Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

That's right friends...I started both Cutler AND Forte

I benched Vick. Dumped Rashad Jennings to add Cutler based on an earlier thread on here that I started where many of you said it was nuts that Cutler was still around in my league and I should grab him immediately. I agreed and somewhat still do. Chose between him, Flacco and Schaub.

To make matters worse I have Forte. I am fortunate to have Martin as my #3. Hit 'em and hope.

My opponent has Crosby so I am down 14-11.6. Awesome.

I benched Vick. Dumped Rashad Jennings to add Cutler based on an earlier thread on here that I started where many of you said it was nuts that Cutler was still around in my league and I should grab him immediately. I agreed and somewhat still do. Chose between him, Flacco and Schaub.

To make matters worse I have Forte. I am fortunate to have Martin as my #3. Hit 'em and hope.

it was nuts he was still around.

hindsight is 20/20..you made all the right plays.

I did the same. We screwed.

I have hope. He has three Cowboys in his line-up at Seattle. Murray, Bryant and Ogletree. Go Seahawks. As a Rams fan I just puked in my mouth for saying that. He also has RG3 against my Rams. At least I have something to root for this weekend.

adding cutler was a no brainer if he was still available. starting him over vick was a no brainer, but the retarded kind.

taking a chance on the QB that could bomb is never worth starting over a qb that almost can't bomb. thats why cutler isn't a qb1 and you should find a qb1 if you don't have one... you can usually find one cheap or on the wire in one qb leagues.

Cutler has thrown 7 TD against GB in 7 games now. Yeah GB always plays the Bears offense tough. Forte has gashed them before though by catching a ton of passes.

Given Cutler's track record with GB and the Pack being pissed off, I should of gone with my gut to start Vick. Damnit.

Given Cutler's track record with GB and the Pack being pissed off, I should of gone with my gut to start Vick. Damnit.

The stats and talk about the Pack's pass defense all week sold me. Also the fact that DJax and Maclin are hurting also helped sway me.

I heard that TSA tackled Cutler when he arrived at the airport in Chicago.

adding cutler was a no brainer if he was still available. starting him over vick was a no brainer, but the retarded kind.

taking a chance on the QB that could bomb is never worth starting over a qb that almost can't bomb. thats why cutler isn't a qb1 and you should find a qb1 if you don't have one... you can usually find one cheap or on the wire in one qb leagues.

I could have had Flacco or Schaub. Went with Cutler because of Marshall, Forte and SOS. We only get 10 transactions a year so I am stuck unless I can get a good trade that includes Vick or Cutler. Those two guys along with Sanchez, Palmer, A. Smith and Cassel are still available.

Thanks for the update, I was just sitting here wondering how your team was doing.

Here's some advice from a Chicago homer:

1. Forte is worth starting every week as long as he's healthy with Bush being a good handcuff. If you took Forte as your #1RB, you've got problems. He's basically the poor man's McCoy or Rice but with a worse O-line and receiving skills.

2. Bears D is also an every week start.

3. Cutler is a matchup play. If they defense looks vulnerable, he's a good start, but not an every week guy. No Bears homer in their right mind would have started him against Green Bay.

4. The super-sack and interception debacle will happen at least twice more this year. Find a good defense and start them against the Bears... perhaps GB?

5. Alshon Jeffrey is NOT worth a roster spot in any league. He's got big receiver potential but nothing else to show right now. Neither is Devin Hester.

Here's some advice from a Chicago homer:

1. Forte is worth starting every week as long as he's healthy with Bush being a good handcuff. If you took Forte as your #1RB, you've got problems. He's basically the poor man's McCoy or Rice but with a worse O-line and receiving skills.

2. Bears D is also an every week start.

3. Cutler is a matchup play. If they defense looks vulnerable, he's a good start, but not an every week guy. No Bears homer in their right mind would have started him against Green Bay.

4. The super-sack and interception debacle will happen at least twice more this year. Find a good defense and start them against the Bears... perhaps GB?

5. Alshon Jeffrey is NOT worth a roster spot in any league. He's got big receiver potential but nothing else to show right now. Neither is Devin Hest

In regards to #3 on this list , are you frickin stoned man Gb D SUCKS therefore Cutler was a great match up play this week, he chocked ,he stairs down wr's , doesn't know how to dump the ball off. And he's the biggest baby in the NFL. I would love to punch this punk right in the mouth.

As bad as Chicago has played Green Bay, you can't ever bench Forte when healthy and Cutler is more then passable as a low end starter with upside. Just how the ball bounces.

I heard that TSA tackled Cutler when he arrived at the airport in Chicago.

should have just scared him into throwing. much better strategy this week.

Haha yep, that's why it's your fantasy team and you should do what you feel is the best move. But instead you asked us, so you can't then just turn around and blame us. It's on you, you refused to think for yourself and deferred.

For the record I'd have started Cutler over Vick. I'd also have lived with my decision. It's a long season and I have multiple teams. I hope to make the playoffs in most but there are no guarantees. I expect at least one team to miss and to kind of suck.

Haha yep, that's why it's your fantasy team and you should do what you feel is the best move. But instead you asked us, so you can't then just turn around and blame us. It's on you, you refused to think for yourself and deferred.

For the record I'd have started Cutler over Vick. I'd also have lived with my decision. It's a long season and I have multiple teams. I hope to make the playoffs in most but there are no guarantees. I expect at least one team to miss and to kind of suck.

I made my own decision. I just wanted to see what you guys thought. Every person said to grab Cutler. Every person. No one said Flacco and one said Schaub was a close second. When there is that overwhelming of a statement made by the group it makes you confident about the trigger you pulled. Now I have to deal with it. I still have a solid team barring anymore injuries...

Cutler/Vick

Rice

D. Martin

Cruz

Decker

Maclin

V. Jax

Akers

it was nuts he was still around.

hindsight is 20/20..you made all the right plays.

Thought it was funny that Sexy Rexy showed up in a Cutler thread the day he puts up a Grossmanesque fantasy stat line. :lol:

I agree. Not sure how he was available.

I started both in the only league where I own either of them. Fortunately for me I also had the Packers DST. My opponent has Rodgers. I didn't even think about my QB and DST playing each other until after kickoff. After every sack or INT I didn't know whether to cheer or cry. After last night, I am ahead 41-12. Weird night lol.

I got you one better... I started Cutler, Forte, AND Jeffrey. :wall:

I guarantee you Eli will go off this week, since I benched him for Cutler.

My son (who i am "helping") started Cutler, Marshall, Cobb AND James Jones.

I find it odd that Cutler, Flacco and Schaub were all available in your league, must be a shallow league where everyone carries one QB. Any 10-team league that carries 2-QB's, all three should have been rosterd.

I think I beat all of ya, in a 2-QB league (actually start 1-QB and can start one at the flex), I started Rodgers AND Cutler. Needless to say, not looking good to start the week.

I find it odd that Cutler, Flacco and Schaub were all available in your league, must be a shallow league where everyone carries one QB. Any 10-team league that carries 2-QB's, all three should have been rosterd.

I think I beat all of ya, in a 2-QB league (actually start 1-QB and can start one at the flex), I started Rodgers AND Cutler. Needless to say, not looking good to start the week.

It is a 10 team league and only 4 teams picked a back-up QB and one team drafted RG3 and Luck and another has Big Ben as his back-up hence the waiver options.

In regards to #3 on this list , are you frickin stoned man Gb D SUCKS therefore Cutler was a great match up play this week, he chocked ,he stairs down wr's , doesn't know how to dump the ball off. And he's the biggest baby in the NFL. I would love to punch this punk right in the mouth.

The GB defense looked bad last year due to a lot of injuries and they are presumably healthy right now. The recent Bears/Packers games have not shown well for the Bears offense. Before the game, the inside scoop was that the Packers would scheme so that the Bears would have to beat them with Kellen Davis, their virtually unknown tight end. If Greg Olsen was still on the team, maybe they could win with their TE, but not now.

The game plan against the Bears offense has clearly worked well since GB will primarily play man-to-man since the receivers can't beat anyone (except maybe Marshall). Cutler then holds the ball way too long and gets sacked or throws and INT. It will happen again. Again, Cutler is a good start only if you have a favorable matchup and teams that play tight man-to-man are NOT good for him. He's not an every week start like Rodgers... you have to pick your places.