Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Mark cuban...my thoughts

How dumb that he gets dinged for this.

He is in front of thousands of employees..

Why do you hire exexutives and managers who dont take care of everyday operations...you have people for that.

Let me ask this...if a teacher bangs a student...do they go after the superintendent? Local or state school board?

Its just dumb. Its inhumanly possible to keep track of thousands of employees as one person. Cuban can find out which managers covered it up and fire them. How is that not enough?

Let me ask this...if a teacher bangs a student...do they go after the superintendent? Local or state school board?

Bet your azz they have and do. Not always but they do

I havent followed this too closely, but a $10M fine is chump change to him.

Have there been any specific sexual harassment lawsuits against the Mavericks organization yet?

Any settlements?

Stephen A Smith: Mark Cuban should have been suspended for the first 50 games of the 2018-2019 season.

St a smiff looks is a loudmouth

He really is. Dipsh!t said he works harder for his black bosses than his white bosses with no apologies live on the air. :lol:

The investigation could not find a single paper, email, statement from anyone to Mark Cuban about what was happening...in thousands of documents and interviews.

He literally probably didnt know.

• Like 1

You lost me at: How dumb that he gets dinged for this. Im piecing together that someone he hired did a bad thing and he got blamed.

You lost me at: How dumb that he gets dinged for this. Im piecing together that someone he hired did a bad thing and he got blamed.

He doesnt hire every person...hes not sitting in interviews...he buys the team...shows up to games and doesnt worry about day to day ops. Other people do it

Thats not helpful. Ill go to google.

He doesnt hire every person...hes not sitting in interviews...he buys the team...shows up to games and doesnt worry about day to day ops. Other people do it

He probably did have some say in the hiring of the President and CEO of the Dallas Mavericks though.

Jackie Macmullin had some quality comments about it. I like Cuban but he failed here..bigly.

I like her. I'll take her lead.

Jut another sanctimonious rich guy trying to buy his way out of trouble. Never been impressed.

I actually understand Mark Cubans version and in each individual instance. Basically, each decision was defensible, but the totality of those decisions created a toxic culture.

He deserves to catch some hell. He is saying/doing the right things now, but he deserves to have to ride out some rough waters for awhile. Cant be avoided.

I actually understand Mark Cubans version and in each individual instance. Basically, each decision was defensible, but the totality of those decisions created a toxic culture.

He deserves to catch some hell. He is saying/doing the right things now, but he deserves to have to ride out some rough waters for awhile. Cant be avoided.

One the points Jackie made was that he hadnt sat down with the victims didnt know who they were etc, so I think saying and doing the right things is an overstatement

One the points Jackie made was that he hadnt sat down with the victims didnt know who they were etc, so I think saying and doing the right things is an overstatement

I read an interview in which he said he isnt aware of victim identities, because protecting their privacy was important to the investigation. In that interview, he said he was open to meeting victims though, if any want to speak to him....although he admittedly didnt seem gung ho about it.

When I say he is handling things the right way, what I mean is.....he is admitting they made a ton of mistakes, he is admitting he was tone deaf, he seems like he is taking steps to try and ensure it never happens again....and most importantly, he isnt claiming the problem is solved or claiming he has done enough. He seems receptive to the thought that he needs to do more.

In short, his reaction and efforts since the story broke make enough sense to me to believe his heart is on the right place...not that it absolves the mistakes made prior.

Guarantee that was done on advice of counsel.

I read an interview in which he said he isnt aware of victim identities, because protecting their privacy was important to the investigation. In that interview, he said he was open to meeting victims though, if any want to speak to him....although he admittedly didnt seem gung ho about it.

When I say he is handling things the right way, what I mean is.....he is admitting they made a ton of mistakes, he is admitting he was tone deaf, he seems like he is taking steps to try and ensure it never happens again....and most importantly, he isnt claiming the problem is solved or claiming he has done enough. He seems receptive to the thought that he needs to do more.

In short, his reaction and efforts since the story broke make enough sense to me to believe his heart is on the right place...not that it absolves the mistakes made prior.

If that's so, it does sound reasonable. Here is Jackie's take. eta - she has the first 3 minutes, you can get out before SAS gets going.