Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Look-Alike Players: Jeremy Maclin vs. DeSean Jackson

Redraft: Jeremy Maclin or DeSean Jackson?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Maclin or Jackson?

• Jeremy Maclin
    • DeSean Jackson

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every few days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

Our Sixth Look-Alike player matchup of the summer is: Jeremy Maclin vs. DeSean Jackson

Previous matchup results

Miles Austin over Dez Bryant, 19-16.

Steven Jackson over Frank Gore, 20-7.

Matthew Stafford over Cam Newton, 31-9.

Victor Cruz over Jordy Nelson, 16-7.

Jamaal Charles and DeMarco Murray are tied at 13 votes apiece

Thanks for your participation!!

I can't vote since I'm on my phone, but I'd take Jeremy Maclin.

Maclin suffered through that mystery illness last season but atleast he put up an effort. Maclin runs good routes & seemed to have better chemistry with Vick. While I don't believe that Desean Jackson is a one-trick pony who just runs underneath long bombs, he needs to keep his head in the game if he isn't the primary focus on offense.

Ha! Just checked FFC to see what their respective ADP's are... Maclin 5.07 & Jackson 5.07

Ha! Just checked FFC to see what their respective ADP's are... Maclin 5.07 & Jackson 5.07

yeah--when i saw the thread title, the first thing that came to mind is that this was the worst 'lookalike' pairing thus far. then i looked at the numbers, and realized how wrong i was.

Nice poll, I'm a big fan of Maclin and fully expect him to rebound this year and put up solid WR2 numbers, and do so more consistently than Jackson. In PPR it's Maclin and it's not even a race.

If Jackson had the mindset of Maclin, it wouldn't be close. But since they're not switching brains anytime soon, Maclin is the safe bet.

The hype for Maclin has been building recently. As a keeper owner, I'm hoping it's more than just hype....

According to NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, Jeremy Maclin looked "outstanding" in offseason workouts and the Eagles are expecting a "huge year."Jeremiah has close ties to the Eagles because he worked as a scout for them last season. There's also a consensus among Philly beat writers that Maclin is set up for a breakout season. It's important to remember that Maclin didn't play anywhere near full strength last year after losing 15 pounds in the offseason and not even being able to practice until 14 days before the opener.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter Jun 26 - 9:55

Michael Vick is the latest to suggest a "huge year" is in store for Jeremy Maclin.

"Every time I see him run routes I think of Michael Irvin," added Vick. Maclin sustained a minor right ankle injury in Thursday's practice, but returned and didn't appear to miss any snaps the rest of the way. The ankle tweak is not a concern for the potential breakout star.

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Coach Andy Reid indicated that Jeremy Maclin is "much stronger right now" than he was after the lockout last summer.

Maclin's weight dropped as low as 180 pounds last year while battling a mystery illness, feared to be Lymphoma. He's now up to 205, seven pounds over his 2011 playing weight. The hope is that the added bulk will prevent injuries such as the shoulder and hamstring issues which limited Maclin to just 19 catches and 253 yards over the final eight games.

Source: PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Maclin, without a doubt. DeSean has never looked the same since that wicked hit he took to the head. I honestly do not believe he will ever be the same guy. He may be close, but a hit like that has changed many careers. Maclin you can start each week and expect consistency. Jackson is altogether different. 20 points one week, 4 the next. He may win you some games, but will lose you just as many.

Maclin, without a doubt. DeSean has never looked the same since that wicked hit he took to the head. I honestly do not believe he will ever be the same guy. He may be close, but a hit like that has changed many careers. Maclin you can start each week and expect consistency. Jackson is altogether different. 20 points one week, 4 the next. He may win you some games, but will lose you just as many.

Yeah, it seems like Jackson is much more hesitant when going across the middle now. He's grown some alligator arms for sure, but who can blame him. He was damn near decapitated!

Your point about the consistency is what sets the two apart. I want players who are going to give me double digit points, week in & week out. Like you said, Jackson will win you some weeks but his duds will attribute to losses in other weeks.

I would expect Maclin's ADP to rise over the next few weeks. The hype machine is in effect.

Agreed. I've gotten him in just about every mock draft I've done this Spring/Summer. Crazy good value, no way it lasts.

DJax might be a good value too depending on the opinions of your leaguemates regarding his attitude. He is a threat to punk out after getting paid.

Neither has been very consistant but I do see big things coming this season from Maclin.. Djax is so boom or bust I wouldnt want to depend on him as a starter

Djax will have bigger games but Mac will have the better overall season

I actually think Desean Jackson will end up with more rush/rec yards than Maclin and similar TD's. Maclin will be more consistent week to week but Desean will have some much bigger games. I think the hype on Maclin is out of control. He's a very good WR but I don't think he will ever be a GREAT fantasy WR.

Desean Jackson was never mentally there last season. He was never focused on football and was worried about his contract. He still put up almost 1000 yards rush/rec last year. I really think we will see a different Desean Jackson this year, and potentially the guy who finished as the #4 fantasy WR in 2009. Maybe as an Eagles fan I am just overly optimistic. :dunno:

In PPR I'd definitely prefer Maclin, but in standard scoring, I think I like the ceiling of DJax better.

Previous matchup results

Miles Austin over Dez Bryant, 19-16.

Steven Jackson over Frank Gore, 20-7.

Matthew Stafford over Cam Newton, 31-9.

Victor Cruz over Jordy Nelson, 16-7.

Jamaal Charles and DeMarco Murray are tied at 13 votes apiece

Suggestion: Make these links in the Look Alike Players threads so we don't have to search for them.

Thanks. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

I've been seeing DJax go as late as the 4th round in 14-team mocks. At that round, I think he's a HUGE value. Sure, there will be weeks when he goes 2-27 and you're cursing your TV screen. There will be other weeks though where he goes 5-120 with a TD or more and singlehandedly wins your game. And considering he could be the 3rd or 4th player you drafted, getting the top deep threat on a very good passing team is about the best you could hope for.