Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Kyle Rudolph

Will he do much in MN this season? The press reports are outstanding and with the drafting of Kalil and the signing of Carlson, he will not be asked to block. That's probably a good thing as he isn't a good blocker anyway. He has a long wingspan and reportedly has been catching everything in site. Injuries were an issue in college. The coach seems to love him as does the QB. I'm targeting him as my TE2 in many leagues based on potential. There are many "better" options, but the need the Vikings have for a security blanket over the middle as well as the size/speed ratio, I'm thinking he could make for a solid bye week fill-in or spot starter. Plus, I have a feeling the Vikes will need to play catch up frequently this season, giving him more opportunities. Thoughts?

Yeah, I think he'll have a nice year. The Vikings plan to run a lot of two tight sets and line up Rudolph all over the field. The Vikings want to use him like the Pats use Gronk. Now Ponder is no Brady and that will be a frustration for Rudy owners all year. But Ponder, despite his inconsistency last year, was actually one of the better red zone QBs. Since the Vikings don't really have the big red zone target at WR, they will often look to Rudolph there. Don't go crazy; he's not the sleeper that Jimmy Graham was last year, but I really like him as a high TE2, provided your TE1 is solid.

Of all the several potential break-out TEs out there, Kyle Rodolph has the highest upside and highest floor. I picked him over Brent Celek (lol...probably to WhiteWonder's astonishment, Celek was still there for him to snap up) as my TE2 in a TE flex league for the same reasons you did, Cara. So far in camp he's been offensive option 1b to Harvin's 1a, and has caught everything in sight. From everything I've read, Minnesota is committed to featuring him this year.

I think he will well exceed everyone's projections including my own.

I'm going to have a hard time not grabbing him in the 13th round or so and calling it a day at the position. A bit worried the hype will have him a bit pricey by draft day, but I'm definitely onboard.