hair on someone's head. That being said, my sister in law and her daughter have a pitbull/rott mix puppy (female) and it's the most aggressive puppy I've ever seen. While it may be playing, it's still seems to lose it's mind at times.

For me, I don't see how people would risk if their dog got loose (however unlikely) that it might kill someone. I would recommend having a PUP (Personal Umbrella Policy) if you do choose to own one.

• Like 1

I had a friend with two pit bulls. They were very well behaved and great around their children.

After 4 or 5 years they got a cat.

A little while later both dogs tore the cat to pieces in front of the kids. They had to put one down. (Not sure why only one)

A week later the other one tried to bite a friend of the family's child. My friend said it was like it got a taste of blood and just changed.

They decided to put both down. Point is, they can flip at any moment, even with a good owner. I wouldn't trust one at all.

• Like 2

even if i believe your premise, their are 1.6 BILLION Muslims on the planet. So the % of 'bad' ones is very small.

Did you kno the % of Germans that were nazis was very small? The percentage of slave owners was also very small? What difference did it make?

Uneducated owners that don't know how to properly train their pet is what's responsible for a majority of these actions.

If my city didn't have BS legislation that effectively prevented owning pits while renting, I'd have one

why a pit ?

why a pit ?

That's my question. I cannot logically or emotionally understand why a person would own a pit bull.

I'll make an analogy pulling in the "what kind of tire to buy" thread also on page 1.

There are 50 different kinds of tires a person in the market can buy. And even when you filter by price / type, you still have at least a dozen options. Let's say there was a tire that was known (statistically speaking) to have blow outs more than all the others (combined). I mean the odds are it probably won't happen but this tire is the far worst at rupturing while driving which is a safety hazard.

At what logical point does one come to the decision to purchase that tire over the dozen or so other options?

I can't for the life of me understand. Go get a Boxer, a Lab, English Bulldog, a freaking German Shepard if you are looking for protection, whatever, any one of the other 50 or so available options. :dunno:

• Like 1

In my opininon you take a ton of unwarranted crap from others here in so many other threads. I gotta say though, you deserve every bit of whats flying at you in this thread.

why a pit ?

see...

THAT is a good question.

You can have any dog you want, but a pit bull is your choice. Why?

Never buy a dog that could kill you. :nono:

Fast forward to 8:50 here, because this video won't let me do it for you:

Norm was so whiny back then. :thumbsup:

:D

In my opininon you take a ton of unwarranted crap from others here in so many other threads. I gotta say though, you deserve every bit of whats flying at you in this thread.

Cause I think that not all Pits are savage killers? :confused:

Well, I think we can safely close out another chapter of the Digby is a dumbsh!t story.

It really does write itself.