Sign in to follow this  
edjr

At United Nations. Trump threatens to ‘totally destroy’ North Korea

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/world/americas/united-nations-general-assembly.html

Holy Chit :doh:

If the United States is forced to defend itself or its allies, “we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” President Trump told the gathering.
In his address to the General Assembly on Tuesday, Mr. Trump denounced North Korea and its leader, Kim Jong-un, saying the nation “threatens the entire world with unthinkable loss of life” as a result of its nuclear weapons program.
Continue reading the main story
“If the righteous many don’t confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph,” he said.
Mr. Trump emphasized that it was against the interest of the entire world for North Korea — which he called a “band of criminals” — to obtain missiles and nuclear weapons.
“Rocket man is on a suicide mission for himself,” he said of Mr. Kim.
Mr. Trump accused Mr. Kim of overseeing a regime that has starved its people, brutalized an imprisoned American college student who was returned home in a coma, and assassinated Mr. Kim’s older brother, a potential rival, with poison chemicals.
“If this is not twisted enough, now North Korea’s reckless pursuit of missiles and nuclear weapons threatens the entire world,” Mr. Trump said.
While he thanked Russia and China for supporting recent United Nations sanctions on North Korea, Mr. Trump also took an indirect swipe at them for continuing to do business with Mr. Kim.
“It is an outrage that some nations would not only trade with such a regime, but would arm, supply and financially support a country that imperils the world,” Mr. Trump said.
The president said that America would act alone if needed. He emphasized an “America first” agenda, and said that while the United States would “forever be a great friend to the world and especially to its allies,” his primary responsibility was to Americans.
“As president, I will always put America first, just like you as the leaders of your countries will always — and should always — put your countries first,” he said. — MEGAN SPECIA

• Leaders from around the globe take the lectern at the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday. It’s a particularly big moment for President Trump, who addressed the world gathering for the first time.
• Mr. Trump threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea and called Iran a “rogue nation.”
• Secretary General António Guterres spoke about climate change, Myanmar and trust among nations.

Oftentimes as I go through reading the forum, I have youtube on in the background playing music.

So, that's where I am today, the music's been playing, I've been opening threads. Well wouldn't you know just as I'm reading this about Trump "totally destroying" North Korea, at the same time, in a massive coincidence, I'm also hearing Billy Joel singing

:music_guitarred: "You may be right. I may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic your looking for." :music_guitarred:

“If the righteous many don’t confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph,” he said.

Did Tarantino write that line for him?

I actually thought it was a pretty good (and accurate) speech. It doesn't play well with our allies, but it was pretty factually correct. He's already made it clear with the US first populist agenda, that we don't care too much about our allies anymore. So no shock there.

This is one of the downsides of having him as president but it was something that was already factored in.

Downside? Where has the upside been? They are launching rockets every other day.

MUNGA!

Liberals will now defend North Korea.

• Like 2

I actually thought it was a pretty good (and accurate) speech. It doesn't play well with our allies, but it was pretty factually correct. He's already made it clear with the US first populist agenda, that we don't care too much about our allies anymore. So no shock there.

Liberals will now defend North Korea.

:thumbsup: :doh: :first:

If was ok when Bill Clinton said they would be destroyed. But meanie Trump said the same thing but not nice.

He should start off with North Korea & Iran, but then work his way through all the other countries with a list of grievances...

Thailand - Your food sucks

Greenland - Too many fat chicks....

He should start off with North Korea & Iran, but then work his way through all the other countries with a list of grievances...

Greenland - Too many fat chicks....

America is the fattest fock nation on Earf, isn't it?

Glass houses my friend.,

If the United States is forced to defend itself or its allies, “we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” President Trump told the gathering.

That statement is spot on, not sure what the issue is.

:dunno:

That statement is spot on, not sure what the issue is.

:dunno:

Your lack of understanding surprises no one.

America is the fattest fock nation on Earf, isn't it?

Glass houses my friend.,

Pretty sure that's not a concern of our President.

This is what happens when two guys with tiny fingers cacks square off.

:first: :clap: :overhead:

He's a bull in a China shop.

Agree with a lot of what he said but "totally destroy" another nation full of millions of innocent civilians? Jesus, man. Maybe not the thing to say at the U.N.

Also the America first stuff -- just red meat for his base. Fine if you run a campaign on that but what is the focking point in standing up in front of the U.N. and saying it? This man does not understand international relations.

Agree with a lot of what he said but "totally destroy" another nation full of millions of innocent civilians? Jesus, man. Maybe not the thing to say at the U.N.

Also the America first stuff -- just red meat for his base. Fine if you run a campaign on that but what is the focking point in standing up in front of the U.N. and saying it? This man does not understand international relations.

I think he's a dope, but I got a kick out of him bashing all of those crap-hole countries one by one. He basically said what's the point of the UN and "peace keeping" if all of these powerful people just sit around and turn a blind eye.

Totally agree about the populism stuff though. There isn't a bone in that fat body that cares about the common man.

Do you mean the relations where we give everyone money and they hate our guts?

IF the US is forced to defend itself they will kick the crap out of NK. What is wrong with that? :dunno:

Never underestimate your opponent.

I think that's why Trump made such an axx of himself in his first week with the Ausies,Brits, Germans, etc.

So now, when he says 'Iraqi Information Minister' type crap like this, everyone knows not to take him seriously.

Honest to God, would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what people from other countries were saying afterward.

SoKo has GOT to be thinking "Dude, Chill will ya?"

I think that's why Trump made such an axx of himself in his first week with the Ausies,Brits, Germans, etc.

So now, when he says 'Iraqi Information Minister' type crap like this, everyone knows not to take him seriously.

Honest to God, would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what people from other countries were saying afterward.

Apparently Netanyahu had a huge erection

Went like this:

Ambassador 1: Trump is nuts.

Ambassador 2: Sure is.

Ambassador 1: America has gone so crazy we should move the UN to a more civilized country.

Ambassador 2: :shocking:

Ambassador 1: :doublethumbsup: Just fockin with you.

Ambassador 2: :thumbsup: Good one.

Ambassador 1: Time for whores and blow, got your per diem.

Your lack of understanding surprises no one.

No more smart a$$ comments from MDC, strange considering, most people agree with me..

:(

No more smart a$$ comments from MDC, strange considering, most people agree with me..

:(

You already responded to this post yesterday.

You already responded to this post yesterday.

Oh, I get it, you're retarded. Thanks, that clears things up a bit.

Oh, I get it, you're retarded. Thanks, that clears things up a bit.

Appears to be the case. I don't think he has much going on outside of this place.